Not open for further replies.

jays52

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Through 2009, per EEI.

Last edited:
Re: OT: Mangini Extended

so it was through 2008???? and then they extended a year?? Taht really doesn't make sense...if it were 2 or 3....

Yeah, extending a contract one year isn't exactly a huge vote of confidence. I think anything below 8-8 will be a big blow to the Mangini/Tannebaum duo and put them on very thin ice.

Through 2009, per EEI.
it wasnt an extention just a vote of confidece from the owner that he expects him to be ther in 2009 get your facts right before posting

Yeah, extending a contract one year isn't exactly a huge vote of confidence. I think anything below 8-8 will be a big blow to the Mangini/Tannebaum duo and put them on very thin ice.

It's not extended. The Jets owner merely said that, no matter the outcome of the 2008 season, Magini is guarunteed a job in 2009.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3321928

it wasnt an extention just a vote of confidece from the owner that he expects him to be ther in 2009 get your facts right before posting

You have got to be kidding me...

I could go for a few more years of Belichick saying "Great game, Eric, Great game. Awesome" as Belichick walks off a winner.

Hey Eric - F*CK YOU.

I could go for a few more years of Belichick saying "Great game, Eric, Great game. Awesome" as Belichick walks off a winner.

Hey Eric - F*CK YOU.

Yea, me too. But I would really like to see this pre-game hand shake, "Good to see you Eric, how's the new job coaching special teams for the Lions? Good luck, Idiot."

Now, that's fun.

More like one of these, probably.

465_godfatherii.jpg

Yea, me too. But I would really like to see this pre-game hand shake, "Good to see you Eric, how's the new job coaching special teams for the Lions? Good luck, Idiot."

Now, that's fun.

Not exaggerating too much but, who wants a rat like that on a pro staff?

Probably ends up coaching the DBacks at Slippery Rock University.

Yea, we've heard that before. Ask Brian Billick about a guaranteed job.

====================================

In the same article Woody says that Chad is not going to be traded.

Interesting to note also that Woody also said he would bring the Jets back to NY.

Yea, we've heard that before. Ask Brian Billick about a guaranteed job.

I took your advise and called him and asked him. He says that retirement is great. *rimshot*

With what Woody Johnson promised today and $8, Mangini and Tannenbaum can buy a cup of Latte from Starbucks. If the Jets tank again this year, look for Johnson to revise his promise. All Johnson did was to take pressure off of Mangini and Tannebaum during the season and not have the "will they be fired" question be raised every week. If the Jets go 4-12 again this year after the acquisitions of Mangini's types of players, don't expect to see Mangini on the sidelines in 2009.

If this happens, Mangini has only himself to blame. He obviously didn't learn from his mentor. Belichick, Parcells, and even Mike Tomlin in Pittsburgh have proven that you don't go into a job and try to force players to fit into your system. Belichick won his first Super Bowl with the Pats' defense playing near exclusively 4-3. He didn't even switch to the 3-4 as the base until 2003. Granted he and Crennel had far more experience and probably confidence in their abilities to be able to adapt to other systems. With little even coordinator experience, I don't know if Mangini knows how to gameplan any other way than the 3-4. Even his 3-4 hasn't been near exotic as the Patriots' 3-4 except for maybe a handful of games.

I took your advise and called him and asked him. He says that retirement is great. *rimshot*

Yea, I bet! Can't believe that he did not land a job with all the openings this year. The Jets would have been better off with someone like Brian, and he would have loved playing the Pats twice a year seeing how he has an unhealthy Man-Crush on Rodney Harrison (kiss kiss).

With what Woody Johnson promised today and $8, Mangini and Tannenbaum can buy a cup of Latte from Starbucks. If the Jets tank again this year, look for Johnson to revise his promise. All Johnson did was to take pressure off of Mangini and Tannebaum during the season and not have the "will they be fired" question be raised every week. If the Jets go 4-12 again this year after the acquisitions of Mangini's types of players, don't expect to see Mangini on the sidelines in 2009.

If this happens, Mangini has only himself to blame. He obviously didn't learn from his mentor. Belichick, Parcells, and even Mike Tomlin in Pittsburgh have proven that you don't go into a job and try to force players to fit into your system. Belichick won his first Super Bowl with the Pats' defense playing near exclusively 4-3. He didn't even switch to the 3-4 as the base until 2003. Granted he and Crennel had far more experience and probably confidence in their abilities to be able to adapt to other systems. With little even coordinator experience, I don't know if Mangini knows how to gameplan any other way than the 3-4. Even his 3-4 hasn't been near exotic as the Patriots' 3-4 except for maybe a handful of games.

You are right on about taking the pressure off Mangini as far as the Media goes, but you can bet that little chubby SOB knows good and well that if he has a loosing season again, it's out the door for those two clowns.

The only way he survives is if he can steal another lap top with the Pats plays on it. Remember he went 10-6 with the last place schedule. The D:rocker:eek:lphins have it this year. However the next coach of the Jets will get it for 2009 season.

Through 2009, per EEI.

Someone might want to research the long line of coaches extended for one season who were subsequently fired.

The only reason to give a "vote of confidence" to a coach is when a coach NEEDS a vote of confidence.

A one year extension is a small price to pay for an attempt to shore up a coach who has lost the confidence and support of his team. Barring a big season my guess is that MangIdiot is on his way out.

Of course, I'm sure ManJudas also is documenting every incidence of cheating and tampering within the Jets agency to hold over their head to thwart a pink slip, but even that won't be enough. And no organization is going to want to bring in a guy who will sing to the Commissioner at the drop of a hat as well.

He can't be trusted anymore and everyone knows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes