PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - Madden Game Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

nukin

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
It just came to me. A flawless way to win every game - after the first season.

You trade everyone that is worth anything on your team... someone goes to each other team. What do you get? 1st round picks from every team - 32 picks in the first draft. You also may have other good players ... for instance if I am the colts and I trade peyton manning for a first round pick - I may get chad johnson along with that trade.

Then trade chad for another good player and a first rounder :p

Seem like a good idea? I'v never been good at explaining things.

fleabassist1 said:
It just came to me. A flawless way to win every game - after the first season.

You trade everyone that is worth anything on your team... someone goes to each other team. What do you get? 1st round picks from every team - 32 picks in the first draft. You also may have other good players ... for instance if I am the colts and I trade peyton manning for a first round pick - I may get chad johnson along with that trade.

Then trade chad for another good player and a first rounder :p

Seem like a good idea? I'v never been good at explaining things.

It sounds to me like you'd be in salary cap hell in year 07-08, though......

Clonamery said:
It sounds to me like you'd be in salary cap hell in year 07-08, though......

Ah... this is true. That is why you gotta be really good at team management - I underpay all of my players so I can make extra money, kindof like the Redskins.

There's a limit (in the game) as to how many picks you can have in one draft. In the 2006 game the limit is 12 or 13 I think.

Brownfan80 said:
There's a limit (in the game) as to how many picks you can have in one draft. In the 2006 game the limit is 12 or 13 I think.

Darn. And I thought it was such a good idea :'(

fleabassist1 said:

Madden is needlessly ******ed about a lot of stuff like that. I am constantly annoyed by their granular player requirements. Why require X numbers of Centers, Guards and Tackles and just have requirements for the OL category, etc.

It's more than annoying in the 360 version of Madden where you can't edit player positions so if the best guy in the draft is a guard and you need a tackle you can't just draft him and have him play that role unless you pick up a scrub tackle and waste a spot on him and then change your depth chart. Wasted roster spots when you can only have 45 are annoying.

Madden seems to be moving further and further away from the excellente GM aspects they used to have and it kills me. Long live Madden 2004.

fnordcircle said:
Madden is needlessly ******ed about a lot of stuff like that. I am constantly annoyed by their granular player requirements. Why require X numbers of Centers, Guards and Tackles and just have requirements for the OL category, etc.

It's more than annoying in the 360 version of Madden where you can't edit player positions so if the best guy in the draft is a guard and you need a tackle you can't just draft him and have him play that role unless you pick up a scrub tackle and waste a spot on him and then change your depth chart. Wasted roster spots when you can only have 45 are annoying.

Madden seems to be moving further and further away from the excellente GM aspects they used to have and it kills me. Long live Madden 2004.

I have 2k5... I just play that. Have not played 07' at all, and I wasn't to big on 06'

fleabassist1 said:

Actually in theory it will work, you could trade your entire team for #1 picks. What you need to do is start makign the trades during the draft. So technically when you have the #1 pick, you can make a trade for the #2 pick while in the draft.. See you still are in the 10-12 draft pick use.. As soon as you make the pick you make a trade for the next spot.. I've had a few top 10 picks before.. WHEN I WAS 12 and lpayed the game.. I like the challenge of managing the cap..

Has anyone ever actually FRANCHISED a player???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back