PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: LT went after Rivers today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on now. Have any of you ever played sports before? If so, have you every yelled at your team mates if they clearly aren't playing well (making mistakes) and need to step things up? I don't think any of you can say what Brady is saying in the line up or what happens in the locker room at half time if things aren't going well. Seriously, let's be fair.
Baloney! The Chargers are imploding under Norv Turner! LDT is one sure classy fellow!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Last edited:
Come on now. Have any of you ever played sports before? If so, have you every yelled at your team mates if they clearly aren't playing well (making mistakes) and need to step things up?

Dude, LdT didn't even acknowledge him. I'm no fan of Rivers as he is an assclown, but maybe LdT could have found a better way of motivating him than completely disregarding him. I guess that he's not a leader. That's okay, not every player can be a leader. The Chargers are going nowhere anyway.

Baloney! The Chargers are imploding under Norv Turner! LDT is one sure classy fellow!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I guess if LT is not classy, you would fall into that category as well.

the problem is, he's called himself classy plenty of times. it's not like it was a one time thing.

there's a big difference between calling out your teammates on the field or sidelines (and there are ways to do that and ways not to...) and publically questioning your coach or teammates in a press conference (peyton, tiki, LT, I'm looking in your direction...)

I kind of feel like if tom didn't publically complain about having bug-eyes caldwell as his number 1 WR last season, LT shouldn't be complaining about having phillip rivers as his QB. even though they made a terrible decision letting drew brees go.

i saw a clip of that when rivers went to sit down next to him LT got up and walked away.
Yeah, I saw that, too. Rivers was struggling badly at the time. I suppose it was just the way Ladanian "I'm a Classy Guy" Tomlinson shows his teammate some support :D

Chargers fans need to realize they kept the wrong quarterback and hired the wrong coach!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Lawrence Taylor was classy however the current starting running back for the Chargers is NOT!

Easy for you to sit back and judge, sir. The Pats are undefeated, arguably the best team in the NFL and favorite to win the Super Bowl. Not too much to complain about.

However, put Brady in LT's shoes. Let's say you fired Billechik after a 14-2 season, replaced your entire coaching staff with sub-par coaches, and your beloved Pats began to implode the following season. Do you think Brady would be p*ssed???? Would you????

Last edited:
Why are people apologetic for LdT? He does this every damn game. He's nothing but a POS. Which is unfortunate. If he wasnt such a *****, he'd go down as one of the greatest athletes of all-time.

However, when Rivers sat down, Ldt threw his hands up and walked away, while trying to stare down Rivers. Gimme a break here. It was uncalled for. I'm sure Rivers wasnt out there throwing the picks on purpose. Why doesnt the classy Ldt act supportive and try to lift Rivers spirits? I'll tell you why. He's a self centered Piece of ****!

If Moss had done the same thing to Brady after he threw a pick, the media would be all over Moss. Look at the horrible things they say about him now? Imagine what they would say then? But, LdT does it, and it's passion.

Yeah-to be honest, I did NOT see that balanced run/pass game plan by Martz(of course, as we all know, Martz SLEEPS with the pass).

But NO excuses, our D concerns me very, very much. It's funny how the media(and even most Cowboy fans) have chastised the Pats' D the last 2 weeks, the fact that the DETROIT LIONS(of all teams) has me very worried.

My feeling is if Marvin Lewis ends up getting fired as there is a rumor, I can see Mike Martz as the new Head Coach of the Bengals. He has the weapons that work with his style of Offense.

I don't think Rivers magically played better because Tomlinson was passive-aggressively pissed at him.

Brady has never taken his issues out on his teammates, and he's never called out the opposing coach after losing. Brady has never said stupid stuff like (paraprasing) "we beat that team 9 out of 10 times." Brady shows emotion on the field and barks at refs, but doesn't stopp the LDT's level.

The Chargers were 14-2 the year before, and at one point 4-5 going into the season, and some had them as Super Bowl contenders, even though I was smart enough to know Norv is not Head Coach material, but people thought, especially AJ Smith, the Chargers GM, who fired Marty Schottenheimer felt Turner could get the team to the next level. Of course they are pissed, I would be to, if I was a player, and they see teams like New England, Indy, Jacksonville, and Pittsburgh have better records. The team has not had any real significant injuries. That is all on the Head Coach. I would not blame anyone for lashing out on Norv Turner, because the guy is a wuss. If the Chargers do not get to the AFC Title game, AJ Smith should be fired for letting go of Schottenheimer, and hiring an underachieving Head Coach.

Wait that sounds like Scott Linehan.

They just played the highlights on The Blitz.... Showed Crybaby Tomlinson walking away from Rivers after he sat down next to him on the bench.... Didn't show the late LT hit out of bounds, which I haven't seen yet. I'd love to see a replay of that incident somewhere...

Why are people apologetic for LdT? He does this every damn game. He's nothing but a POS. Which is unfortunate. If he wasnt such a *****, he'd go down as one of the greatest athletes of all-time.

However, when Rivers sat down, Ldt threw his hands up and walked away, while trying to stare down Rivers. Gimme a break here. It was uncalled for. I'm sure Rivers wasnt out there throwing the picks on purpose. Why doesnt the classy Ldt act supportive and try to lift Rivers spirits? I'll tell you why. He's a self centered Piece of ****!

If Moss had done the same thing to Brady after he threw a pick, the media would be all over Moss. Look at the horrible things they say about him now? Imagine what they would say then? But, LdT does it, and it's passion.

Not sure what game you watched. He simply stood up and walked away. Maybe he was thirsty and wanted some gatorade.

Easy for you to sit back and judge, sir. The Pats are undefeated, arguably the best team in the NFL and favorite to win the Super Bowl. Not too much to complain about.

However, put Brady in LT's shoes. Let's say you fired Billechik after a 14-2 season, replaced your entire coaching staff with sub-par coaches, and your beloved Pats began to implode the following season. Do you think Brady would be p*ssed???? Would you????
In New England, Belichick runs the franchise not the general manager. In San Diego, the general manager has too big an ego to swallow his pride.

Last edited:
In New England, Belichick runs the franchise not the general manager. In San Diego, the general manager has too big an ego to swallow his pride.

It's called a hypothetical scenario. Clearly, you lack the critical thinking skills necessary to understand this.

Perhaps I should have used the word "Pretend". Does that make it easier for you to understand, sunshine??

first of all, this year isn't the first time we've seen LT behave this way. second of all, I've seen brady put up with some pretty bad losses and stupid mistakes without throwing either his teammates or his coaching staff under the bus. I don't recall him giving reche caldwell the cold shoulder after two huge drops in the playoffs last year, for example. it's not a question of whether you get pissed, obviously most people would be, it's how you handle it.

I get your point that it's easier to maintain chemistry and play nice when you're winning, but that's not an excuse for acting like child when you lose.

It's called a hypothetical scenario. Clearly, you lack the critical thinking skills necessary to understand this.

Perhaps I should have used the word "Pretend". Does that make it easier for you to understand, sunshine??
I'm already pretending you're not here!

I think one of the issues is that there is a bit of a power struggle on the offense. LT, whether true or not, thinks he is the leader of the offense and has really made an effort to be the leader he thinks he is supposed to be. At the same time, Rivers feels he has to be the leader of the offense, if not the team. Rivers has always been a leader, which can be seen in high school and college. And it can't be dismissed that his dad was a football coach, who groomed his son to be the star.

I guess you can add to that power struggle that LT is winning the games and PR is trying to give them away. And you go a bit further, as mentioned, and you see the lack of control by the head coach. Marty would of had these issues dealt with months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down