PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: LT went after Rivers today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Someone told me about this today(didn't get to watch the game).

What did LT do on the sidelines that got himself pissed?

Really? I remember seeing LT and Rivers mad and could barely sit next to each other, but didn't think much of it.

OT: How'd you like that heart attack Dallas served up to ya today, DTF?

Really? I remember seeing LT and Rivers mad and could barely sit next to each other, but didn't think much of it.

i saw a clip of that when rivers went to sit down next to him LT got up and walked away.

Yeah-to be honest, I did NOT see that balanced run/pass game plan by Martz(of course, as we all know, Martz SLEEPS with the pass).

But NO excuses, our D concerns me very, very much. It's funny how the media(and even most Cowboy fans) have chastised the Pats' D the last 2 weeks, the fact that the DETROIT LIONS(of all teams) has me very worried.

Rivers stole his dummy so LT retaliated and ran off with Phillips rattle.

Of course the media is sating LT is a classy guy for walking away from the mess he created

I think Phil Rivers is a boob, and I was LT, I would say why did not we keep Drew Brees.... He and Norv will be San Diego's weakness in the playoffs..

He got a personal foul today too. For some reason it seemed like everyone was angry at that game/

LT got up off the bench when Rivers came to sit down. This is LT's way of non-verbally telling Rivers to remove his head from his arse (he had thrown 2 picks) and was not playing well. It seemed to work - Rivers had a great 4th quarter coming back to tie the game and winning in OT.

I hear a lot of Pats fans calling LT a cry baby and I think it's unjustified. He's an emotional player and he get's pi**ed when things aren't going well. I've seen Tom Brady to the same thing and there's nothing wrong with it. Would you rather have your leader get fired up, or just sit there stone faced and not say anything?

LT got up off the bench when Rivers came to sit down. This is LT's way of non-verbally telling Rivers to remove his head from his arse (he had thrown 2 picks) and was not playing well. It seemed to work - Rivers had a great 4th quarter coming back to tie the game and winning in OT.

I hear a lot of Pats fans calling LT a cry baby and I think it's unjustified. He's an emotional player and he get's pi**ed when things aren't going well. I've seen Tom Brady to the same thing and there's nothing wrong with it. Would you rather have your leader get fired up, or just sit there stone faced and not say anything?

LT's has a problem with being humble, classy people don't call themselves classy, it's just apparent to everyone.

I don't think Rivers magically played better because Tomlinson was passive-aggressively pissed at him.

Brady has never taken his issues out on his teammates, and he's never called out the opposing coach after losing. Brady has never said stupid stuff like (paraprasing) "we beat that team 9 out of 10 times." Brady shows emotion on the field and barks at refs, but doesn't stopp the LDT's level.

Last edited:

Having seen Norv coach in Washington for years, players having conflicts on the sidelines like this was a pretty common theme.

It's no surprise to see this with SD now.

My husband said at their press conferences post-game they said it was nothing. THey were joking about the whole thing. Love abounded.

I think that winning had something to do with that story.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

It's one thing to fire off during or just after a game. LT was calling BB classless for several days after the game, and even after BB was nice to him and they talked at the Pro Bowl, LT was gleeful about BB being fined by the NFL for many days.

I've seen Tom Brady to the same thing and there's nothing wrong with it. Would you rather have your leader get fired up, or just sit there stone faced and not say anything?

Why drag Norv into this?:D

I don't think Rivers magically played better because Tomlinson was passive-aggressively pissed at him.

Brady has never taken his issues out on his teammates, and he's never called out the opposing coach after losing. Brady has never said stupid stuff like (paraprasing) "we beat that team 9 out of 10 times." Brady shows emotion on the field and barks at refs, but doesn't stopp the LDT's level.

Pssst, yes he has. lol

He's yelled at his linemen on the field during the Miami game. He's done it before. It's just that LdT does it like he's 6 years old.:D

Baloney! That was not a catch by Chris Chambers late in the game across the middle of the field. The Titans were screwed by the referees!

From what I saw it was just more of LdT being a whiny *****. As soon as Rivers sat next to him, he got up with a disgusted look on his face and walked away. Great teammate. Just more evidence of LdT being a classless player, despite his own assertions.

It's funny that LdT was featured on 60 Minutes tonight. I didn't watch it, but I think it was a story on his off-field contributions.

The difference is Brady doesn't tear down his teammates with the world watching. Even last year with the immortal Caldwell and Gabriel Brady always praised the passing game. What LT did was terrible, worst thing I have seen this year since the Jet fans cheered when Pennington got hurt. LT showed his true colors, selfish and pouty. Wahhh Wahhh Wahhh :-(

Come on now. Have any of you ever played sports before? If so, have you every yelled at your team mates if they clearly aren't playing well (making mistakes) and need to step things up? I don't think any of you can say what Brady is saying in the line up or what happens in the locker room at half time if things aren't going well. Seriously, let's be fair.

And yes, LT has made some mistakes - calling BB classless, etc. I certainly do not condone that under any circumstances. However, it was during the heat of the moment and he later apologized.

Calling himself classy - clearly a foot in the mouth, social blunder. And I'm sure NOBODY, not even Pats players or fans have ever done that before. Again, let's be fair.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back