PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Lord Favre Soap Opera continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-ShirtDynasty

Reaction score
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/03/31/bc.fbn.packers.favre.ap/index.html

"If I don't tell them by Saturday, what will they do, cut me?" Favre told the Sun Herald on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
....said he has been talking to the team for the past month and there are things that both parties have to sort out. "If they don't come together, I guess I won't play," Favre said. "I don't know if my decision will be made by Saturday."
Naw, there's no arrogance there. When the hell is the GB front office gonna grow a pair? This new head coach needs to send the team a message, step up and say, "Yes, Brett, we need a decision by X or we're moving on without you." Can you see Belichick allowing himself to be jerked around like this?? :D Yeah.

By the way, award for the dumbest article lead-in link on the CNNSI.com NFL page... the story was teased with the link : "Favre wants to play, but wants to win more" Well, duh.

thou shall not dis lord Favre :nono: :violent: ;)

Last edited:
I'd like him to retire after Week 1 just to f*ck up thousands of fantasy football teams...

Packers fans deserve better. It's shameful the way he has been holding that organization hostage for about 3 years now.

He's quickly turning into a turd. I saw the comments on TV when he said it. He had a smug little smirk on his face.

I guess he's not the down to earth individual we thought he was when Ben Stiller made the infamous statement: "what about Brett Fav-ra?"

Surprise! Surprise!

www.kffl.com/hotw/

Packers | Deadline for Favre to make decision pushed back
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 14:40:21 -0800

ESPNews reports the Green Bay Packers have pushed back the deadline for QB Brett Favre to make a decision to return to an undisclosed date. The Packers originally set a Saturday, April 1, deadline for Favre to make a decision.

I, for one, hope Farve stays for one more year... it would make our game against them just a little easier.

re

He is killing that franchise right now.

His skills are declining, he is acting like a jackass, and he managed to cause his #1 receiver to want to leave.

maverick4 said:
He is killing that franchise right now.

His skills are declining, he is acting like a jackass, and he managed to cause his #1 receiver to want to leave.

Shhhh! Don't tell the Packer fans. It's a secret.

very seldom is the backup better than the starter...in Green Bay it is and he deserves to lead his team.

"Favre wants to play if Pack improve."

Someone should tell Favre that the quickest way for the Packers to improve is to dump their 30-INT/year washed up QB.

F.B.N. said:
very seldom is the backup better than the starter...in Green Bay it is and he deserves to lead his team.

Atlanta has that problem also.

Lets get one thing straight, Brett was good but never great, Period!

To you Bratt, you will make the HALL, I think, so leave, NOW, before you make more of us not really care, ok? :mad:

F.B.N. said:
Obviously you missed Craig Nall being signed by the Jills, because you couldn't possibly be talking about Aaron Rogers, could you?

"The deadline has been extended to April 15, and it could be pushed back yet again. The bonus deadline was originally extended by a week to March 20 and then to April 1."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2392258

They are completely immasculating themselves over Favre.

This is my favorite.......

"Last season, expectations were high and it was a bad situation," Favre told the Sun Herald in Gulfport, Miss., of the team's 4-12 season, his only losing one in Green Bay. "If we can't compete at a high level, I can walk away and my legacy will speak for itself."

I have been a big supporter of Favre, I thought he played the game hard and made good things happen. One of the few non-Patriots I actually liked watching play just as a player. That beng said he needs to understand how much HE is responsible for that record as he may be a ticket draw but he is a liability for the team on the field now...legacy? He's hurting it as now it is flat out yelling at him to retire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back