Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT: Lord Favre is frickin' unbelievable

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by T-ShirtDynasty, Mar 15, 2006.

1. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

The arrogance just baffles me, almost as much as why they put up with it. I just don't think I'd have the patience. I'd be on the phone telling Lord Favre to just shat or get off the pot and don't worry about the front office doing our job. Instead, they'll probably start checking with him on every FA move. ...."What about Keyshawn, Brett? Do you want we should talk to Keyshawn?"

Unreal.
  2. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

This is a bit crazy...say goodbye Brett...I think they should do as they please and hope he is gone..Let him retire and say bye-bye!!
  3. LloydBraun

LloydBraun Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Favre

I cannot stand the guy. For every big playoff game he has had, he has had more than one dud.

Once considered a tough guy for puking in a game and continuing to play, but he was strung out on pain pills.

He has great stats, a ring, but he has been overrated in my opinion. Maybe I have been spoiled by watching Brady, but I do not agree with the Favre hype.
  4. Hok

Hok Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

If I were the Packer front office, I'd tell Favre that if he works on throwing fewer INTs, I'd consider letting him back on the team.
  5. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +123 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

He does have an acting carrer waiting for him. Did you see how smooth he looked in 'There's Something About Mary"?
  6. OldEnglandPatriot

OldEnglandPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He should quit, period. He doesn't need the money nor the ignominy of throwing another 20 interceptions.

But I wouldn't go along with the view that he was over-rated. If you could bottle his on-field character...
  7. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

But can you leave his off-field character out of the mix? You know, the one that (surprisingly for me) revealed itself last year with his "my job is not to help others on my team" comments?
  8. Drewwho

Drewwho Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's at the point where I can't stand seeing his name in print of if I hear on ESPN or NFL.Network that a story is coming up on Farve, I will run to the remote to change the channel.

Farve is as over as Poprocks and Pacman...!
  9. dhamz

dhamz Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

This is why it pays to have cold calculating front office people. The Packers need to rebuild and have set themselves up capwise to be able to do it over the next couple of seasons. If they have the proper front office types, they tell Brett to mind his own business and go about rebuilding the franchise properly. If they have sentimental types running the show they blow all their cap space on overpriced guys to pacify Favre so he'll come back for 1 more 7-9 season.
  10. primetime

primetime Rookie

Ratings:
    +128 / 20 / -8

#18 Jersey

11. MrTibbs

MrTibbs Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Favre is over the hill and the year before yesterdays news. The Packers front office deserves what they get. The draft a QB in round 1 and keep begging Favre to come back. Let teh past go and move on into the future. Thanks for the memories Brett but ya gotta go.
  12. Dagg

Dagg Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

No amount of FA sigining can help the mess that is the Packers. I think they need an entire Defense.
  13. Welker83

Welker83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Next he'll demand a gold throne in front of his locker..Wait! i think he already has one!
  14. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Lord Favre? Only one locker? You're nuts, he's got one more than Ray Lewis has in Baltimore... for a total of four lockers.

(Nah, I'm just making that up, although Ray Lewis does demand three lockers)