PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT; Longest worst career??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sg14

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Thought I'd bring up this subject in the off season,,

Watching a NFL game a while back, and noticed a player that had been in the league for quite a while, 14 years, and thought that guy has never been on a winning team, but yet keeps playing and playing,,

The player=Takeo Spikes
Does he hold the record for longest, worst career??
Record for most accrued losses?

Any other potential "winners"?

Thought I'd bring up this subject in the off season,,

Watching a NFL game a while back, and noticed a player that had been in the league for quite a while, 14 years, and thought that guy has never been on a winning team, but yet keeps playing and playing,,

The player=Takeo Spikes
Does he hold the record for longest, worst career??
Record for most accrued losses?

Any other potential "winners"?
Jeff George. Dude played for 12 years. Granted he wasn't a starter for all those years, but still.

If by 'longest worst career' you are talking about a player that had the most losing seasons, I would guess it would be somebody from before free agency and the salary cap; bad teams stayed bad for a much longer time back then. I have no idea who played for them back then, but the Steelers only made it to the playoffs once in their first 39 years of existence; I'm sure they had some players from back then that were never on a winning team once. Cardinals were even worse same goes for them, as well as the first twenty or thirty years of teams like Tampa Bay, New Orleans and Atlanta. I'm sure there are some players from those teams that had fairly long careers that never had a winning season.

As for Spikes, he was on the Bills in '04 when they went 9-7, so technically he's excluded, though just barely. But he certainly has been on a lot of bad teams, and a lot of under achieving teams. He goes to Philadelphia for one season and it's one of only two years in the last eleven that they don't have a winning record. Spikes was on two 8-8 teams but other than that every other season in his NFL career has ended up with more losses than wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes