PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: LOL @ Squeelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: LOL @ Squeelers

And Rivers had a torn ACL; which is worse? I'm not saying that we would have beaten you that day with our injuries; but what I'm saying is if Rivers, Gates, and Tomlinson were healthy, we would have beaten you.

That has the be one of the dumbest arguments I've ever seen. You have the logic of a five year old. You guys could have beat us, or we could have beat you even worse. It doesn't only work one way (your way).

That has the be one of the dumbest arguments I've ever seen. You have the logic of a five year old. You guys could have beat us, or we could have beat you even worse. It doesn't only work one way (your way).

Whatever, I understand that you guys don't want to hear anything negative said about your team, which is why you're getting so defensive. The whole point is that you stand a better shot beating the Colts in the playoffs than you do us and you know it, but you don't want to acknowledge my point because it'll make it seem as if you're scared to play the Chargers. I'm not saying that you guys can't beat the Chargers, anymore than I'm saying that the Chargers can't beat the Steelers; certain teams just match up better against other teams, so why take the more difficult road to the super bowl if you can play a team you match up better against. The Chargers look like the strongest team in the league right now and the Colts are a paper tiger, and the Patriots don't look as strong as they did in 07; all of these are valid points but you want to keep arguing against them just to prove a point.

Last edited:

Whatever, I understand that you guys don't want to hear anything negative said about your team, which is why you're getting so defensive. The whole point is that you stand a better shot beating the Colts in the playoffs than you do us and you know it, but you don't want to acknowledge my point because it'll make it seem as if you're scared to play the Chargers. I'm not saying that you guys can't beat the Chargers, anymore than I'm saying that the Chargers can't beat the Steelers; certain teams just match up better against other teams, so why take the more difficult road to the super bowl if you can play a team you match up better against. The Chargers look like the strongest team in the league right now and the Colts are a paper tiger, and the Patriots don't look as strong as they did in 07; all of these are valid points but you want to keep arguing against them just to prove a point.

Enjoy the pep rally before the game again :singing:

That is so high school.

Like I said, the Patriots played slow ball. They had the game in hand and just pounded the ball. Seriously, go back and look at the play by play. Maroney ran the ball 15 times for 100 yards in the second half.

The Patriots were sitting on their lead. They were simply not opening up the game plan. It was that kind o game.

Brady threw 3 interceptions in that game which is why you guys were forced to run the ball; don't make it seem as if it was your plan from the beginning. You only lucked out with that last drive which ate up 8 minutes off the clock and ended in a touchdown; other than that your offense looked like crap the entire night and you know it. Both teams offenses looked like crap but at least ours had a valid excuse; our QB had a torn ACL, and Antonio Gates and Tomlinson were both injured.

Last edited:

Brady threw 3 interceptions in that game which is why you guys were forced to run the ball; don't make it seem as if it was your plan from the beginning. You only lucked out with that last drive which ate up 8 minutes off the clock and ended in a touchdown; other than that your offense looked like crap the entire night and you know it. Both teams offenses looked like crap but at least ours had a valid excuse; our QB had a torn ACL, and Antonio Gates and Tomlinson were both injured.
Since when is an 8 minute clock killing drive "lucking out"?

12 points, they looked like crap.

What a genius you are.

Enjoy the chargers in San Diego while you can. If they need tax payers money for a new stadium they can go elsewhere.Ya, I live in SanDiego, most of the fans only care when they win.

True; you guys own us in the playoffs. However, we would have won the 2006 game if it were not for all the dumb mistakes some of our players made which cost us the game. You know yourself that your team had no business winning that game; we mopped the floor with you for 3 quarters and ended up choking it away at the end. However, this was due to our inexperience in the playoffs; our guys couldn't handle the pressure.

Then, a year later we met you guys in the AFC championship game and almost beat you, and I believe we would have beaten you had Philip Rivers not had a torn ACL, and Tomlinson and Gates were injured as well, and those two guys were 80% of our redzone offense in the regular season, which is why we didn't score a single touchdown in that game even though we got to the redzone 5 times.

The 2007 Patriots were a much stronger team than this years Patriots and we almost beat them in the AFC Championship game, so you can imagine what a much stronger Chargers team will do to a weaker Patriots team at home if we end up meeting this season. I think it'll look something like last seasons regular season game where we demolished your team. I understand you had Cassell then, but let's be honest, our offense can't be stopped, whereas your offense has been inconsistent.

Excuses are like a$sholes... everyone has one.

Funny thing is that the Chargers don't put a scare into me either. Rivers is setting the world on fire but your running game leaves a little to be desired. On top of that, I'm pretty confident of the Pats' ability to score on San Diego's defense, especially with Brady now being and looking healthy and our offensive line once again playing with the entire starting unit.

Love the last line. Good to see Charger fans are still ****y even after never having won a Super Bowl ring. Regular season lions still, to the end.

You seem to forget that Michael Turner from the end of 2007 up until today, was and is a better runner than Tomlinson. Having L.T. hurt actually helped the Chargers' running game at that point. Oh, and by the way: don't act as if the Pats don't present a threat to your "mighty" Chargers (who, you seem to forget, are still coached by Norv Turner). If you actually believed that, you would not be over here trying to make a point.

Why are we LOLing at the Steelers when we are talking about playing the back-ups, and losing this game o other threads. Seriously, we're the one's squealing here about having to face them.

When was the last time the Patriots lost to the Chargers in the Playoffs? :D

I recall a 2006 (I believe) playoff game that the Patriots were supposed to be outmatched and had no right to win (they were definitely outplayed a lot of the game), yet found a way to win. :singing:

If I was the chargers, I'd be worried.

Quibble all you want.................. Neither SD or NE should want to play each other in the playoffs.

For SD - We own you in the playoffs (bad bounces or no). The last team you want to see in SD should be US.

For us - Personally, I think SD is the strongest team in the AFC right now and playing the best ball. I don't wanna face them in the post-season if we can avoid it. I'd rather take my chances against the Colts (which means the Colts and the Zebras of course :rolleyes: ).

Chances are, if either of us want to make the big show, we're gonna have to though.

Last edited:

Why are we LOLing at the Steelers when we are talking about playing the back-ups, and losing this game o other threads. Seriously, we're the one's squealing here about having to face them.

We're supposed to be nervous about the Steelers when they have barely any chance of making the playoffs?

This Bolts fan talks like his team has actually done something. They've been beating up the rest of the AFC west for the past few years, whats new about this years team? I see an Aging LT, a shell of his former roided self in Merriman. Gates and Jackson are tough but im not sold on thier defense especially without Jamal Williams in the middle. And Norv Turner is still the head coach right?

And Rivers had a torn ACL; which is worse? I'm not saying that we would have beaten you that day with our injuries; but what I'm saying is if Rivers, Gates, and Tomlinson were healthy, we would have beaten you.
Congrats, you win the woulda-coulda-shoulda Lombardi. It's for teams that lose.

We're supposed to be nervous about the Steelers when they have barely any chance of making the playoffs?

Maybe because they are one of the potential wild-card opponents that have a shot at winning more than one game in the playoffs.

Maybe because they are one of the potential wild-card opponents that have a shot at winning more than one game in the playoffs.

True, but their chances of making it are less than 5%.

I'm not concerned.

True, but their chances of making it are less than 5%.

I'm not concerned.

I agree that they will likely not make it. I say the Ravens win easily, and either we or the Bengals are going to essentially roll over next week. As much as we might hate seeing the Steelers in the playoffs, the Bengals would hate it more.

I agree that they will likely not make it. I say the Ravens win easily, and either we or the Bengals are going to essentially roll over next week. As much as we might hate seeing the Steelers in the playoffs, the Bengals would hate it more.

Very true, which is why I think it's highly unlikely now that the Steelers make it in. By my calculations, they need to beat Miami (I think they will), they need Cincy to beat the Jets (I doubt it), and they need your Pats to beat Houston (do you REALLY think your starters will play??). I mean, I'd call that a little better than the above-mentioned 5% chance, but I'll agree it isn't very good odds to put your money on. Had the freakin' Colts not rolled over this week, I'd have felt a lot more confident. That decision by the Indy coaching staff really put the skids on the Steelers playoff chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back