PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Letting Matt Schaub go could cost Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I think the status of Vick as Atlanta's starting QB is looking grimmer by the day - First it was the bottle and contents at the airport and now this pit bull fighting situation at his home in Virginia.

What if Goodell gets tired of Vick's lies and shananigans off the field and suspends him for 'character issues' or worse yet what if the F.B.I. finds Vick is at fault with the home in virginia and takes legal or criminal matters against Vick?

Atlanta might be wishing Schaub never left....If Vick for some reason is yanked those Falcons will get their wings clipped in a hurry,Schaub would have been more than adequate to come in and do the job,except for those rushing yards of course.

Vick seems to be the bad boy of the NFL at the present time or in process of claiming that honor.

A long season possibly awaits those in Georgia pending the investigation of Vicks other home in Va,glad not to be a falcon fan these days.

Last edited:
I know you're just trying to stir the pot... and you've won... I'll bite.

See prior posts about Meriweather. You can't go defending Meriweather & then trash Vick. They both have not been arrested for a single thing.

You, sir/maam, are blinded by the media. They report before they have all the facts.

What was Vick arrested or convicted of again ? Absolutely NOTHING. Yes, there's some pretty questionable judgement with providing gifts to relatives who aren't smart people. We're not talking about 2 DUIs or bringing Firearms illegally into a club or whatnot.

The Falcons have no reason to believe Vick will be suspended for any games this year, and neither do NFL fans who actually follow up on the misleading headlines. Injuries are always a possibility, so if you want to blame them for that, then fine.

Please note that Schaub would've been a FA in the offseason & left for nothing. The Falcons chose to get value while they could.

Everyone's just a little too paranoid that Goodell is just going to go around suspending folks left & right. Goodell & the folks have the NFL office have done their homework. They know they can't afford to hand out a suspension that won't stand up in an appeal. They're not just randomly throwing out suspensions to make headlines. There's a reason for this.

I think they could be in trouble not because of Vick's actions off the field but because of his actions on the field. He is just not a goog QB. I think the Schaub hype was a little over the top but he probably is better than Vick.

Atlanta received an awful lot in compensation for a guy who barely even played. There is no way they regret that deal. Houston, though, gave up two #2s for an unknown commodity at QB only to have Brady Quinn fall into their laps a few weeks later. Whoops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes