PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: LeBron James pledges $87M for hometown kids to attend college

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he's arrogant who isn't in the Nba. Jordan was, Kobe, Shaquille, Steph, didn't green just say that GS really is the best even though they just lost. He is getting 2300 poor kids a chance to go to school how is this anything but goodness that should be celebrated.

Also, saying heis not a top 25 player is just wrong. Kinda like saying Manning sucked at QB.
Your next to last sentence is undoubtedly correct, IMO. Your final one is extremely revealing.

So he's arrogant who isn't in the Nba. Jordan was, Kobe, Shaquille, Steph, didn't green just say that GS really is the best even though they just lost. He is getting 2300 poor kids a chance to go to school how is this anything but goodness that should be celebrated.

Also, saying heis not a top 25 player is just wrong. Kinda like saying Manning sucked at QB.

Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, Steph never held a one hour television show to discuss their future on where they were going in Free Agency..

And, you keep throwing own this 2300 and the money, yet, someone else posted that, according to the article (which is a year old) the scholarship didn't have the funds..

Why is it that you insist on celebrating something that hasn't happened?

As for the top 25 all-time, sorry, your analogy is ridiculous. LeBron isn't top 25 all time. Anyone who has watched basketball outside this decade knows this to be true.

Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, Steph never held a one hour television show to discuss their future on where they were going in Free Agency..

And, you keep throwing own this 2300 and the money, yet, someone else posted that, according to the article (which is a year old) the scholarship didn't have the funds..

Why is it that you insist on celebrating something that hasn't happened?

As for the top 25 all-time, sorry, your analogy is ridiculous. LeBron isn't top 25 all time. Anyone who has watched basketball outside this decade knows this to be true.

• I checked the University of Akrons website and they acknowledge the program and have named their school of education "The Lebron James Foundation School of Education" so I feel comfortable that the program is real and not a PR stunt which is your concern. Does this work for you?
  • What else has he done besides "The Decision"? Give me something because if this is it he did his penance when he went back to Cleveland and won the title.
  • Name the 25 who are better.

Maybe because the guy is arrogant as hell and sure as hell didn't deserve 3 Finals MVPs. He's not even in the top 25 best Basketball players of all time.

He's the only one, to my knowledge, that has held a 1 hour television show all about him discussing where he was going to go during free agency..

Again, until the money is in the bank, this whole "donating millions" is nothing but a PR stunt. Sorry that you are offended that I am doing more than taking the arrogant POGs word for it..

Why does it bother you so much that he agreed to do a TV show, the proceeds of which went to charity? Sure it was narcissistic, but hello, he was a 24-year old kid who had been hearing since the age of 15 that he is the heir apparent to Michael Jordan. Overall, he has handled that burden, which would have crushed a lesser man, brilliantly.

You say Jordan wouldn't have agreed to a TV Special. That may or may not be true, since he never had the opportunity, but do you really think Michael Jordan isn't a narcissist (not to mention a degenerate gambler and serial adulterer)? Did you watch his Hall of Fame speech? He is a textbook narcissist.

Since you say Lebron didn't deserve the Finals MVPs, why don't you name the "real" Finals MVP for those three years and put their Finals stat line next to Lebron's, so we can see how moronic your statement really is?

Would also love to see your list of the 25 greatest players. I need a good laugh.

Last edited:
If the comments about James' "decision" show raising 6m dollars for charity are true, that paints a different picture for me.

In the meantime, I can appreciate your skepticism.
IIRC, the proceeds went to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America.

• I checked the University of Akrons website and they acknowledge the program and have named their school of education "The Lebron James Foundation School of Education" so I feel comfortable that the program is real and not a PR stunt which is your concern. Does this work for you?
  • What else has he done besides "The Decision"? Give me something because if this is it he did his penance when he went back to Cleveland and won the title.
  • Name the 25 who are better.

Just because the University of Akron "acknowledges the program" doesn't mean diddly.. If they don't have the money, they don't have the money. Clearly you didn't read the article. If you had, you wouldn't be making the comments you are..

Besides the decision? Gee. every comment he makes, practically, is about him.. Claiming he "did his penance" by going back to Cleveland is ridiculous..

In no particular Order:
  1. Bird
  2. Jordan
  3. Magic
  4. Pippen
  5. Kobe
  6. Shaq
  7. Havlicek
  8. Abdul Jabbar
  9. Curry
  10. Chamberlin
  11. Russell
  12. Duncan
  13. Olajuwan
  14. Barkley
  15. Irving
  16. Maravich
  17. Cousy
  18. Thomas
  19. Karl Malone
  20. Iverson
  21. Robinson
  22. West
  23. Baylor
  24. Moses Malone
  25. Worthy
Like I said.. Anyone who has watched basketball outside of the last decade knows this to be true.

It's funny that you're upset over the fact that I am taking a "Let him prove me wrong" attitude. Shows just how much of a LeBron fawner you really are..

If by "Anyone who has watched basketball outside this decade" you mean "Only a complete moron who has the basketball knowledge of an avocado", then I agree with you.

In no particular Order:
  1. Bird
  2. Jordan
  3. Magic
  4. Pippen
  5. Kobe
  6. Shaq
  7. Havlicek
  8. Abdul Jabbar
  9. Curry
  10. Chamberlin
  11. Russell
  12. Duncan
  13. Olajuwan
  14. Barkley
  15. Irving
  16. Maravich
  17. Cousy
  18. Thomas
  19. Karl Malone
  20. Iverson
  21. Robinson
  22. West
  23. Baylor
  24. Moses Malone
  25. Worthy
Like I said.. Anyone who has watched basketball outside of the last decade knows this to be true.

LOL. I thought you might be serious until I saw Curry in there.

Last edited:
Just because the University of Akron "acknowledges the program" doesn't mean diddly.. If they don't have the money, they don't have the money. Clearly you didn't read the article. If you had, you wouldn't be making the comments you are..

Besides the decision? Gee. every comment he makes, practically, is about him.. Claiming he "did his penance" by going back to Cleveland is ridiculous..

In no particular Order:
  1. Bird
  2. Jordan
  3. Magic
  4. Pippen
  5. Kobe
  6. Shaq
  7. Havlicek
  8. Abdul Jabbar
  9. Curry
  10. Chamberlin
  11. Russell
  12. Duncan
  13. Olajuwan
  14. Barkley
  15. Irving
  16. Maravich
  17. Cousy
  18. Thomas
  19. Karl Malone
  20. Iverson
  21. Robinson
  22. West
  23. Baylor
  24. Moses Malone
  25. Worthy

It's funny that you're upset over the fact that I am taking a "Let him prove me wrong" attitude. Shows just how much of a LeBron fawner you really are..

So many things to ridicule on this absurd list, but my favorites are probably Iverson and Maravich.
Though I can certainly see why you rated them both ahead of LeBron -- they both had more points per game, rebounds and assists than LeBron. And a much better FG percentage.

But beyond the numbers, Pistol Pete and AI were all about winning -- and their numerous championship rings leave an enduring legacy that LeBron can only dream about.

I'm not sure I am interested in discussing with a member called 'jack handy' ... :eek:
No pun intended with the term: member.

Urban Dictionary: handy

God forbid people try and protect what they have earned. :rolleyes:

If you want wealth distribution tell your congressman to close all the tax loopholes, abolish the IRS, push for a flat tax and add tax incentives for American -specific investment in small business and financial products by the rich.

Our current tax code is quite progressive. Top 50% of the wage earners pay 99% of the tax. The bottom 50% pay 1%.

I'm not sure how many realize that.

Do agree with closing the loopholes.

I dont understand why this guy gets so much hate:

1. He has never been arrested, charged with a crime, crashed a car, been accused of jaywalking
  2. He married the only women who he has kids with, there has never been even a hint that he cheated on his wife, no strippers, rape accusations.
  3. He has never hit a women, a dog, a cat, kid
  4. No roids, dope, drinking
  5. won 3 rings with 2 different team; 3 finals MVP
  6. 4 MVPs
  7. donating millions of $ so kids can get degrees;
  8. he left Cleveland without telling them after 7 years to go play on a better team (the horror). I did mention that it was Cleveland. Now he has gone back and they won their first championship.

I was just about to say the same exact thing, well said. Think about it, this kid went straight from High School to being a millionaire and has not once stepped on his d%6k, that alone deserves praise. Money so kids can get college degrees is great, I remember there was this one guy along time ago that said something like, give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.

I'm not sure I am interested in discussing with a member called 'jack handy' ... :eek:
No pun intended with the term: member.

Urban Dictionary: handy
i think his username refers to the SNL writer Jack Handey, of Deep Thoughts fame:

Jack Handey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

deep-thoughts-by-jack-handey.jpg

51fb501bf30c70504b81e4f07896ce26.jpg

In no particular Order:
  1. Bird
  2. Jordan
  3. Magic
  4. Pippen
  5. Kobe
  6. Shaq
  7. Havlicek
  8. Abdul Jabbar
  9. Curry
  10. Chamberlin
  11. Russell
  12. Duncan
  13. Olajuwan
  14. Barkley
  15. Irving
  16. Maravich
  17. Cousy
  18. Thomas
  19. Karl Malone
  20. Iverson
  21. Robinson
  22. West
  23. Baylor
  24. Moses Malone
  25. Worthy

i loved the Jordan/Pippen Bulls. Pippen was great at playing point forward alongside Jordan, but no way is he top #25 of all time. definitely not better than LeBron.

the only reason Iverson scored so much was that he was a ball hog--his 0.425 shooting percentage was terrible.

Barkley was a great rebounder for his size and a good scorer, but no rings.

Robinson was a great center early in his career, but his rings with San Antonio were mostly Duncan. for his 2nd ring, he was basically just along for the ride (was only the 5th leading scorer on his team, only played 26 minutes per game).

Karl Malone was a consistently great player for such a long time...but no rings.

Code:
Rk             Player From   To    G   GS   MP  FG  FGA  FG%  3P 3PA  3P%  2P  2PA  2P% eFG%  FT FTA  FT% ORB DRB  TRB AST STL BLK TOV  PF  PTS
1        LeBron James 2004 2016  987  986 39.0 9.8 19.7 .498 1.4 4.0 .340 8.5 15.7 .538 .532 6.2 8.3 .744 1.2 6.0  7.2 6.9 1.7 0.8 3.4 1.9 27.2
2      Allen Iverson* 1997 2010  914  901 41.1 9.3 21.8 .425 1.2 3.7 .313 8.1 18.1 .448 .452 7.0 8.9 .780 0.8 2.9  3.7 6.2 2.2 0.2 3.6 1.9 26.7
3        Karl Malone* 1986 2004 1476 1471 37.2 9.2 17.8 .516 0.1 0.2 .274 9.1 17.5 .519 .518 6.6 8.9 .742 2.4 7.7 10.1 3.6 1.4 0.8 3.1 3.1 25.0
4    Charles Barkley* 1985 2000 1073 1012 36.7 7.9 14.5 .541 0.5 1.9 .266 7.4 12.7 .581 .558 5.9 8.1 .735 4.0 7.7 11.7 3.9 1.5 0.8 3.1 3.1 22.1
5     David Robinson* 1990 2003  987  985 34.7 7.5 14.4 .518 0.0 0.1 .250 7.4 14.3 .520 .519 6.1 8.3 .736 3.1 7.5 10.6 2.5 1.4 3.0 2.4 2.9 21.1
6     Scottie Pippen* 1988 2004 1178 1053 34.9 6.3 13.3 .473 0.8 2.5 .326 5.5 10.8 .507 .504 2.7 3.8 .704 1.8 4.6  6.4 5.2 2.0 0.8 2.8 2.8 16.1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey