PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Lawrence Taylor arrested in rape allegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another HOF'er bringing shame on the NFL.

I really thought Tippett was as good a player. Tip did not have the NY media or the supporting cast that Taylor did.

If this is for real and I have many reasons to not believe it(a pimp, prostitute and and uncle she talks to about these things just doesn't do it for me) its a very sad day for the NFL. One of the greatest to play the game going down this path is just so sad and shocking.

"Going down this path?" He's been a POS his entire life.

Another HOF'er bringing shame on the NFL.

I really thought Tippett was as good a player. Tip did not have the NY media or the supporting cast that Taylor did.

He is a complete tool... but he was/is the greatest defensive player of all time. I love Tip as much as the next guy, but Taylor was on a different level.

"Going down this path?" He's been a POS his entire life.

we got bingo.

Did he revolutionize his position? Yup.
Is he as despicable a human being as you can find? Yup.

I hope this story is not true, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were.

Really guys and gals, there isn't a pun line here. No jokes.

A 15-16 year old girl?

How many times has LT been in trouble? Crack anyone? This really makes me sad (as a NFL fan and a LT fan), as Tune I think said, this is a very sad day for the NFL.

Maybe he thought she was "dogging it" out there? :rolleyes:

Interesting chain of events when you read the actual article as opposed to the garbage summation.

The world really has gone to ****.

Last edited:
He is a complete tool... but he was/is the greatest defensive player of all time.

Bah. That's all TV hype. Taylor couldn't carry **** Butkus' jockstrap, on or off the field. Butkus played for perennial losers and still dominated. Taylor had TONS of help.

Seems like every week there is another story about an NFL player breaking the law.

Meh. Typical media sensationalism omitting the word "statutory" before rape in all the headlines. Having sex with a 16 yr old hooker is perhaps not the highest expression of morality, but it is far different from a violent rape, and arguably much less deserving of punishment than what Roethlisberger alledgedly did.

Meh. Typical media sensationalism omitting the word "statutory" before rape in all the headlines. Having sex with a 16 yr old hooker is perhaps not the highest expression of morality, but it is far different from a violent rape, and arguably much less deserving of punishment than what Roethlisberger alledgedly did.

I haven't seen one report where it wasn't described as third-degree rape and maximum four-year sentence, which equates to statutory. The media has not sensationalized this at all, except for the fact that a celebrity athlete was involved.

Sad. I love to listen to BB talk about him as one of the greatest players on D that he's ever had a chance to coach.

I hope LT can get his life together, but in this case he has to account not only for his own problems but for his alleged involvement with a minor.

I haven't seen one report where it wasn't described as third-degree rape and maximum four-year sentence, which equates to statutory. The media has not sensationalized this at all, except for the fact that a celebrity athlete was involved.

If you read my post, I say headlines. The headlines were generally "rape of a minor". I understand that if you read the article you can figure out that it is statutory.

If you read my post, I say headlines. The headlines were generally "rape of a minor". I understand that if you read the article you can figure out that it is statutory.

Actually, the police said that when the girl refused, Taylor assaulted her then threw her three Benjamins. That's not exactly just statutory, and the headlines are accurate.

Lawrence Taylor has been a druggie, drunk for his entire playing career. Everybody covered for him even the Tuna and BB because he was the best linebacker in the league. It was just a matter of time before his devils caught up with him. He makes Tiger Woods look like Mother Teresa.

Lawrence Taylor has been a druggie, drunk for his entire playing career. Everybody covered for him even the Tuna and BB because he was the best linebacker in the league. It was just a matter of time before his devils caught up with him. He makes Tiger Woods look like Mother Teresa.

My guess is that you did not read "Education of a Coach", BB hated the preferential treatment given to LT and that is why he runs such a tight ship, no one is bigger than the team..

LT is the victim here. If we fans would stop giving fame and money to thugs like LT, Big Ben, OJ, Pac Man and the ilk they would not get into so much trouble.

Shame on YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is it with these former professional athletes? I remember reading about this one not long ago and was somewhat surprised only because I remember him (at least by name) as a player.

I know in some cases, these players have personal problems after they retire. But, sometimes, you think to yourself: You can't be that bright.

Askew, 43, was charged with three felony counts of unlawful sexual activity with a minor.

Askew met the girl three months ago, according to the Miami-Dade Police Department. He told her he was recruiting players for the basketball team at Gulliver Preparatory School in Pinecrest, Fla., a Miami suburb where he was interviewing for the coaching job.

Police said Askew later met the girl at a hotel for sex.

Former Tiger basketball star Vincent Askew arrested in Miami The Commercial Appeal

What is it with these former professional athletes? I remember reading about this one not long ago and was somewhat surprised only because I remember him (at least by name) as a player.

I know in some cases, these players have personal problems after they retire. But, sometimes, you think to yourself: You can't be that bright.

Former Tiger basketball star Vincent Askew arrested in Miami The Commercial Appeal

It is not just professional athletes, they are just dumber than many ...

Last edited:
Bah. That's all TV hype. Taylor couldn't carry **** Butkus' jockstrap, on or off the field. Butkus played for perennial losers and still dominated. Taylor had TONS of help.

You mean like having Pepper Johnson, Harry Carson and Carl Banks as your fellow linebackers versus Doug Buffone and Rudy Kuechenberg who Butkus had for support? Most def.
:singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back