PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Last minute fantasy draft: How did I do?

Crazy Patriot Guy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Sorry for posting this here but I wanted to get some opinions. I've never done fantasy football. I know myself and I know I would get too into it. I hear too many horror stories of a player benched that would go off for 4 TDs and I know that kind of thing would eat me up.

Anyway, my cousin called me this morning saying his league's draft was tonight, really couldn't be re-scheduled but his son had to work. He asked if I would step in and just do the draft for him.

It's a ppr league, and this is who I ended up with:

QB: Tom Brady, RG3
RB: L. McCoy, Fred Jackson, D. Sproles, Ryan Mathews
WR: Colston, Brandon Marshall, S. Smith (Car), Torrey Smith, Malcolm Floyd, Vincent Jackson
TE: Hernandez, M. Lewis
K: M. Crosby
NE Defense

Did I do his son justice?

Depends, how many teams are in the league?
If it's a 10+ team league, you did a fantastic job. If it's an 8 team or fewer league, it's decent (would've liked to seen a stud WR, but you have a solid set. Marshall could be considered one but being on a new team is always iffy for elite fantasy guys).

Depends, how many teams are in the league?
If it's a 10+ team league, you did a fantastic job. If it's an 8 team or fewer league, it's decent (would've liked to seen a stud WR, but you have a solid set. Marshall could be considered one but being on a new team is always iffy for elite fantasy guys).

It's a 8 team league. I picked 8th, got McCoy and turned around with Brady. Wasn't a stud WR left when it came back around to me again.

Sorry for posting this here but I wanted to get some opinions. I've never done fantasy football. I know myself and I know I would get too into it. I hear too many horror stories of a player benched that would go off for 4 TDs and I know that kind of thing would eat me up.

Anyway, my cousin called me this morning saying his league's draft was tonight, really couldn't be re-scheduled but his son had to work. He asked if I would step in and just do the draft for him.

It's a ppr league, and this is who I ended up with:

QB: Tom Brady, RG3
RB: L. McCoy, Fred Jackson, D. Sproles, Ryan Mathews
WR: Colston, Brandon Marshall, S. Smith (Car), Torrey Smith, Malcolm Floyd, Vincent Jackson
TE: Hernandez, M. Lewis
K: M. Crosby
NE Defense

Did I do his son justice?

I think you were a little loyal by picking the Pats D. ;)

In all seriousness, you did well overall, though I really wouldn't like having Mercedes Lewis, too injury-prone.

not bad, how the **** did Brady fall to 8? Mind=blown

rate my 10 teamer:

YWVFa.png

Want to upgrade my wr staff a bit. Probably going to look to start Jon Baldwin over Desean.

Last edited:
Take the Pledge:NO FANTASY FOOTBALL THREADS.......EVAH!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

It's a 8 team league. I picked 8th, got McCoy and turned around with Brady. Wasn't a stud WR left when it came back around to me again.

I see, that's a tough spot to be in since you have the gap of 14 picks after you pick but great job getting Brady and McCoy at that spot. It's hard to evaluate 8 team leagues because everyone is going to have a pretty stacked team when it's only 8 teams to distribute the talent

Anyone here play CBSSports.com leagues? The $$ leagues. If anyone wants to play..the league me and my father are in is $100 per team. A few spots open..let me know and i can send an invite to the league we are in!

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back