Should we take a chance on LJ if he is available

• Yes, he can bring something we don't currently have

Votes: 46 33.1%
  • No, what we have is better than what LJ can bring

Votes: 93 66.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he'd sign a deal with no guaranteed money then why not?

If he works out, great. If he doesn't, cut him.

This is a WTF ... Pioli has his work cut out for him.
Maybe he wants to grab Bradford and trade Cassel.
Cassel might be worth a 5th by seasons end.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I always thought Pioli should have had Cassel play out his franchise tag number. If Cassel played like he did in 2008, Pioli would have to pay him a lot more than he would have. But at least since he is playing like he is right now, Pioli could either dump him or resign him next season for next to nothing.

Problem Child.....he acted up last year as well.
His Twitt account looks like he's an 18 YO HipHop gangsta wannabe..

Bah....just another spoiled loser who won't realize he has it good until all of his "friends" leave him when he's poor.

This is a WTF ... Pioli has his work cut out for him.
Maybe he wants to grab Bradford and trade Cassel.
Cassel might be worth a 5th by seasons end.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

How is it a WTF? It's the same penalty that Marshall got from Denver, except that Marshall was fortunate enough to be an idiot in training camp, when it was less expensive to do so. Johnson's going to lose more than half a million dollars for his stupidity.

Re: Larry Johnson rumored to be released

I think his lack of success recently has a lot more to do with his level of frustration of being in a losing environment more than a deterioration of his physical skills.
You got it backwards. The losing environment is due in a good measure to his lack of success running. Have you watched any KC games this year? The guy sucks. I'd rather bring Reggie Dupard out of retirement.

LJ is more than just the "problem child" that Dillon and Moss were. Everyone who talks about LJ says notes how we bring in players like this for rehabilitation and they adapt to the winning culture. Well, Johnson is not Rodney I'm afraid. His best days are far gone and his best days were also not a pure measure of his overall talent.

Final Answer: NEVER EVER will LJ fly with the elvis

The 2 years LJ made the pro bowl he was running behind a pro bowl line, what do the Patriots have? A pro bowl line. The question is, would u rather have Maroney,Faulk,n BJGL, or L.J a two time pro bowler on a low price.
If the Patriots were smart wich i think we can all agree that they are, then they would just be picking him up for the remainder of the season. Get as much as u can from the guy, and if they dont wanna bring him back next year then dont.
The pats were lookin to trade for Jackson 2 weeks ago and that didnt work, what better than to now have L.J on the open market once he gets cut, and its not gonna cost you anything.
All im saying is, the pats need a better player at the RB position and L.J would solidify that.

Well, we can end this thread. Larry Johnson isn't getting cut. The Chiefs suspended him for 2 weeks.

Chiefs suspend Larry Johnson | Red Zone

But, they are still saying that he wont be back in a KC uniform.

KC owes him approx 2 Mil = $200K x 10 games and Johnson needs about 80 yards to be KC's all time rushing leader breaking Priest Holmes record.

Neither will come to fruition.

Happy to bring you back, 24.

It is Larry Johnson and Reggie 'One Yard' Dupard that I don't want.

While we are on it, the few minutes of Larry Johnson that I have watched remind me of 1994 Marion "One Yard and a Cloud of Dust" Butts...

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LJ is a cancer. A bad guy.

Ok? Your sarcasm doesnt work here due to the competition.

Since it's assured that you are not understanding what Joker is saying, I'll highlight it for you. Okay. Both teams were winless. However, we DESTROYED both of them. We didn't just squeek by, we lit them up. And after both annihilations, the running back position is seriously the only thing that people can talk about?

No, he is not wanted or needed here. This isn't a malcontent like Corey or Randy who just hated playing for horrible organizations. He's just a shi++y person (arrested multiple times for beating women) who wouldn't fit in anywhere.

While we are on it, the few minutes of Larry Johnson that I have watched remind me of 1994 Marion "One Yard and a Cloud of Dust" Butts...

I share the opinion that LJ is likely not worth the asking price, but Butts was legitimately done and was incapable of running even with proper blocking after his knee injury. I suspect LJ is more likely on the decline rather than done.

There is nothing more frustrating than watching a 260 pound running back square to the line and then get lifted up and pushed back by a CB 80 pounds lighter in a one-on-one matchup. Butts' 2.9 YPC that season was more likely generous rather than an understatement of his worth.

Hey take it easy on Reggie, I worked with his wife for a few years and they are nice folk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back