PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Lance Briggs got some splainin' to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol

don't drink and drive kiddies

Hire a driver if you earn 20 mil a year.

what fun is it when u have a Lambo at night..possibly drunk but having a driver? NO FUN

thats why u speed in a lambo and swerve the light traffic :)

Keegs, I'm not so sure about that.

It is generally a crime to leave the scene of accident where there has been property damage.

I'm not sure, but I would imagine the penalties parallel, or exceed, those of DUI in order to deter just this type of conduct.

Actually, because of how BAD our justice system has become, the DA would have to definitively prove that it was Briggs behind the wheel when the Lambo crashed.

Otherwise, they have no case. Especially if he goes home, says he was there for hours and doesn't know where the car is....

While it could be total BS, its amazingly hard to prove. I only know this because it happened to my dentist. Teen-age girl crashed her car into his sign. She left the scene leaving the car there and went home. When the Police got to her house 3 hours later, the parents said she'd been there all night. When they asked if the car was there, they went out to the parking area to find the car was gone. Daughter was sound asleep in her bedroom. Police couldn't prove that she wasn't home or that she was the one driving the car.

Insurance paid, but the doc's rates are going up.

I think I just heard Goodell rolling up his sleeves and cracking his knuckles. :D

Actually, because of how BAD our justice system has become, the DA would have to definitively prove that it was Briggs behind the wheel when the Lambo crashed.

Not to take this OT thread further OT but...it's a sign of a bad justice system that the prosecutor has to prove that the defendant committed the crime? :confused:

Not to take this OT thread further OT but...it's a sign of a bad justice system that the prosecutor has to prove that the defendant committed the crime? :confused:

Patchick - Please re-read what I said because you clearly skipped a particular word that changes the context of my sentence. That word was DEFINITIVELY. In other words, the DA can't just use circumstantial evidence.

Patchick - Please re-read what I said because you clearly skipped a particular word that changes the context of my sentence. That word was DEFINITIVELY. In other words, the DA can't just use circumstantial evidence.

Right-o, "beyond a reasonable doubt," no?

Briggs has been charged with leaving the scene of the accident, after he told the police everything.

per ESPN

PS. What an idiot!

Well at least he didn't compound his error by trying to transparently lie his way out of it (the dog ate my homework...). Maybe that is the first lesson to be learned by NFL players in the aftermath of the Vick debaucle.

This is when I love to be a Pats fan.

Chicago folds and give Briggs the out on the franchise retag and a million for his trouble.

Snit for brains racks up a Lamborghini and leaves the scene meaning he'll probably burn that million without even spending it.

Chicago loses on the contract and is stuck with an obvious problem child of some sort.

The Pats will hold firm with Asante until they either get something for him or he and his agents give up and sign something and continue on the path of righteousness.

Father (BB) Flanagan knows there's no such thing as a bad player, they're just misguided and need a little "tough love".:D

Last edited:
Only if he damaged someone else's property. He doesn't have to make an insurance claim if he decides to pay to have his car fixed. As far as he's concerned, while he probably broke the law and is a moron for drinking and driving, he made the right move considering what he has to lose by getting a DUI.
He has been charged with leaving the scene of an accident.

Running away and not getting caught red-handed is a time honored way to avoid lots of different criminal charges. :)
I think that's what Teddy Kennedy thought too. ;)

As someone else has said, it worked pretty good for Ted Kennedy. ...
I wouldn't say that. Chappaquidick pretty much kept ol' Ted out of the White House. (The good Lord works in mysterious ways...)

Under no circumstances do I leave my Lambgorghini anywhere, anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back