PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Kurt Warner to announce whether or not he will return on Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Kurt Warner to retire

Shame. Loved watching him play :(

great QB.........

and a great person. One thing I actually found good ESPN brought up was Warner's turning point. Normally once a player sees the instant highs he saw when he made his out of nowhere appearance into the league and they lose it as he did, they fall off. But Warner came back to bring the freaking Cardinals to the super bowl. Very enjoyable player to watch.

Is this the beginning of the Matt Leinart Era?

Last edited:

After absorbing that shot against the Saints, there was very little doubt in my mind that he would retire. Best of luck to him in retirement.

How about we actually read what Schefter says. He only said that Warner making a decision quickly points to him retiring. Nowhere did he say "Warner will retire."

He will announce his decision on Friday.

Well now I look like an ass! :mad:

Fitzgerald will be the first to cry.

How about we actually read what Schefter says. He only said that Warner making a decision quickly points to him retiring. Nowhere did he say "Warner will retire."

He will announce his decision on Friday.
Reading haha what sense does that make?

YOu don't La Canfora already reported that Warner will retire

"Guess it is conceivable Warner changes mind before Friday, but everything I am hearing indicates plan is to retire."

I don't see the word "will" in there.

The Saints were gunning for QBs this post season

Manning better watch out. I heard McRay (sp?) has a chainsaw in his pants to remove a leg

great QB.........

Indeed. What a bizarre career though. Trent Green goes down so Warner, who was stocking shelves in a grocery store, takes over. Promptly puts together one of the greatest seasons a QB has ever had (look at his 1999 stats...ridiculous) and won the Super Bowl. Two more outstanding seasons followed, then he started getting hurt and fell into oblivion. For 5 years (2002-2006) he did squat and looked like a grocery store worker again. Then he gets a shot to be the full-time starter with the Cards, and in 2007 has a great year, followed by two more tremendous seasons in 2008 and 2009, including another trip to the Super Bowl (his 3rd). Played his best when it mattered most. Look at his career playoff stats:

13 g (9-4 record), 307-462 (66.5%), 3952 yds, 31 td, 14 int, 102.8 rating

Just for comparison's sake, here are the career playoff stats for Brady, Manning, Elway, and Montana:

Brady: 18 g (14-4), 395-637 (62.0%), 4108 yds, 28 td, 15 int, 85.5 rating
Manning: 17 g (9-8), 404-647 (62.4%), 4831 yds, 27 td, 18 int, 87.5 rating
Elway: 22 g (14-8), 355-651 (54.5%), 4964 yds, 27 td, 21 int, 79.7 rating
Montana: 23 g (16-7), 460-734 (62.7%), 5772 yds, 45 td, 21 int, 95.6 rating

So compared to these other all-time greats, Warner's playoff stat line is substantially better.

I'll miss him when he's gone (especially because I finished 1st and 2nd in my fantasy football league the past 2 years with him as my QB!!!). :)

Is this the beginning of the Matt Leinart Era?

Actually there are rumors that the Cardinals will go after Donovan McNabb, who lives in Arizona in the offseason. Apparently Andy Reid is the only guy who wants McNabb to stay in Philly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes