PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Kris Jenkins blasts former teammates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the Wilfork tribute makes me ache for that old smelling Patriots defense. C'mon 2010/2011 version... rekindle that ****.

Jenkins and Rex are a match made in heaven.

I've never witnessed a team so full of loudmouths and trash talkers in my time as a fan of the NFL. I really, REALLY can't wait to see them fail. It's going to be great television.

Call me when Wilfat can do this. ;)

jetex.gif

What's so great about that? An impressive show of strength, no doubt. But he was going up against a single blocker. Wilfork ALWAYS commands two blockers at the LOS.

You mean knock over an off balance offensive lineman, kudos for him for taking advantage of a guy off balance but it's not some great feat of skill and strength. Wilfork is much more complete and consistant a performer Jenkins is a good player but I'll take wilfork everyday and twice on sunday.

I've never seen a grown man in the NFL, much less a starting center, get tossed like a rag doll like that. It is definitely a great feat of skill and strength.

That being said, I was just ******* around earlier. I'd rather have Wilfork at this point because he is more consistent during the span of 16 games and he doesn't wear down as much. However, when Jenkins is at the top of his game, there is no one better in the league.

What's so great about that? An impressive show of strength, no doubt. But he was going up against a single blocker. Wilfork ALWAYS commands two blockers at the LOS.

I'm sure Wilfork has thrown a center that weighed 50lbs less than him to the ground like that. I mean Chris Meyers (the guy Jenkins threw to the ground) is not a great center and looks like he might lose his starting job this year.

I'm sure Wilfork has thrown a center that weighed 50lbs less than him to the ground like that. I mean Chris Meyers (the guy Jenkins threw to the ground) is not a great center and looks like he might lose his starting job this year.

And is off balance! If the centre was balanced, and ready, it would not have looked like that :)

============================================================

Nothing personal Pissah, but those links are weak.

You JETS fans cannot appreciate the Patriots culture versatility of a NT who can also demonstrably play RB and QB.

jetex.gif

Chris Myers is such a stud at center for the Texans:rolleyes:

Willfork forces the offence to dedicate 2 OL to double him and he rarely see's a one on one with the Center. What is even more funny is that Jenkins looks much more powerful because Myers had to slide to him and he did a good job reading it and used Myers momentum to throw him down, old trick but works well.

Talk to me in week 6 when he is on IR. How is the contest coming anyway between sexy rexy, Woody and Jenkins on who is going to have a heart attack first.
Jets fans gotta love them.

Just saw the interview segment. As if I didn't need any further proof, Jamie Dukes just further proved his stupidity by claiming that Jenkins was not only better than Wilfork, but was possibly the best NT in the league.

Short memory? I'd rather have Jenkins at his peak than Wilfork at his. And it's not even close. At present time, unless Jenkins can prove he can stay healthy, I'd take Wilfork. But only because of health--not ability or talent.

Lets not allow our homerism to detract from the truth. Chris Jenkins is a really effing good NT. Is Wilfork better? Maybe. Will Jenkins' recent injury derail his career? Maybe. But the guy is a beast and is one of the few superstars at the position. Up until his injury last year, he was the primary player on the Jets defense that offenses had to game plan around.

Isn't the helmet slap illegal?

Short memory? I'd rather have Jenkins at his peak than Wilfork at his. And it's not even close. At present time, unless Jenkins can prove he can stay healthy, I'd take Wilfork. But only because of health--not ability or talent.

I don't know if it isn't close, but I may agree with you. I thought Jenkins should have been a contender for MVP in 2008 until lack of conditioning made him wear out down the stretch. Jenkins spent most of his career as a 4-3 DT which means comparing the two is difficult. Even under Mangini in the 3-4, they allowed him to rush the passer far more than Wilfork is allowed to.

When exactly was his prime, 2003? He was considering retirement this season and had to be talked out of leaving. Kontra's mocking was directed to Jenkins in his present state, not some earlier time.

And as the Panthers really never used him as a nose tackle, in his prime he was a 4-3 defensive tackle, I am not sure to what version of Jenkins you would be referring in comparing him to Wilfork as a NT. The only basis for comparison would be his first year with the Jets in 2008, at which point you may recall the Pats simply running around Jenkins to wear him down in pursuit given his weight. Wilfork was better that year, despite a decent start by Jenkins, and was clearly better in subsequent years.

And as most of the Jenkins dissing I expect is Pats fans having fun with the resident Jets fans, I expect most would agree Jenkins is still a decent NT when healthy and was a great defensive lineman with the Panthers before he bulked up and lost some of his mobility.

jetex.gif

He can already do that. Any NT in the league can do that, but it's generally bad idea since that's illegal and he was lucky not to get whistled for it. OTOH, call me when Jenkins can make it past week 7.

Last edited:

I wasn't comparing the players at their peaks and neither was Dukes. He was saying that Jenkins is a better NT RIGHT NOW than Wilfork and was also saying that Jenkins is the best NT in the league RIGHT NOW. I simply can't agree with that and, apparently, neither can the biggest Jets homer on this forum.

He can already do that. Any NT in the league can do that, but it's generally bad idea since that's illegal and he was lucky not to get whistled for it. OTOH, call me when Jenkins can make it past week 7.

Q: What do you get when you cross Kris Jenkins and Ben Worthlessburger?

A: 16 games played in one season.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes