PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Keyshawn Johnson retires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course I watched the draft, much to my dismay.

Meshawn didn't tell me anything I didn't already know.

And that "interview" in which he participated, with Jarrett I think, was simply ego-stroking jock-speak.

But what the hey, to each his/her own.

I don't know if anyone else already posted this but if so forgive me. Keyshawk turned down a 2 year 8M contract offered by the Titans, and countered the offer with 2 years 12M. Nobody was about to give him that kind of money, and frankly I'm surprised the Titans offered that much (2 years 8M). Nobody wanting to give him that kind of money is the only reason he's now working for ESPN.

http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2007/0...-wr-patriots-showed-interest-in-keyshawn-too/
That said, other than Donte' Stallworth -- who gives Tom Brady a legit deep threat since losing Deion Branch -- Johnson might've been the best fit in New England. He's a fearless blocker and is not afraid to go over the middle -- two things you'll never see on Randy Moss' scouting report. And despite all the off-field yammering, Johnson's not a divisive locker room presence (well, excepting Tampa Bay, I guess).

If they had brought Johnson in it would have been overkill. Besides, he was asking for way too much.

If they had brought Johnson in it would have been overkill. Besides, he was asking for way too much.

Yea, when I tell people he wasn't going to be a member of the Patriots anways, it's not about his playing style or antics but the money he wanted. The guy wanted 12M for two seasons.

Yea, when I tell people he wasn't going to be a member of the Patriots anways, it's not about his playing style or antics but the money he wanted. The guy wanted 12M for two seasons.

Quite ridiculous that he even thought he could get that money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back