Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT: Kellen Clemens worst passer rating in the NFL

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PonyExpress, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PonyExpress

PonyExpress Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

Kellen Clemens has the worst passer rating in the NFL among all qualifiers, behind even the abysmal Alex Smith, Rex Grossman, Cleo Lemon, and Kyle Boller. The prince in waiting, the savior of the Jet Franchise, with a "franchise" LT in "Turnstyle" Ferguson, a "star" rb in T. Jones, upper echelon WRs in Coles and Cotchery, a solid TE in Chris Baker, a lightning quick 3rd down back in L. Washington, has still stunk up the joint. But there is a silver lining... he has provided just enough "Fool's Gold" to convince the Jet hierarchy to stick with him and not draft another Qb in the offseason.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=pass&sort=rat&league=nfl&season=2&year=2007
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  2. PatsSteve1

PatsSteve1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

If he's below those guys he must be doing it on purpose.
  3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +782 / 6 / -15

#87 Jersey

Kind of unfair to knock Clemens at this point. He hasn't had a summer camp revolved around him and he is the QB of a very bad team. I dislike the Jets about as much as anyone...but I think Clemens will get better ... not good enough ... but better.
  4. PonyExpress

PonyExpress Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

LOL:D .......
  5. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +711 / 5 / -3

I love to see the jets fail, but it ain't all Clemens' fault. Their o-line can't block anything.
  6. PonyExpress

PonyExpress Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

That's the excuse made for all mediocre QBs. Bledsoe needed more time... Brady didn't. Bledsoe needed more time.. Romo didn't. Carr needed more time... Schaub didn't. Clemens will improve- how could he not?. Eventually he'll complete over 50% of his passes for more than 5 YPA and throw TDs and INTs at an almost equal rate. Then the Jets will be really dangerous. The problem with that team had little to do with Pennington. It was the defense, the worst in the NFL, all Mangini's handiwork. Pennington was not a good QB at playing catch up, but he was great at efficiently managing a game. So Mangini destroyed the careers of the 2 best and most dedicated leaders on the team he inherited: Pennignton and Vilma. And drafted a stiff, a stiff with guts, I'll give him that, in Clemens. Clemens has courage, like Dilfer has courage.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2007
  7. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +711 / 5 / -3

Clemens is a first year starter. Who knows what type of QB he will turn out to be? Drew Brees was horrible his first few years and then turned into a Pro Bowler. Romo had some horrible games last year with some of his good ones. Matt Hasselbeck's first few years as a starter were not very good.

I watched the game on Thursday and many of the plays the o-line might have done a better job slowing the Cowboys' defense from getting in the backfield if they layed on the ground and made the Cowboys defenders jump over them.
  8. frankiesfly

frankiesfly Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree. It really doesn't matter how much you dislike a team. Facts are facts. I think Clemens will be a better QB next season with the team preparing with him as their leader.
  9. frankiesfly

frankiesfly Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I wouldn't call it an excuse after coming in during the middle of the season. Brady, Shaub, and Romo were backups for a while under really good QB's. Clemens was backup for Chad Pennington. I wouldn't call Chad a great teacher. This just made me realize something. Brady and Romo were backups for Drew and look how good they turned out. Maybe Drew should come back to the league as a QB coach.
  10. Patriot Power

Patriot Power Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I wonder if we can steal Leon Washington away from the Jets when his rookie contract is up... talk about the perfect replacement for Kevin Faulk in a couple of years.

But on to the subject at hand... yeah, I haven't been overly impressed with Clemens either. Certainly hasn't proven he's any better than Pennington at this point.
  11. SteelerSteve

SteelerSteve Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Kellens has barely had a chance to settle into his starting position, I think its a little too soon to start talking about how horrible he is.
  12. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,079 / 15 / -16

well...is it OK if we (Pats fans) talk about how horrible the Jets are? Please Mr. Steeler, can we have your permission?

In fact, scratch that...we'll discuss whatever the hell we want, whether that's OK with you or not.
  13. JaredOfNazareth

JaredOfNazareth Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think he will be decent. Not this year. He will be better than Boller and Grossman I am sure. It is funny to throw it in Jets fans faces though.
  14. SteelerSteve

SteelerSteve Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Back the hell off dude, talk about what ever you want I dont really care. All I did was state my opinion, which was that I dont think Clemens has had time to prove what kind of qb he is. Go ahead and be an ******* though cause there are alot of other members here who have proved to be alot smarter and more reasonable than you. My guess is you just feel like being pissy at me just cause I'm a steelers fan so just keep talking and I will try not to hurt your feelings again you moron.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.