PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ot: Kc vs tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.

PushnPencils

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Tampa has looked athletic and prepared. KC looks bored and uninspired.

I know its preseason game one, but KC looks like they wanted to go home after the 1st qtr.

I will say it seems Tampa was playing with more complex sets while KC was very vanilla.

I look forward to see how we mach up against a team like TB and how our D attacks Freeman.

One thing to note: Cassel started, but didn't throw a pass.
:confused:

Tampa has looked athletic and prepared. KC looks bored and uninspired.

I know its preseason game one, but KC looks like they wanted to go home after the 1st qtr.

I will say it seems Tampa was playing with more complex sets while KC was very vanilla.

I look forward to see how we mach up against a team like TB and how our D attacks Freeman.

Even though it's PS, KC putting up a goose egg is pretty embarrassing.

I was trying to watch Ted Larsen and Tyrone McKenzie. From what little I could see on television angles Larsen did well; he didn't maul people but he didn't let players get by either. McKenzie came in as the 2nd team MLB calling out plays and formations and showed some leadership. Unfortunately for him the starting MLB, rookie Mason Foster had a very good game; so right now McKenzie is in line to make the game day roster, but not the starting lineup.

On a side note this may have been the first time I was really truly totally focused on watching only certain players and completely shutting the game itself out, with the idea of grading a few players. Maybe others are seeing something I don't, but I have no idea how sites like PFF can give grades to all 22 players on every single play. I just don't see how it can possibly be done from watching a game on television.

It's not as if I'm totally clueless to looking at tape. Not that it compares to the NFL by any stretch of the imagination, but I did help out on Pop Warner teams for several years as an assistant. An amateur camera from the stands that we used gave ten times more perspective than what I was able to gather from a network television broadcast, even with the benefit of stopping, rewinding and slow motion of the DVR. Not to hijack the thread or turn it into a PFF bashfest, but I saw way more on those shaky Pop Warner films that we watched than I could ever pick up from a network telecast.

Last edited:
Often I can't even tell what players are on the field. Up next is a replay of Denver at Dallas on NFLN. Football feels good!

Watched a bit of the SF/NO game. Mark Ingram didn't look all that good, dropping a swing pass on one play. Per standards on Pats boards as applied to Tate and Price, NO should cut Ingram immediately. What a bust!

Tampa was running its starters against Chiefs backups. That, and some special teams mistakes, had a lot to do with why the game looked the way it did.

Watched a bit of the SF/NO game. Mark Ingram didn't look all that good, dropping a swing pass on one play. Per standards on Pats boards as applied to Tate and Price, NO should cut Ingram immediately. What a bust!

So what you're saying is Ingram's performance was far from being
"Ridley-esque".....?

5 of his carries went for 9 yards total. The other was a 14 yard TD.

Ever notice how every preseason post has the worlds "I know its preseason, but..."

On a side note this may have been the first time I was really truly totally focused on watching only certain players and completely shutting the game itself out, with the idea of grading a few players.

I DVR every game and watch it back focusing on different players only and will often rewind and watch the same play focusing on a different area. My perception of how players played can sometimes change dramatically on the second watching. Plus the second watching most of the emotion is taken out of the viewing so you catch so much more just based on that.

The toughest position to grade is still the secondary even doing this. I wish the networks would give more end zone and overhead shots.

I was trying to watch Ted Larsen and Tyrone McKenzie. From what little I could see on television angles Larsen did well; he didn't maul people but he didn't let players get by either. McKenzie came in as the 2nd team MLB calling out plays and formations and showed some leadership. Unfortunately for him the starting MLB, rookie Mason Foster had a very good game; so right now McKenzie is in line to make the game day roster, but not the starting lineup.

On a side note this may have been the first time I was really truly totally focused on watching only certain players and completely shutting the game itself out, with the idea of grading a few players. Maybe others are seeing something I don't, but I have no idea how sites like PFF can give grades to all 22 players on every single play. I just don't see how it can possibly be done from watching a game on television.

It's not as if I'm totally clueless to looking at tape. Not that it compares to the NFL by any stretch of the imagination, but I did help out on Pop Warner teams for several years as an assistant. An amateur camera from the stands that we used gave ten times more perspective than what I was able to gather from a network television broadcast, even with the benefit of stopping, rewinding and slow motion of the DVR. Not to hijack the thread or turn it into a PFF bashfest, but I saw way more on those shaky Pop Warner films that we watched than I could ever pick up from a network telecast.

Not to hijack the thread either, but I hope someday the NFL broadcasts will be interactive, allowing the viewer to choose several angles from which to view the field, including the coaches tape whole field view.

Not to hijack the thread either, but I hope someday the NFL broadcasts will be interactive, allowing the viewer to choose several angles from which to view the field, including the coaches tape whole field view.

Now THAT would be awesome.

Looking forward to seeing Larsen and McKenzie next week. Some teams approach the preseason differently looking to establish winning and will play their starters more and so on.

I enjoy the dvr to see the line play useless for seeing the secondary, agree about the end zone shots, still you really can get a much better sense of what is happening with the Line play, and how the run game is being conducted.

Tampa was running its starters against Chiefs backups. That, and some special teams mistakes, had a lot to do with why the game looked the way it did.

Oh no, not the dreaded perspective...

Haley said he is managing his roster for the regular season coming off a lockout. Tampa is a young team with a young HC who is trying to kickstart a winning mentality in hopes they can build off last season. Apples and oranges.

5 of his carries went for 9 yards total. The other was a 14 yard TD.

Daniel Thomas had a pretty bad game too. 5 carries for 4 yards or something lackluster.

Daniel Thomas had a pretty bad game too. 5 carries for 4 yards or something lackluster.

Whole Phins offense was pretty bad, minus the TD on a blown coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes