PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cleveland Browns WR Josh Gordon suspended again

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
@nfldraftscout: Will be surprised if he's back in 15 RT @Browns: The Browns have suspended WR Josh Gordon for a violation of team rules.

@RapSheet: The #Browns announce they have suspended Josh Gordon for violation of team rules, per @Andrew_Gribble

Can't believe I wanted this clown on our team at one point. Talk about pissing away talent.

Trade a 3rd or 4th + Dobson for him in the off season

Perhaps we can fix him.

how hard is it..i mean really...how hard can it be? Unreal...

SIGN THE BEAST!

MAYBE!

He's still worth looking at.

The only way I would even consider trading is if there were a clause, à la the Pacman Jones trade a few years ago, that lets the Patriots recoup most of their draft capital if he gets suspended again.

The only way I would even consider trading is if there were a clause, à la the Pacman Jones trade a few years ago, that lets the Patriots recoup most of their draft capital if he gets suspended again.

I wouldn't trade for him. If he's on the market, though, I'd be looking at him. This team still needs receivers.

Only way he comes is if he is a FA. I don't care if we traded the last pick in the draft, don't trade

He is the Ogey Ogelthorpe of the NFL.

Missed a team meeting. A ton of talent, but needs to mature.

This is actually a complete shock to me. I had no idea that the Cleveland Browns even HAD rules.

how hard is it..i mean really...how hard can it be? Unreal...

Everytime I hear this, it's like incredibly ignorant. Let me let you on a little something. If you or I or anyone was in his position you'd do the same thing. You wanna know why? Because you'd be him. You'd go thru all his experiences from birth to present. There's no ok I'll just take his body but my mind/emotions and just jump into it this season and be like, see! I can do it!

Sorry. It doesn't work like that!

buy low, offer a 6th

stays a knucklehead?

well, you lost a 6th (and one that won't turn out to be Tom Brady)

Everytime I hear this, it's like incredibly ignorant. Let me let you on a little something. If you or I or anyone was in his position you'd do the same thing. You wanna know why? Because you'd be him. You'd go thru all his experiences from birth to present. There's no ok I'll just take his body but my mind/emotions and just jump into it this season and be like, see! I can do it!

Sorry. It doesn't work like that!

You can.bet your ass if I made it pro in football..since I played in HS..and was good enough too?..I would never take it for granted or like a kids game...I wouldn't miss team meetings or do any type of drugs if the league didn't allow it. It's my mind not his..

He is a ******* moron. End of story.

You can.bet your ass if I made it pro in football..since I played in HS..and was good enough too?..I would never take it for granted or like a kids game...I wouldn't miss team meetings or do any type of drugs if the league didn't allow it. It's my mind not his..

He is a ******* moron. End of story.
You just completely missed his point.

Trade a 7th for a camp trial
I'd expect him to go the Albert Haynesworth route though and blow his chance here

Interesting situation. I am not convinced that Gordon is still the same headcase that he was last year. I think there is a chance that going through the entire season long ban ordeal matured him a bit. Did he come late to a practice ? Yes, but so did Revis this year. There are so many reasons why somebody shows up late, I really don't want to judge him on that.

I would actually be ok if we trade one of our 3rd or the Mankins 4th if he became available. Ideally one of those two picks would be used as trade-up material anyway. It would be a total shot in the dark but so is drafting around the later rounds. At least here the upside is well established.

Also, since he is on a rookie contract he might be the only real outside receiver that we can afford while still resigning our own FAs.

The Cowboys should pair him with Dez, give him a good role model.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back