PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Josh Gordon flunked drug test, faces ban for a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Per Schefter.

Dude is either an idiot or has a problem.

Florio says it's for alcohol. While not what you'd expect, that's still no excuse for a guy who knows he's being tested for it (as a result of his DUI).

i smoked pot for the longest time in college and still do sometimes...i don't once every feel addicted to it and could go from smoking 4 blunts a day in college..to nothing for a year no problem. Maybe others are different but man....what an idiot

Edit:guess not pot

While stupid on Gordon's part, the NFL also looks dumb for this. A full year suspension for alcohol or weed? Ridiculous.

Michael Lombardi was right, glad he's working for the Pats.

well, that IS deflating news, isn't it?

I think the NFL should investigate if Gordon's liver is back to proper inflation.

Why are they drug testing alcohol?

While stupid on Gordon's part, the NFL also looks dumb for this. A full year suspension for alcohol or weed? Ridiculous.
The moral is in Goodell's NFL alcohol and weed consumption is eight times worse than spousal abuse unless somebody has it on film. Naturally, Kraft supports the man who made that decision.

Why are they drug testing alcohol?

Because the NFL decided that it wanted to be the arbiter of all things player related, and the NFLPA was stupid enough to largely acquiesce.

Too bad for him he doesn't play for Pittsburgh. He'd be in the clear.

Not for a drunken, doped up owner though.

So, instead of being able to watch Josh Gordon run pass routes, we get to watch replays of Irsay stumbling and bumbling his way through a DUI arrest. Lucky us.

Because the NFL decided that it wanted to be the arbiter of all things player related, and the NFLPA was stupid enough to largely acquiesce.

Why on earth did the NFLPA agree to anything that wasn't player performance related? You can't tell me that smoking some weed or drinking gives anyone an advantage. And how does an owner like Irsay get away with the crap that he does? That guy is a traffic death (or deaths) waiting to happen.

Why on earth did the NFLPA agree to anything that wasn't player performance related? You can't tell me that smoking some weed or drinking gives anyone an advantage. And how does an owner like Irsay get away with the crap that he does? That guy is a traffic death (or deaths) waiting to happen.

They were too busy worrying about the number of practices to pay attention to the things that really mattered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes