PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Josh Gordon checking into rehab. Doubt he plays WK 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We better sign that motherf*cker this off season or before someone else does
I'd be shocked if he made it to the Pats.

Browns are better off trading the lad for a conditional.

Per Bleacher Report, the Browns are moving on from Josh Gordon. I can't blame them. For once they're making a decision that makes sense. Gordon got more chances than Dobson did.:p

Is this kid book smart? Who knows if he can play in our system.

Amazing to me that despite everything that happened in the last two years and last 24h there are still people here who think there is something left to salvage in Josh Gordon. This is not fantasy football..

Amazing to me that despite everything that happened in the last two years and last 24h there are still people here who think there is something left to salvage in Josh Gordon. This is not fantasy football..

I suppose it's the fantasy of having a downfield threat that gets everyone excited, but I do agree with you that a guy like Gordon has too much baggage. I can't say that I'd be upset if he were claimed, but I would be surprised, for multiple reasons.

Per Bleacher Report, the Browns are moving on from Josh Gordon. I can't blame them. For once they're making a decision that makes sense. Gordon got more chances than Dobson did.:p

Yeah, like you wouldn't have to fight the urge to get drunk and stoned every single day that you were a member of the Cleveland Browns, and living in that toilet of a city...

Short of being sentenced to live in Detroit, there may not be a harsher punishment in U.S..

You think it's better for a guy's FA prospects to enter rehab right as he's scheduled to rejoin the team rather than play with a QB that everyone knows is bad? The one year he was good came with Jason Campbell,
Brandon Weeden, and Brian Hoyer under center, btw - not like this is new territory.

If he wanted to increase his value in FA, the only way to do that was to get on the field and provide examples of why he was worth offering a big contract that weren't 3+ years old. If he wanted to tank his value in FA, further demonstrating that he has substance abuse issues is about the surest way to do that.

Never underestimate the power of (well publicised) redemption ..

Josh Gordon - Cleveland Browns - 2016 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com
Suspended WR Josh Gordon remains banned indefinitely until further notice from the NFL.

Gordon checked himself into rehab a few days ago after a recent "slip-up" with alcohol. On indefinite suspension, Gordon isn't allowed to drink or do any other drugs. We're no longer going to hold our breath waiting for Gordon to play football again. His off-field life is a mess that needs fixing first.

I find this whole situation a tad uncomfortable now if I am honest I think the NFL needs to say to what reasons they have to keep him banned indefinitely, who are the NFL to say to another human being you cannot drink alcohol period. Is the guy drinking bottles of gin every day and is a true alcoholic or is he having a beer watching a movie. When the original situation that led him to today which is as harmless as it gets I basically think people should be told the truth here. I cannot fathom at all someone being treated like this if he was here in England playing in the English Premier League, they would let him get treatment and let him play.

EDIT - Especially as alcoholism is a illness and since when do you ban people when they have an illness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes