Will the Giants stand by their man?

• Yes

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • No

Votes: 24 70.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The NFL appears proud that they harassed the victim into thinking they were a reporter lying and even if it was the NFL she believed they were out to cover it up.

Thanks for posting that. I agree with you -- that post looks far more damning to the NFL than to the Kings County PD, in my opinion. I'm stunned she chose to release it, and stunned that she thought it would help her case.

I hate that this story is what it is, but in it there is the beginning of the end for Goodell. The Brady debacle was the end of the beginning. The league is a laughingstock now - with fans, media and players openly deriding them. And with the decline in ratings, the situation is untenable and moving towards critical mass. I am thinking Brady will still be in the league when Goodell is shown the door.

Last edited:
Roger Goodell when he fights Josh Brown in court for his eventually over the top and CBA invalid punishment
Ron-I-Have-a-Permit.gif

From a $12b organization, while not surprising this level of disorganization, incompetence and lack professionalism is incredible

You almost wonder if they intentionally behaved this way so they wouldn't be given the info and could thus plead ignorance. Seems like they didn't follow proper procedures and protocols.

Either way, an embarrassment.
It's deja vu all over again (see Ray Rice investigation circa 2014).

I've heard reports that all this new information about Brown's case comes from Brown's own personal journals he wrote while in therapy. If that is true, this is a terrible president to set!!

I am in no way defending Brown or what he did, he is a scumbag, and nobody should ever harm a woman or a child.

BUT, if Brown wrote these journals as part of his therapy and now they are being used to against him, that is horribly WRONG! Much like the confessional, what goes on between you and your Doctor should be private and unusable in court, and yes, even the court of public opinion!

Once again, the NFL has so screwed up this case (and all the others) and will again, damage most the one person who is the victim!

First off, I would not impose any punishment until a criminal case is finished, this way you know the entire story (and can't claim that you didn't).

Secondly, I would make the Domestic Abuse policy read that any player, coach, owner, etc suspended under the Domestic Abuse Policy will have his pay given directly to the victim. I would also mandate that the club MUST keep and pay the suspended player on the payroll, for the length of his suspension.

The way the NFL does it now, the victim, not only gets abused, then she faces the choice of reporting the abuse and almost certainly lose her financial support, so many stay silent and take it. Even after they report the abuse to the authorities, cooperating in any NFL investigation is counterproductive for the victim, because again, the end result will be loss of financial support for the victim and her children!

The NFL needs to rethink this whole personal conduct policy and it really needs to get rid of the buffoon running the league.

the nfl will again get away with this and they dont care if anyone questions them.

the nfl will again get away with this and they dont care if anyone questions them.

We'll have to wait and see how much additional punishment the NFL* imposes.

If we have learned nothing else from observing the Goodell clown show, it is that the severity of the penalty determines the seriousness of the crime.

CameraPlacement Gate and Defamegate? - Serious as hell and because integrity.

Tripgate and Revis tampering - Minor infractions barely worth noting.

It remains to be seen if the Josh Brown case is serious or not.......the anticipation builds.

We'll have to wait and see how much additional punishment the NFL* imposes.

If we have learned nothing else from observing the Goodell clown show, it is that the severity of the penalty determines the seriousness of the crime.

CameraPlacement Gate and Defamegate? - Serious as hell and because integrity.

Tripgate and Revis tampering - Minor infractions barely worth noting.

It remains to be seen if the Josh Brown case is serious or not.......the anticipation builds.
Whatever additional punishment the add, they wont acknowledge they dropped the ball on this. They arent really interested in the punishment, just their image which they keep screwing up all the time.

I guess it depends on what you're talking about.

- Getting away with retroactive punishments? Unfortunately the morons in CA2 and CA8 agreed that Article 46 means Roger can do whatever the hell he wants without regards for the rules of arbitration. So yes, they will get away with any punishment they levy on him.

- Get away with another public cover up? Too early to tell, but the comment section on PFT have started to blow up over this story, and apparently the papers in NY are having a field day with it, and this time pretty much every national writer is condemning the NFL here. And for as much as we bash Kraft, he isn't backing Goodell publicly here this time. It's too soon to tell, but the possibility at least exists that NFL HQ could experience a major shakeup by Thanksgiving. Here's hoping.

I guess it depends on what you're talking about.

- Getting away with retroactive punishments? Unfortunately the morons in CA2 and CA8 agreed that Article 46 means Roger can do whatever the hell he wants without regards for the rules of arbitration. So yes, they will get away with any punishment they levy on him.

- Get away with another public cover up? Too early to tell, but the comment section on PFT have started to blow up over this story, and apparently the papers in NY are having a field day with it, and this time pretty much every national writer is condemning the NFL here. And for as much as we bash Kraft, he isn't backing Goodell publicly here this time. It's too soon to tell, but the possibility at least exists that NFL HQ could experience a major shakeup by Thanksgiving. Here's hoping.

Yeah, I think it's pretty much this. They can and will do it, sure. But the public sees exactly what's going on here. and is not fooled by this retroactive nonsense.

Please fire Goodell

To answer the OP: they have been standing by him for years. Why stop now?

Reports: NFL Didn't Try Very Hard To Obtain Josh Brown Information; Giants Knew Of Brown's Abuse All Along
The New York Giants are willing to accept a certain level of domestic violence out of their players.

That was the takeaway from Giants co-owner John Mara’s impromptu interview on WFAN with Mike Francesa on Thursday afternoon.

For one, Mara said this:

“I can’t answer right now what the future holds for him. I think we need to gather some information and then try to make as intelligent a decision as we can.”

Mara said as much after these words from Brown became public knowledge: “I viewed myself as God basically and she was my slave. … I have physically, verbally and emotionally abused my wife.” Yet, before making any decisions on the employment of his kicker, Mara needs to “gather some information.”

Francesa asked Mara if the team felt deceived by the most recent revelations about Brown. Mara said that he did not feel hoodwinked, and that Brown had been honest with the team prior to the Giants’ offering of a $4 million contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes