Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT: Jon Meterperel on WEEI

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Rob0729, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +489 / 5 / -1

Ok, this guy really bugs me. Not because I believe any of his BS character that he really thinks the Pats were going to lose every week for the last 18 games. Because he didn't. I am tired of him pretending to act like he thinks the Pats are going to lose week in and week out so that he can get into on-air fights with moron callers too slow to realize it is all just an act.

Meterperel should take lessons from Felger. No one pretends to hate the Pats better these days than Felger. Borges was the king of it, but he has passed the torch to Felger. And yes, I don't buy either Borges or Felger actually hating the Pats nearly as much as their public personas let on.
  2. patsgo

patsgo Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

switch the dial and dont listen to the nonsense
  3. Bigdogx

Bigdogx Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The guy just contributes nothing to the show, i could careless who he thinks will win or what his opinions are, but the guy is just a waste of space on that show, i dont listen to bc games but im sure he is = annoying doing that also.

Thats the best part about baseball season is getting to hear Curt tell him what a worthless piece of $#@# he is, when he calls in during the season.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  4. NoCal Patriot

NoCal Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Your comment accomplished his goal.All He is doing is a desparate cry for attention and You gave it to Him.Congratulations.
  5. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +489 / 5 / -1

His goal is to generate calls on the show to make "good radio" not to draw attention to himself on a message board. It probably isn't even his idea to do this. He is probably told to do this from Dennis and Callahan.

Actually, my post might actually hurt his goal. If one person who couldn't figure out that he is just an act learns that it is by this thread, he is hurt by this. His goal is to rile up the yahoos to get into fights with him about why he is so "stupid" for picking the other team.
  6. dhamz

dhamz Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

You are missing out on comedy.

BC had a WR and a RB recently one I think was Challenger, one Calendar - either way very similar names. He could never get them straight.

A typical call would go, Challenger in motion, play fake to Challenger, Calendar picks up the blitz, Ryan going deep to Calendar....and it is dropped by Challenger.
  7. oldskool138

oldskool138 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

Bingo! [/troy brown]

Meter is just a contrarian. It's hard to have "good" radio without opposing viewpoints.
  8. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +489 / 5 / -1

The problem is that his contrarian point of view is so moronic and transparent that it is anything but good radio. I switch the radio to ESPN the second I hear him open his mouth. Luckily in the car and at work I can listen to Sirius NFL Radio. Too bad because I would rather have the local point of view for the week of Super Bowl.
  9. Bigdogx

Bigdogx Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

That would figure, the way he fumbles through a 30 second sports flash most days, i couldn't imagine him being any good at broadcasting live sports.
  10. jscout

jscout Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Who's that? Oh him. He's horrible on air. I listen to WEEI inspite of him. I hope he moves over to ESPN Radio.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  11. bunzoburns

bunzoburns Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If he's annoying you, than he is succeeding at his job...
  12. oldskool138

oldskool138 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

How many Meterparel's does it take to fill up a shower?

I don't know they keep slipping down the drain.

:D
  13. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0

I agree 100%. That's why I listen to 1510 the zone more often in the morning now. D&C really don't know jack about the sport of football and Meterparel is insufferable. The whole crew is a bunch of gossippy little teenagers, it's real trash. Try 1510, it's still local programming in the morning, and they know a whole lot more about football than D&C.
  14. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +489 / 5 / -1

Really? His job is to make listeners turn off the radio? Someone should fire Jason Woolf (the programming manager for WEEI). If he hired someone whose job is to make listeners annoyed enough to switch the channel, then he needs to find new work.
  15. Sicilian

Sicilian On the Roster

Ratings:
    +262 / 1 / -2

I don't even turn on WEEI until after 10am. D+C bother me, and not for their politics, just their attitude is infuriating sometimes.

Dale and Holley, while being occasionally goofy, seem to have a nice balance between talking and listening to callers.

Only thing I like is when they interview Brady on Mondays.
  16. groundgame

groundgame Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

He is an improving play-by-play announcer (BC).
  17. Bigdogx

Bigdogx Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

You either got it or you dont with a job like that, listening to some of the flashes during the bc season of his calls, he sounds like finger nails running down a chalk board.

Regardless imo the best morning show when it comes in, is boomers show on the fan in nyc imo.
  18. fnordcircle

fnordcircle ( o Y o ) PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +193 / 5 / -13

Wait....there's more to WEEI than just commercials?!??!?!
  19. fnordcircle

fnordcircle ( o Y o ) PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +193 / 5 / -13

I thought WEEI was the AM equivalent of the home shopping network. @_@
  20. oldskool138

oldskool138 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

I love how they go to break at 6:55 AM and then don't come back on until 7:18 AM.

Or when the Big Show does one 15 minute interview and puts on 45 minutes of commercials. I mean, I know they have to pay the bills but this is crazy. I'm never shopping at Gerard Mitsubishi and I don't have basement flooding...How many basement companies are in MA/RI anyways?