PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:John madden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcer bashing has become a national past time. I like the combination of Michaels and Madden. Although I am spared most of the blah-blah-blah because I watch the games off my DVR.

He has become a character of himself, but people forget that he was a very good coach. He knows his football although in most cases he goes for the sensational sound effect rather than anything insightful. For a guy in his 90s he does ok, obviously he loves the game to keep at it after all these years.

I love Madden and Michaels. The play-by-play is okay. They go off on tangents like damn near every other announcer, but they seem to genuinely have a good time and they do it in a self-deprecating manner and don't take themselves seriously at all.

Kind of like the anti-Joe Buck.

for the record ..i dont mind madden either but he can be unintentionally funny sometimes and this guy does a great impersonation

I thought the broadcast was missing something....like a long, forced, uncomfortable interview with some washed-up sitcom ex-star....if only there was a football broadcast that featured something like that!

I though Madden and Michaels were good Sunday night. They both seem to have had a drink of the cool-aid. They were both against the argument of most pundits that the Pats have been running up the scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back