PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: John Fox out as Carolina HC

Status
Not open for further replies.
All Patriots fans should thankful to Fox et. al. for the juicy draft pick they gave us. Top of the second round is a great place to pick.

So now there are three ex-coaches who made dubious trades with the Patriots (Skippy McDaniel who gave us a 4'th which we used to grab Hernandez and Fox who gave us a high for the next draft and Poindexter Childress who gave us a third for Randy Moss).

Last edited:
Fox is getting picked up fast. SF? Thats my guess.

The only thing that surprises me is the timing. This move was inevitable; he was in the last year of his contract and Carolina made no attempt to extend him before the season began. If they didn't fire him a month or two ago, what's the point in making this announcement today? With the Rooney rule it's not as if the Panthers can run out and hire somebody else tomorrow, in order to keep them from signing elsewhere.

I'm stunned by the timing of this. Why now? Why not wait until after the last game is played? Talk about Lame Ducks.

I'm stunned by the timing of this. Why now? Why not wait until after the last game is played? Talk about Lame Ducks.

i wonder if fox'll put in any all nighters, or come in at 4am, this week now that he's gone.

i wonder if fox'll put in any all nighters, or come in at 4am, this week now that he's gone.

Show up around 9, put the captains in charge of practice, continue cleaning out the office, head home for a nooner.

Wow, didn't see this one coming! Good luck, John....

A decent coach who needs a new landscape.

I think he's a pretty good coach. He was trapped in a franchise that wasn't/couldn't really consistently get good players. I know Bill B. worked with him before at the Giants and regards him highly. If he landed in NE, I'd be fine with that.

I think he's a pretty good coach. He was trapped in a franchise that wasn't/couldn't really consistently get good players. I know Bill B. worked with him before at the Giants and regards him highly. If he landed in NE, I'd be fine with that.

Me too. He's a good coach and a good man. He'll find another job pretty darned quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down