PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: John Dennis (d&c weei) Interviewing of Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truck

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I'm sure many of you listen to the Monday morning Tom Brady D&C interviews (and the rest of the weei interviews).

Just curious: I can't stand John Dennis's questioning skills and was wondering if I was the only one?

Every question he asks, is either a leading yes question, or has some stupid analogy in it (he does this with Brady, with Doc, and any other interviewee).

What John Dennis would say: "That 4 & long play in the third quarter, where you threw it to Welker. Was that your best throw of the evening"?
What I would ask "What do you think was your best throw of the evening?"
.....I mean, why give the guy the answer in the question;

What John Dennis would say "Is it fair to say that you the way you adjusted in the third quarter is like ...(insert long rambling analogy here)".
What I would ask "Can you talk about the adjustments you made the 3rd quarter?"
.....Why does he feel the need to ramble on in some of these questiosn? I'm not interested in how many words he can put into a question, I'm interested in hearing Brady/Doc/whoever speak

D & C could crap golden bricks and still can not stand listening to them, both are pompous asses who go over the same thing over and over and over again.. this week they rehashed the tiger woods things over and over again.. all this within 7 or8 days of the superbowl.. this along with saying crap about the other sports programming is boring.

not only do they ask stupid leading questions so they can look intelligent, but they don't even try to seem like they give a crap about the answer. it's very obvious that they are waiting for their turn to speak rather than listening to the person they are talking to; and often they don't even wait their turn, they cut the person off before their done and ask their next stupid question.

the worst was when they had izzo on last week...everyone knows that izz is a special teams ace but that he really wants to be a starting linebacker. well they ask him something along the lines of "so when did you realize you wheren't good enough to be a starting linebacker in the NFL?". he says "uhhh...I still don't realize that?", so they kept pushing..."we know BB tells it like it is and doesn't pull any punches, did he just come up to you and say listen larry, you're not going to cut it...". then when that line of questioning broke down they started asking great stuff like do any guys on the team wish they where Tom? :bricks: :bricks:

I now listen to the TFB interview later in the day from their website and listen to ESPN or podcasts of PFW on the ride to work

What bothers me about their interview is that it's so poorly done. They sound like the kids on Totally Patriots reading prewritten questions off a piece of paper.

I don't like C, but I despise D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes