OT: John Beck era begins for Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
OT: Miami News: John Beck to start sunday - Ricky Williams reinstated

Sirius NFL Radio reports that John Beck will be the starter sunday for the Dolphins while Ricky Williams has been reinstated in the league.

Not anything special about a winless team but newsworthy

Re: OT: Miami News: John Beck to start sunday - Ricky Williams reinstated

Sirius NFL Radio reports that John Beck will be the starter sunday for the Dolphins while Ricky Williams has been reinstated in the league.

Not anything special about a winless team but newsworthy

Cleo Lemon isn't the problem in Miami. He has no one to throw the ball to.

As soon as Aqua gets ahold of this info about Beck starting,little willie is going to awaken from slumber :D

As soon as Aqua gets ahold of this info about Beck starting,little willie is going to awaken from slumber :D

He'll likely dehydrate himself in exctatic anticipation of Beck's start.
Props to aged 27 year old Beck for finally geting a start on a team that's winless and that a month ago went into 'quit the season and rebuild' mode.

Ricky Williams is going to absolutely smoke the competition :D

Time to start the official "Predict when Ricky gets banned from the NFL thread"

... further proof their season is "Up in Smoke"

Be afraid, be very afraid!

Beck to start Sunday for Dolphins
Posted on Wed, Nov. 14, 2007
BY ARMANDO SALGUERO AND JEFF DARLINGTON
[email protected]

The future has arrived.

Rookie quarterback John Beck will start Sunday's game against the Eagles, making his debut as the Dolphins quarterback in Philadelphia, two sources said Wednesday morning.

Coach Cam Cameron advised both Cleo Lemon and Beck of the move during meetings with each. The team believes Beck, a second-round draft pick in this year's draft, is now prepared for the promotion.

During Sunday's home loss to the Buffalo Bills, the Miami crowd chanted, ''We want Beck'' during the game. Cameron has until now resisted putting Beck in his first regular-season action, saying instead he would play the quarterback ``who gives us the best chance to win.''

But Lemon is winless in four starts at quarterback. He has three touchdown passes but four interceptions so far this season.

The highly anticipated move at quarterback was made in time to give seven more opportunities for Beck to land the Dolphins' first win of the season. Beck will now have two opportunities to gain experience before facing the 1-8 New York Jets at home.

The Dec. 2 game against the AFC rivals should become the most anticipated of the Dolphins' season, as Beck will be making his debut at Dolphin Stadium between two teams with one combined win.

The Jets' only win this season was against the Dolphins on Sept. 23.

Cameron will announce his decision to start Beck after Wednesday's practice during his regular news conference with local media.

Re: OT: John Beck era begins for Doophins

Isn't that the E-Pro Loser with a Devil's Haircut (in his mind)?

;)

Beck is gonna get eaten alive by that Philly defense. I kind of want to watch this upcoming trainwreck in a morbid fascination sort of way.

Beck is gonna get eaten alive by that Philly defense. I kind of want to watch this upcoming trainwreck in a morbid fascination sort of way.
Another Mountain West Conference QB. They better hope he's better than Alex Smith. Oh wait, Smith was the #1 pick in his draft. Steve Young was pretty good though.

I dunno I like this move. In fact I'm predicting the Dolphins get their 1st win with the rook. :bricks:

It's about darned time that they let Beck get some experience. Miami's season is dead as a doornail. Beck at least gives the fans reason to watch and the organization a chance to assess whether they have to target the QB position in the offseason. I was beginning to wonder whether he just wasn't showing enough in practice to give them confidence that he could play at the Cleo Lemon level. :rolleyes:

I think I heard Steve Young said that John Beck has a similar playing style with Tom Brady.... think it was on Monday Night Count down or something....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back