PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jim Johnson "fighting for his life" [Update: Johnson has passed.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sadly Coach Jim Johnson Has Passed

Didn't sound good this past week when they announced his interim replacement was no longer interim, but that was fast. He was a defensive legend. With Dawkins having moved on to Denver, it may be hard for Philly to maintain the reputation their defense had built under his leadership. RIP.

That is sad news for his family. He was an awesome defensive coordinators.

That sucks

We just need to all send our thoughts and priers to the eagles, and more importantly, his family...

The league lost one it it's best today. I am sad to hear the news. I knew he was sick, but thought he was recovering. I thought he was just taking the year off to recover.

Last edited:

That's awful news. He was a great coach.

One of the all time best, gone far too soon. Football is unimportant in comparision to the loss to his family.

I heard the news on EEI tonight- definitely sad. He was a pretty amazing coach.

Regards to his family.

RIP. Huge loss both for his family and for the Eagles

Quite a shock. I knew he had left the team, but had no idea he was as sick as he was.

Very sad.

Wow. This is pretty sudden and shocking. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Tough blow for the NFL. The fans will miss out on his entertaining blitz schemes. :rip:

sad news.

condolences to his family.

RIP Jim Johnson.

The Eagles Organization,The Fans and Players can all give a lot of success to Jim Johnson whose defense that he transformed into perfection was a huge reason why the Eagles were the NFLs best NFC team this decade with 4 NFC Titles and 1 SB appearance

His presence will be lost not only by Eagles fans,players,coaches and ownership but by everyone who knows and loves football.

Jamie Dukes earlier this evening on the NFLN said that the best defensive minds he has seen in football were Jim Johnson and Bill Belichick,He said those 2 men were the only defensive coaches that could make a play up out of nowhere if a situation arose for a change and come up successful in doing it without any planning and that is exactly how Jim was as a brilliant DC. :rip:

Last edited:
This is a huge loss for both the Eagles and the NFL. His defenses were scary and always well conceived in style and substance. Even if you knew they were blitzing they were hard to stop. Johnson's defense was the first to expose the weaknesses of the 2007 team, though the offense was great enough to overcome it.

I have a lot of respect for this man and I grieve for his family.

Bob G

Wow, admittedly, i don't pay much attention to the Eagles. I didnt know anything about this. This is very saddening. I always respected him. He seemed like a nice guy, and a great DC.

R.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back