PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jim Irsay calls Peyton a politician

Status
Not open for further replies.

West Philly Patriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Jim Irsay calls Peyton Manning 'a politician'

Where do you start with Irsay? He tells Peyton Manning to keep it in house, meanwhile he post on twitter like a 16 year old girl. Seriously, how does an NFL owner tweet as much as he does? I would think that someone that important has so many things to do that he wouldn't have the time. He responds to Manning to keep it "in the family" via the MEDIA. The guy is a joke of an owner and they don't ever deserve to win anything again. His father was damaged as well.

Manning in my opinion was just explaining he understood the business aspect and how sad he was for the people that were no longer around. Strength & conditioning coaches etc. He explicitly stated that he wasn't trying to campaign to fans and wanted ultimately to remain a colt. But If that couldn't happen to keep things clean. How do you disrespect Peyton by calling him out of his name in the media? It's a joke, I couldn't imagine Mr. Kraft saying these things about Brady. Ever.

You would probably be out of Indy without 18
You are about to host a SB in Indy because of 18.
You are playing in a brand new stadium with publicly funded money because of 18
You were able to be so terrible at drafting talent and still post winning seasons because 18 covered up alot of your mistakes.

Thank god for Bob Kraft.

Last edited:
The more I learn about utterly inept and low-class that organization is, the more I think they should just make a separate "Peyton Manning" category when ranking the best of all-time. Not saying he should rank better or worse than Brady, just saying that comparing his situation to a lot others like Brady, Montana, and Elway is just pointless. Those teams weren't run by circus clown.

The only thing that will come out of this scenario is Peyton Manning looking like a God. Manning's always carried himself with class and respect. You can't say the same for Irsay.

So, Irsay's trying to set up some minor bulwark against the PR beating he's going to take when he doesn't bring Manning back....

It won't work.

Irsay is an embarrassment. We are truly blessed that Kraft is our owner and not this Indy clown.

While we look at Indy as a joke, it just goes to show that even Peyton Manning is Not invincible.

It makes you wonder if someday the Patriots and Tom Brady will suffer a nasty split.

While we look at Indy as a joke, it just goes to show that even Peyton Manning is Not invincible.

It makes you wonder if someday the Patriots and Tom Brady will suffer a nasty split.

I'd like To think Kraft can keep it on a level for sane, mature, rational people.

The only thing that will come out of this scenario is Peyton Manning looking like a God. Manning's always carried himself with class and respect. You can't say the same for Irsay.

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. I can't think of another player whom has advanced the stature of a city and organization as far as sports is concerned in the modern era. A few examples could be:

Lebron in Cleveland
Gretzky in Edmonton
Brees/Payton in New Orleans

No, they won't. Because Kraft and Belichick are exceedingly competent, and Irsay is exceedingly ******ed.

Their misery = my pleasure.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...
devil.gif

Please don't make my head explode, I won't even entertain the idea for a split second. Never gonna happen, can't ever happen, no no no.... :scared:

Reason #5,327 why we are so lucky to have Bob Kraft own the Patriots.

Remember before the 2010 season, when Brady and Manning still hadn't signed a new contract? There was all this talk about strained relationships between Brady and the Pats. Meanwhile out in Indy the Colts and Manning were going to dance happily amid the rainbows on their little unicorns in their own little eden on their way to nothing but sweet ever-after happiness. So, yeah, there's some satisfaction seeing what's happening there now.

Every Thankgiving, I'm remind myself how thankful we are of having the Patriots as part of the Kraft family.

Remember before the 2010 season, when Brady and Manning still hadn't signed a new contract? There was all this talk about strained relationships between Brady and the Pats. Meanwhile out in Indy the Colts and Manning were going to dance happily amid the rainbows on their little unicorns in their own little eden on their way to nothing but sweet ever-after happiness. So, yeah, there's some satisfaction seeing what's happening there now.

Example #102 of the media's blatant bias and blindness

Don't see it happening for multiple reasons. The nature of this injury and his nerve regeneration timeline being so vague (anywhere from 6 mos to 2 years to never). Also the structure and timing of the contract and the $$$ involved before the new league year even commences. Not to mention the suck for Luck season turned in by a vastly undertalented roster and coaching staff. And of course the jettisoning of all things Polian.

I think this ownership and Hc will want Tommy starting here as long as he gives them the best chance at winning, and I think Tommy won't want to be the starter here once he doesn't.

I think if not for the whole Luck dynamic and now taking the 2-14 opportunity to clean house in the FO and coaching staff, Manning and Irsay probably could have worked something out. The whole scenario as it unfolded though created a perfect storm scenario for everybody moving on. And Irsay seems to be exacerbating it to an extent. Probably because he wants the decision to be a no brainer and the only way that happens is if Manning can't play at all and retires pre-emptively or becomes so disenchanted he or his agent adopt a get me out of here mentality and attitude.

Irsay made the decision to draft Manning and hire Polian and even Dungy. But aside from that he has been a bystander along for the ride over the last decade. Now he's reinserted himself as the face of the franchise until another emerges, partly because he doesn't want his new GM to have to weather that decision. Manning doesn't know this guy. All his business dealings for 13 years were handled through Polian. Irsay was just that kinda goofy owner guy you wave at or high 5 on game day. Manning isn't wired to deal with this guy running the show, especially not given his twitter obcession and need to pander to his fanbase. Polian never pandered to anyone but Manning and Condon.

This is like a bad divorce happening before our eyes. Embarrassing to watch.

Colts fans seem to disagree with you ....
Here is a quote from Colts.com

I think he is one of the best owners in sports. It's so hard to believe he is his dad's son at times.

Even the way he handled one of the darker moments in his life I respect him for. He came clean with his issue and got the help he needed for it. I respect him for that.

It's pretty clear Irsay loves his fan base and yes the city of Indianapolis and will do anything he can to make both happy. As a fan he's all you can ask for in an owner. He goes out of his way to do anything in his power to make sure he fields a winner

Colts fans seem to disagree with you ....
Here is a quote from Colts.com

Plus, Manning wouldn't be "Peyton" if they didn't do everything beyond measure to make him that.

The Colts have consistently spent 70% of their money on offense and look where they are now.

If I was Irsay, I'd be a lil ticked off now with having given my fans a 2-14 season. He should be mad at himself to allow the organization to revolve around Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes