PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jets' Woody injured?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Jet's Woody injured?

Eh, doesn't really reveal much. All depends on what was actually limiting him too. Could be an old shoulder injury that they're just letting him rest, etc.

Either way, I don't think Woody is really the cog of that line at this stage in his career. Obviously the Jets would rather have him than not, but he's irreplaceable IMO.

ran across this bit of news:

Jets | Woody limited during practice Wednesday

Wed, 3 Sep 2008 16:54:44 -0700 Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports New York Jets OT Damien Woody (shoulder) was limited during practice Wednesday, Sept. 3
ya he strained his shoulder after the 23 rd strait big mac he lifted to consume

I hear that an injured Woody is quite painful...

Woody (probable-shoulder). LOL.

Maybe they will just keep him injured all year rather than admit they are paying $5 million a year for an overweight, underachiever who can't play the position they signed him to play.

I love how people automatically believe that Woody is an upgrade over last year when he is playing out of position, is by all accounts slow and way out of shape, and is injury prone. I think the Jets have some serious concerns at the right side of their o-line and it starts with Woody.

Maybe they will just keep him injured all year rather than admit they are paying $5 million a year for an overweight, underachiever who can't play the position they signed him to play.

I love how people automatically believe that Woody is an upgrade over last year when he is playing out of position, is by all accounts slow and way out of shape, and is injury prone. I think the Jets have some serious concerns at the right side of their o-line and it starts with Woody.

But, but, he played like 5 games at the end of last season for the Lions at right tackle while they were playing out the string, and he didn't totally suck! He MUST be an upgrade! Who cares that he had fallen out with the coaching staff and been benched for a season and a half, and was clearly playing for a new contract, and only dropped the fork so he could make weight and not be cut before having a chance to dupe some stupid team into signing him? Guy is a STUD, those 5 games prove it. The Jets offensive line is now like the Great Wall of China, only MOBILE. We're dooooomed.

But, but, he played like 5 games at the end of last season for the Lions at right tackle while they were playing out the string, and he didn't totally suck! He MUST be an upgrade! Who cares that he had fallen out with the coaching staff and been benched for a season and a half, and was clearly playing for a new contract, and only dropped the fork so he could make weight and not be cut before having a chance to dupe some stupid team into signing him? Guy is a STUD, those 5 games prove it. The Jets offensive line is now like the Great Wall of China, only MOBILE. We're dooooomed.

Woody played well for us, but we clearly didn't take any steps backwards without him. I don't think Warren is going to have much trouble controlling the right side of the LOS against the Jets, regardless of whether or not Woody is playing.

Word was Woody got lazy after he left us ... doesn't surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back