PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: JETS tainted the PATs accomplishment...so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR4

In the Starting Line-up
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Why in the world do some of you want them to win anything???:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Please go back in time and realize what this Organization has done
to the PATs good name.

Just think about it.
There will ALWAYS be a * next to
PATs Superbowl wins because of the JETS!

How can any PATs fan ever hope this team wins anything. The Colts
in all there extracurricular activities NEVER brought the shame on the PATs
that the RATsters have. Think About it.

If you are thinking it is ok for the JETS to win just close your eyes
and try to recall how you felt when Camera gate was in full swing.
Remember how you dispised this organization for being R A T S.

Now tell me you still want them to win the AFC Championship.
Can you really say that without feeling a hole in the pit of your stomach?
If so all I can say is WOW ... unbelievable.

Last edited:
Re: JETS tainted the PATs accomplishment. so ...

I don't get it either. I hate the Colts as much as anyone does, believe me, but they are my choice today sadly.

I don't get it either. I hate the Colts as much as anyone does, believe me, but they are my choice today sadly.

Well, actually, my first choice is for an interdimensional portal to come in and take Lucas Oil Stadium and both teams to an alternate universe. :)

My second choice is a seventeen-overtime 3-0 win for the Colts.

Third is just having the Colts beat the JEST.

As I explained in another topic

A Jets loss isn't going to demoralize them or anything, the fact that they're in the AFC Championship game is already a huge accomplishment and they'll go into next season with tons of confidence, regardless.

The Colts on the other hand, this would be a historically embarrassing loss. Giving up a perfect season to let a previously 7-7 team in the playoffs that would then proceed to eliminate you? They would never live that down and absolutely no one would agree with their decision to rest, it will be complete outrage in Indianapolis. Think of their response in week sixteen, multiplied by a million.

I don't want Peyton adding another AFC championship to his resume, while also improving his playoff record to above .500, either. As he is the direct competitor to Brady for best QB of the the 00's (which is ultimately becoming best QB of all-time) anything that adds to his record of success is not desired.

Also, if the Jets win an AFC championship it's not as significant from a historical standpoint. If they don't win it all, no one is really going to care about in a few years. However, a Colts AFC Championship just adds another accomplishment to their overall decade of success and would likely lead to Peyton Manning's second SB championship.

Jets lose? Big deal, they've already accomplished more than was expected this season and will still be quite happy with the season.

Colts lose? Ridiculously, all-time embarrassing.

Last edited:

there is no asterisk. the jets taint themselves by existing.

F*** the Jets!

Let the haters think the Pats' accomplishments have been "tainted." We all know better, as does anyone with any sense.

I'm not a Jets fan, but I DESPISE the Colts and Steelers with a passion. A decade long rivalry will do that to you. Polian is the biggest POS in the NFL.

All that said: Go Saints! :)

i dont see an asteric. i dont know what you are talking about. the rams fans might put one but who cares

i dont see an asteric. i dont know what you are talking about. the rams fans might put one but who cares

You and I may not see one and their may not be one in the stats records
but many many fans, commentators and even casual observers who are not PATs fans see one.
Thanks to Jets and Comish who is really a Jet at heart.

No matter what the Steelers and Colts have done it pales in comparison
to what this despicable organization called the JETs has done to the
good name of the Patriots.

Last edited:

You and I may not see one and their may not be one in the stats records
but many many fans, commentators and even casual observers who are not PATs fans see one.
Thanks to Jets and Comish who is really a Jet at heart.

No matter what the Steelers and Colts have done it pales in comparison
to what this despicable organization called the JETs has done to the
good name of the Patriots.

who cares what they think. its called being jealous haters, thats all. living in NY, you see mets and jets fans that have nothing to say except bad things about teams that win. theyre losers

What BF said ................ :yeahthat: .

I'm with the jets.
I hate them, but they earned it last week.
Seeing Rivers lose a playoff game at home was one of the season's highlights for me.
I dislike Rivers more than any player in the league.
Jets D looked real good.
Seeing Manning get knocked around today would provide more pleasure and entertainment to me than seeing the jets go down.
NO will probably smoke them in the SB anyway.
And my 3 sisters are jet fans in CT, so I'd be happy for them.

Why in the world do some of you want them to win anything???:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Please go back in time and realize what this Organization has done
to the PATs good name.

Just think about it.
There will ALWAYS be a * next to
PATs Superbowl wins because of the JETS!

Actually it was not the current Jets that did that. In particular it was Eric Mangini. Rex Ryan has nothing to do with Mangini's ratfink actions. I may dislike the Jets, but only because they are division rivals and their obnoxious fans.

I hate Mangini for his rattiness and I'm surprised that he still has an NFL head coaching job. However I don't blame the Jets for that incident. It was media hype + Mangini that blew it up.

PS There is no asterisk by the Pats accomplishments. Check the record books, check the hall of fame. I think you might be the one buying into the media hype here if you believe that the fictitious asterisk actually exists.

Last edited:

who cares what they think. its called being jealous haters, thats all. living in NY, you see mets and jets fans that have nothing to say except bad things about teams that win. theyre losers

I don't care what the JETs think. I do care that they tarnished the name
of the Patriots with a trivial technicality and did it with a former Patriot
traitor at the helm.
I do care what other fans from other teams think of the Pats accomplishments because self recognition is not worthy recognition.

We can say it doesn't matter what other fans think but for me, in all honesty, it does matter.

The JETs have hurt my PATs beyond any forgiveness
or wishing anything good for that organization.

Actually it was not the current Jets that did that. In particular it was Eric Mangini. Rex Ryan has nothing to do with Mangini's ratfink actions. I may dislike the Jets, but only because they are division rivals and their obnoxious fans.

I hate Mangini for his rattiness and I'm surprised that he still has an NFL head coaching job. However I don't blame the Jets for that incident. It was media hype + Mangini that blew it up.

PS There is no asterisk by the Pats accomplishments. Check the record books, check the hall of fame. I think you might be the one buying into the media hype here if you believe that the fictitious asterisk actually exists.

Tannenbaum is still with the Jets, is he not?

I hate Mangini for spy gate, not the jets organization. expect the pats-jets rivalry to become a fun one for the next 5 years or so, but the cry-baby, referee influencing, lay it down at 14-0 dip-****s...I can't stand em. It would be poetic if the jets knocked off indy in their own house after being literally lead into the playoffs on a leash by the same team in the same place. the colts would be the laughing stock of the league. Tell me that would not be the ultimate choke, in the history of the nfl. It would out do even the Lions 0-16 of last year, at least they didn't openly choose to loose two of their games...

Who's most likely to get crushed in the SB? I can't root for either of these two and whoever wins today will hopefully be humiliated on Feb 7th in Miami.

I absolutely couldn't stand to listen to Ryan and Sanchez after a victory today, then again for 2 weeks heading into the SB. That's more than I could bear I think.

The JETs have hurt my PATs beyond any forgiveness
or wishing anything good for that organization.

Replace the word Jets with the word Mangini and you might have half a point. Mangini was a completely disloyal traitor who ratted out his own mentor just to get an edge. But the fact remains that in the large scheme of things, it really doesn't matter. The Pats got a black eye for a year in the media. So what?

It doesn't change history or 'taint' the Pats accomplishments in any way to an educated football fan. And 10 years from now, nobody will remember it except as maybe a footnote in history. What they will remember is that the Pats won 3 Lombardis in 4 years and were the first football Dynasty of the 21st century.

"Actually it was not the current Jets that did that."
you could say thatabout the Colts and Steelers also.
But in fact JETs GM who a big part of it is still there. But it doesn't matter.
They will always be the team that ratted on the PATs and many of their
rotten fans with their degrading words who are young will be around for
another 30 years

"There is no asterisk by the Pats accomplishments"
check response to billdog3484

Last edited:

Replace the word Jets with the word Mangini and you might have half a point. Mangini was a completely disloyal traitor who ratted out his own mentor just to get an edge. But the fact remains that in the large scheme of things, it really doesn't matter. The Pats got a black eye for a year in the media. So what?

It doesn't change history or 'taint' the Pats accomplishments in any way to an educated football fan. And 10 years from now, nobody will remember it except as maybe a footnote in history. What they will remember is that the Pats won 3 Lombardis in 4 years and were the first football Dynasty of the 21st century.

Their GM is still there and he was a big part of it. JETS stand for the
organization that hurt the PATs good name. No matter who was at the helm it was the JETS that did it and their fans loved it and degraded the
PATs every chance they got. Don't forget that!

Do you really think as long as commentators of this age are still alive that
when they begin talking about PATs three Superbowl wins their won't be
a reference to camera gate? Com on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes