PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jets season plan greatly flawed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostonian1962

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
When I heard all the "we will win the Super Bowl" talk coming out of Jets' camp this summer, I was struck with how misguided their approach was this offseason.

Remember how the discussion on the Patriots was about last years lack of leadership. Brady, Wilfolk, Mayo and others said they would step up in that aspect this year. Moreover, the team drafted no less than five players in the draft that were their college teams Team Captain. It was hugely important in their approach.

The Jets, by glaring contrast not only neglected this aspect of team building, but shot it to H***! They HAD some fantastic veteran team leaders. LS Dearth was very well respected veteran, who played 9 years with the Jets. They got rid of others like Tony Richardson, Leon Washington, Alan Faneca, and Thomas Jones that fit the same category. Heck even kicker Jay Feely was considered a leader, and is now gone.

Not only did they jettison the leaders of the team, but they replaced them with the likes of SanTokio Holmes, Baby Mama Chromartie, and LaWhinien Thomlinson.

We've talked about this the whole offseason, but with the game approaching, I wanted to post something, because......well, because the game is approaching. :) They have a talented defense, but they have the chemistry of a team just begging to implode.

I can't wait until Sunday!

Re: Jets Season Plan Greatly Flawed

When I heard all the "we will win the Super Bowl" talk coming out of Jets' camp this summer, I was struck with how misguided their approach was this offseason.

Remember how the discussion on the Patriots was about last years lack of leadership. Brady, Wilfolk, Mayo and others said they would step up in that aspect this year. Moreover, the team drafted no less than five players in the draft that were their college teams Team Captain. It was hugely important in their approach.

The Jets, by glaring contrast not only neglected this aspect of team building, but shot it to H***! They HAD some fantastic veteran team leaders. LS Dearth was very well respected veteran, who played 9 years with the Jets. They got rid of others like Tony Richardson, Leon Washington, Alan Faneca, and Thomas Jones that fit the same category. Heck even kicker Jay Feely was considered a leader, and is now gone.

Not only did they jettison the leaders of the team, but they replaced them with the likes of SanTokio Holmes, Baby Mama Chromartie, and LaWhinien Thomlinson.

We've talked about this the whole offseason, but with the game approaching, I wanted to post something, because......well, because the game is approaching. :) They have a talented defense, but they have the chemistry of a team just begging to implode.

Its really bizarre but for some reason they seem so concerned with impressing everyone through the media, almost like their job is to get elected a good football team by the general public.
Look at this week. They are coming out and talking strategy to the press. What kind of an OC announces in a press conference that he will bench anyone who fumbles?
What HC feels the need to respond publicly to someone who comments about his QB? I just cannot imagine a single other NFL HC who find it necessary to respond to an analysts opinion.
What QB would say 15-1 isnt bad after an abysmal performance in losing the opener, or then go on to talk to the media debating what the offense is going to be?
I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. I have been around people who are so desperate for attention that they embarass themselves just to get people to notice them, but never an entire football team, or its HC.
Just crazy, IMO

Its really bizarre but for some reason they seem so concerned with impressing everyone through the media, almost like their job is to get elected a good football team by the general public.
Look at this week. They are coming out and talking strategy to the press. What kind of an OC announces in a press conference that he will bench anyone who fumbles?
What HC feels the need to respond publicly to someone who comments about his QB? I just cannot imagine a single other NFL HC who find it necessary to respond to an analysts opinion.
What QB would say 15-1 isnt bad after an abysmal performance in losing the opener, or then go on to talk to the media debating what the offense is going to be?
I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. I have been around people who are so desperate for attention that they embarass themselves just to get people to notice them, but never an entire football team, or its HC.
Just crazy, IMO

Totally agree. It's quite strange. Let's sign name players, even if they made their name by failing a drug test, but we'll can the team leaders, because they are splashy enough.

Reason #1: Unsold PSL's?

I think it goes beyond that. I think Ryan wants to have fun rather than work hard. That seems to be their biggest flaw. Everything you heard and saw about their training camp, it was a party atmosphere where minor jackarsism was rewarded. Shakeweights and cheeseburgers at practice is just pathetic. Ryan joking around with Jason Taylor for showing up late repeatedly to practices. The coaching staff and Sanchez spending far too much time pulling practical jokes on each other.

I heard them compare Ryan to Brian Billick on the radio earlier today and saying that the swagger and trash talking under Billick didn't hurt the Ravens in getting a ring. One thing people missed is although Billick talked like Ryan, he coached like Belichick in that he had a lot of discipline and wouldn't put up with the crap that went on in Jets camp this year. Ryan talks like Billick and coaches like Pete Carroll did here. To win a championship, you need discipline and that is lacking with the Jets.

Wasn't he resigned before the start of the season.

Running your mouth never does any good. I don't know why anyone bothers with it. You either look stupid when you fail, or everyone hates you that much more when you win. The Jets should have just shut up this past offseason and tried to improve on their 9-7* season from '09. They're setting themselves up to be the biggest jokes of all-time with the amount of trash they talked.

Jets season plan greatly flawed

I'm not a professional coach, but if I were the coach of the Jets and I had a team lead by a 23 year old QB with confidence issues playing in one of the largest and most rabid and unforgiving media markets in the country, the LAST thing I do is announce that the team is going to the Super Bowl.

But that's just me.

With all the "me first" players they have, if they actually go 0-2 or 0-3, which is very possible it's going to begin to unravel and it will happen quickly. And it will be fun to watch from a safe distance. The jests fans are so desperate for a winning team that they'll believe anyone for a period of time. But once they realize they've been mislead... I'd feel sorry for them if it wasn't new york.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back