PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jets rookie RB McKnight failed conditioning test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a bit of information for you. A titanium rod is much less likely to snap than bone is..

As for where Washington is, well, the Seahawks TC starts tomorrow, so my guess is their conditioning runs are today... I'm sure we'll here whether Washington gets PUPed or not.

Are you trying to imply that having the rod put in his leg is a positive?

Maybe they can just get rid of his bones altogether and make a Robo Washington all star.:rocker:

i cant belive that Pats fans are so up in arms about maybe the 3rd string RB for the Jets...

he is just a rookey who didnt pass a condition test...the horror...i dont know how any of us will sleep at night knowing that McKnight didnt pass his test...

i cant belive that Pats fans are so up in arms about maybe the 3rd string RB for the Jets...

he is just a rookey who didnt pass a condition test...the horror...i dont know how any of us will sleep at night knowing that McKnight didnt pass his test...

He's a rookey? Another fine product of the New Jersey Educational System.

He puked before, due to being out of shape.

He's a small running back.

He STILL failed the conditioning test.

That's comedy, no matter what team the guy plays for.

Oh, yeah.........
:welcome:

could be,i just dont think its such a big deal,but thats only me.

if it makes you laugh,go for it.

could be,i just dont think its such a big deal,but thats only me.

if it makes you laugh,go for it.

Oh, stop already. If it was a Patriots player, you'd be all over it.

With some wondering if Green can stay healthy all season, and many wondering in Tomlinson is washed-up....this is, kind of/sort, of a big deal.

Last edited:
Once again I want to hear it for Tannenbaum's wonderful idea of trading an entire draft for two "gorgeous" picks. For the fifth year in a row, and 6 out of 7 years trading a draft for a single pick or two is working out fine for the Jest. That way you are sure to get the All-Pro players that you really want.

Postulate: All you have to do is Always pick the superior players.

Like "Da" Brick, David Harris, Darell Revis and the "Sanchize". Let's NOT talk about Roberson or McKnight, or Clemons or Gholston or rent-a-Favre.

Corrollary: you have to easily dump the "unproductive" players.
Let's NOT talk about players like Abraham, Penny, Jones, Faneca, Washington, or Rhodes.

With some wondering if Green can stay healthy all season, and many wondering in Tomlinson is washed-up....this is, kind of/sort, of a big deal.

there are planty of free agent rb's who can be signed during tc if needed, who will be just as good as McKnight in his first year.

i just dont think its a big deal.

They're FA's or cuts for a reason......this kid is right out of college...supposedly a future stud for the Jests backfield...
Tanny only had a few picks and he traded UP to grab him..

No big deal????

Surely you Jest :eek:

Yeah, unfortunately its looking bad right now.
Depends on your point of view, of course. From section 206 in Gillette, it's looking better and better.

Nope, he is 'implying' that the Jets made a horrible mistake letting Leon "Pats Killer" Washington go.

Don't make the mistake of thinking because someone had surgery that he cannot be good any more. Even weird surgery supporting body parts with foreign objects or other body parts. Think Tommy John.

You are going to so miss your two top RBs, but Pats fans won't.

Nope, he is 'implying' that the Jets made a horrible mistake letting Leon "Pats Killer" Washington go.

Don't make the mistake of thinking because someone had surgery that he cannot be good any more. Even weird surgery supporting body parts with foreign objects or other body parts. Think Tommy John.

You are going to so miss your two top RBs, but Pats fans won't.

You're getting just a bit ahead of yourself no?

I'm not even sure if Leon is ready for training camp and I'm sorry but when a smally shifty speed back needs rods in his leg to put him back together it's a pretty big deal. I hope for his sake he can overcome it and get the payday he was looking for in 09.

They're FA's or cuts for a reason......this kid is right out of college...supposedly a future stud for the Jests backfield...
Tanny only had a few picks and he traded UP to grab him..

No big deal????

Surely you Jest :eek:

i dont think this guy supposed to be a future stud
trading up is about value and team needs, but there is a difference between trading up in the first or 2nd round then doing it in the fourth.

he was drafted to be a part time rb for change of pace,players like that are dime a dozen.

he might be good,he might be terrible, anyway its not a big deal at the moment in my opinion.

Last edited:
Oh shoot! I forgot! The Jets have the greatest offensive line ever essembled. Therefore, this really is no big deal. Green can go down, LT can stay down and McKnight could suck. Does not matter. Jenkins could line up at rb and run for a 4.6 yd average with that all-world line. Sanchize doesn't need an effective run game to be productive anyway! Shoot - that play action would get even better! He's THAT good.

Last edited:
Right. Who needs a running game when the QB is guaranteed to go from
12TD/20Int to 25TD/10INTS in one season? I know it's true as I read it on JestInsider. :rolleyes:

And it looks like earlier reports were a bit embellished, shocking that the media would take a story and just run with it.;)

Anyway, got the update from a full article linked at the bottom.

Head coach Rex Ryan concurred that his rookie RB passed that pretest.

“Two weeks earlier, in 103 degrees, he actually ran the test and just blew it out of the water,” Ryan said at his midday news conference. “He’s a young man, he gets a little hyped up sometimes. He did that first minicamp — run the ball, throw up, run the ball, throw up. But this is an impressive kid now. He did some great things today. He hits the hole, he does some nice things, he catches the ball. He had a drop, too. But he’s a talent. He’s a 210-pound back not just a 180-pound guy.”

Even after sweating away some pounds this morning, McKnight might still be tipping the scales at 210. His beard is not nearly as full as Braylon Edwards’ impressive growth, but it’s getting there.

New York Jets | Randy's Radar Blog | McKnight Gets His Feet Under Him

And it looks like earlier reports were a bit embellished, shocking that the media would take a story and just run with it.;)

Anyway, got the update from a full article linked at the bottom.

Head coach Rex Ryan concurred that his rookie RB passed that pretest.

“Two weeks earlier, in 103 degrees, he actually ran the test and just blew it out of the water,” Ryan said at his midday news conference. “He’s a young man, he gets a little hyped up sometimes. He did that first minicamp — run the ball, throw up, run the ball, throw up. But this is an impressive kid now. He did some great things today. He hits the hole, he does some nice things, he catches the ball. He had a drop, too. But he’s a talent. He’s a 210-pound back not just a 180-pound guy.”

Even after sweating away some pounds this morning, McKnight might still be tipping the scales at 210. His beard is not nearly as full as Braylon Edwards’ impressive growth, but it’s getting there.

New York Jets | Randy's Radar Blog | McKnight Gets His Feet Under Him

I don't believe anything Ryan says anymore after he talked up John Connor after the first day camp as if he was Daryl "Moose" Johnston, Larry Csonka, and Lorenzo Neal all rolled into one. He already annointed Connor a huge draft homerun after one practice. And I am not exaggerated what he said about Connor. Rex Ryan is the biggest Jets homer in the world.

Last edited:
I don't believe anything Ryan says anymore after he talked up John Connor after the first day camp as if he was Daryl "Moose" Johnston, Larry Csonka, and Lorenzo Neal all rolled into one. He already annointed Connor a huge draft homerun after one practice. And I am not exaggerated what he said about Connor. Rex Ryan is the biggest Jets homer in the world.

not that it means anything but i belive Ryan anytime over the Pats coach who is a proven lier(mostly on his personal life)

Maybe they can just get rid of his bones altogether and make a Robo Washington all star.:rocker:

Damn straight, I had my bones replaced with titanium years ago and I never once regretted it.

not that it means anything but i belive Ryan anytime over the Pats coach who is a proven lier(mostly on his personal life)

You're right, it doesn't mean anything. Why are you still here?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye