PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jets player says Stevie Johnson's TD celebration insensitive to 911 victims

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was a 9/11 "survivor" I'd be pissed at Pouha for stretching beyond reason for that connection. I'd also be pissed at memories of the tragedy being soiled by association with the New Jersey Green Beans. Out of respect and sensitivity, they should change their name from Jets to something else so this kind of nonsense never comes up again.

This might be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard any athlete try to make a complaint about. That dance had nothing to do with 9/11 at all and the guy should be ashamed for even trying to correlate the two.

Agree completely. Hey, while he's at it, why doesn't he lobby for a team name change? Surely, the name Jets is insensitive to 9/11 victims as well.

Eta: we posted at the same time, Tune.

Last edited:
If Johnson's celebration (crash and all) was disrespectful to the victims of 9/11, then isn't the whole Santonio Holmes' celebration insensitive in the first place? What an idiot; if I was from NY I'd have to debate between being offended or just accepting that this guy is too stupid to form a coherent thought.

Last edited:
Exploiting an unspeakable human tragedy for one's own personal grudge?

Nice, Pouha.

Preaching to the choir here but the Jets flipping suck. That was the best end zone celebration ever. The Jets and their coaches talk smack off and on the field all season. When ever a player from another team respond they are crucified by the media and the Jets. Talk about a double standard.

That POS Merrel Hodge actually said he would cut Johnson if he were the coach. Unbelievable!!

Too bad the Bills couldn't pull off the upset.

Preaching to the choir here but the Jets flipping suck. That was the best end zone celebration ever. The Jets and their coaches talk smack off and on the field all season. When ever a player from another team respond they are crucified by the media and the Jets. Talk about a double standard.

That POS Merrel Hodge actually said he would cut Johnson if he were the coach. Unbelievable!!

Too bad the Bills couldn't pull off the upset.

if Stevie Johnson was a Steeler, Hoge would be saying that he deserves a huge contract extension for that act. He is a fraud.

You nailed it.

Why didn't a reporter that was there ask Pouha if his first thoughts are about 911 whenever Holmes celebrates a touchdown as well?

If you're going to have a choreographed, pre-planned trademark touchdown celebration, then expect and be prepared for opponents to mock it when they score. If that is going to bother you then don't have a signature celebration; just use an old-fashioned generic one.

Or better yet, just do what Barry Sanders would do when he scored one of his 110 touchdowns: hand the ball to the ref and jog back to the bench.

arms spread, wing fashioned, 911 mockery on the field is something the jets take pride in and fans applaud.

Johnson highlighting their twisted form of patriotism only caused more jet heads to be scratched.

I hope the media drags that jet clowns name threw the prime time mud. story makes my blood boil

maybe if Mendenhall did it I could understand.

eiw6jq.jpg

Only the brain of a moron connects a mocking football celebration dance with a national catastrophe from 2001.

Hell, I'm more blown away that he didn't claim the family of Amelia Earhart was insulted.

Agree completely. Hey, while he's at it, why doesn't he lobby for a team name change? Surely, the name Jets is insensitive to 9/11 victims as well.

Eta: we posted at the same time, Tune.

pouha must really hate the yankees ; bronx bombers.

If anyone's being offensive it's the idiot who even brought 911 into the discussion. Johnson mocked Plaxico and the Jets, that was it.

Probably my favorite TD celebration to date btw, it's just too bad he made a complete fool of himself with the drop on the last drive.

If anyone's being offensive it's the idiot who even brought 911 into the discussion. Johnson mocked Plaxico and the Jets, that was it.

Probably my favorite TD celebration to date btw, it's just too bad he made a complete fool of himself with the drop on the last drive.

Yeah, losing the game was the ultimate embarrassment after that display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back