PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jets owner thanks fans with gift, Rex gives Fireman Ed game ball from Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Jets owner thanks fans with gift, Rex gives Fireman Ed game ball from Super B

Funny stuff...
No doubt that since 2002, the Pats have been a better football team than the Jets (see Mo Lewis). But, when you want to get into a discussion on fans, Pats lose big time.

The Jets have sold out every game since 1978, despite moving 30 miles away from there historical fan base. The Pats only started selling out when Parcells arrived, and many New Englanders admit loyalty to another team because the Pats were blacked out so often when they were growing up.

While the Pats don't have PSL's, they have the highest average ticket prices in the league, the highest parking prices (outside Dallas) in the league, and offer the fans the worst access into and out of the stadium in all of professional sports. Kraft has found more creative ways to bleed money out of a fan base than any owner in the league...at least with PSL's Woody and Mara have been upfront about it.

You can give Jets fans all the hazing you want to, but they have been there through thick and thin. Let's see what happens to the loyalty of Pats nation when Brady is done and the 6-10 seasons set in. If your stadium is still full then your fan base will have stepped up from a band waggon base.

That's a very detailed and long sermon.

I'll answer you with a 9 word question:

Why did Ryan have to phone the fans, then? ;)

Take your time digesting the truth of that.

Re: OT: Jets owner thanks fans with gift, Rex gives Fireman Ed game ball from Super B

That's a very detailed and long sermon.

I'll answer you with a 9 word question:

Why did Ryan have to phone the fans, then? ;)

Take your time digesting the truth of that.

:rofl::rofl: Good one. He's probably thinking it was a special occasion, anticipating that if they did well enough, they just might get some FREE computer wallpaper from Woody "Floppy" Johnson.

Funny stuff...
No doubt that since 2002, the Pats have been a better football team than the Jets (see Mo Lewis). But, when you want to get into a discussion on fans, Pats lose big time.

The Jets have sold out every game since 1978, despite moving 30 miles away from there historical fan base. The Pats only started selling out when Parcells arrived, and many New Englanders admit loyalty to another team because the Pats were blacked out so often when they were growing up.

While the Pats don't have PSL's, they have the highest average ticket prices in the league, the highest parking prices (outside Dallas) in the league, and offer the fans the worst access into and out of the stadium in all of professional sports. Kraft has found more creative ways to bleed money out of a fan base than any owner in the league...at least with PSL's Woody and Mara have been upfront about it.

You can give Jets fans all the hazing you want to, but they have been there through thick and thin. Let's see what happens to the loyalty of Pats nation when Brady is done and the 6-10 seasons set in. If your stadium is still full then your fan base will have stepped up from a band waggon base.
"...been there through thick and thin.."? Tell me, when the hell has the "thick" been?

"...been there through thick and thin.."? Tell me, when the hell has the "thick" been?

Parcells was pretty thick around the middle, but wouldn't hold a candle to Tubby Wrecks. Then again, Kotite, Herm and Tubby Ratfink were pretty thick in the head. You're right, his post needs clarification.

WTF?! Rex gave Ed the game ball? From when, where, and how did he do it? I don't ever remember reading about this happening, but yet its in my thread title.... OMG!! I think I'm losing it, I cant...am I? They're watching you!

Seriously though, to whoever changed the title for the thread. +100 dkp for being cute.

Looks like the Jets are going to 3-0.

To be honest, if they continue to play other teams the way they are today, then seeing how we played them, could actually turn out to be a bright spot and not as negative as a lot of people claimed it to be.

They are a very interesting team to look out for this yr, and I cant wait until our Pats play them again.

Re: Jets Owner Thanx the fans w/ a gift.

This is actually pathetic. I'd be embarrassed if the Patriots treated a win over a rival team like the Jets have, both leading up to the game and after.

I guess that's what 40 years of nothing does to you.

guess that excuses the red sox fans...how long before they beat the yanks? near a century.

Ack. When are the Jets going to revert to being the Jets? It will happen but when? Hopefully before the end of the season. I am not too worried; in a year or two Belichick will have cooked Ryan's goose and Rex-y will be driven out of town the way all Jets coaches are...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes