PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jets owner thanks fans with gift, Rex gives Fireman Ed game ball from Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jets Owner Thanx the fans w/ a gift.

Wow, a wallpaper showing a gameball. That's amazing.

Almost makes up for those PSL's their season ticketholders are getting held up for in the new stadium next year........

This is actually pathetic. I'd be embarrassed if the Patriots treated a win over a rival team like the Jets have, both leading up to the game and after.

I guess that's what 40 years of nothing does to you.

Last edited:

oooh. Cheating...

ooops..................should have mentioned Atlanta...............the team and outpost,no one cares about.

Is it still in Florida?

And when a metaphor goes rancid, the doggies keep licking away at it regardless.
Have to admit though. I go to a lot of forums...and each has there own flavor/personality. Some for better, some for worse (most sites have a little thats bad, and a little thats good).

This one has its good:
knowlegable fans, some really friendly
and its bad:
a bit pompous, a bit hypocritical

I guess pompous just comes with winning.

They are all fun regardless. I spent the last week browsing and learning from Panties fans, so I would have to say this is a step up.

BTW, no offense intended JSn, but it wasnt until this morning (been here since Monday) that I finally realized you werent sucking on your middle and ring finger in your avatar. The depth perception was a little off. Anyway, I had to laugh for a sec when I actually took a second to look closer.

Wow, a wallpaper showing a gameball. That's amazing.

Almost makes up for those PSL's their season ticketholders are getting held up for in the new Giants stadium next year........

Fixed.

ooops..................should have mentioned Atlanta...............the team and outpost,no one cares about.

Is it still in Florida?
Several ways of smack I could go with that but I will just smile and take it on the chin.

Lets just say population is booming...and the team is finally getting more run (#3, #4 on most power rankings I have seen this week)...and this time it aint some one man gimmick show. I just hope they can keep it up. Its fun to be a part of.

The Jets can have their week 2 wallpaper, I'll take a Pats SB 44 wallpaper instead!

BTW, no offense intended JSn, but it wasnt until this morning (been here since Monday) that I finally realized you werent sucking on your middle and ring finger in your avatar. The depth perception was a little off. Anyway, I had to laugh for a sec when I actually took a second to look closer.

Ahha... yeah, I burnt them on some poutine.

Several ways of smack I could go with that but I will just smile and take it on the chin.

Lets just say population is booming...and the team is finally getting more run (#3, #4 on most power rankings I have seen this week)...and this time it aint some one man gimmick show. I just hope they can keep it up. Its fun to be a part of.

just a little tickle...............I actually picked Atlanta to be in the SB for the NFC...........playing the AFCE is ging to be a problem,though.

i dont know whats the gift was but even just a thanks is cool

pats fans will never be so loud that a team cant even run a play

we where about 30 sec away from booing brady week one VS the bills

and if they say they won there super bowl thats just respect for the pats

the pats did not even win the AFC east last year

but the jets know that if they cant even beat the pats at home they cant win the AFC east and maybe not even

make the playoffs so yes this was there SB

and a lot of the talking they did was more respect then trash talk

Hey Jets fans, we have awarded you the gameball from last Sunday. Oh yeah, don't forget that your $1,000 to $20,000 per seat PSL payment is due next week. Remember if you don't support us, we cannot spend the couple hundred of bucks it cost us to give you a free gameball wallpaper.

just a little tickle...............I actually picked Atlanta to be in the SB for the NFC...........playing the AFCE is ging to be a problem,though.
Bold prediction. I dont really know what to think now. I guess the sky is kind of the limit, although I dont think we belong in the top 5. Prior to the season I looked at the weaknesses on defense and the tough schedule and saw 9-7 as a solid prediction. Might still be.

The lifelong Falcons fan in me predicts 8-8, just because predicting back to back winning seasons is like predicting the Cardinals in the Super Bowl. Its bound to happen eventually (like last season), but you arent sure if it would happen in your lifetime. It wasnt but about 3 years ago we started the season 6-2 and still didnt get back to back winning seasons, finishing 8-8.

My goal hierarchy for the Falcons goes: 1- Winning season 2- Playoffs 3- Bye...I am not to the point of playoff depth predictions.

See, when your team isnt in the middle of a dynasty, its the little things like beating the rival Pats in week 2 that can raise your spirits and give you a reason to party. Im sure it isnt a popular opinion here, but I can actually sympathize with your hated Jets fans there. If you are going to be a fan of an NFL team, chances are you will have to find some little things to be really happy about to keep yourself sane...cause only a few teams are really good for very long.

Last edited:

We need a Jets nonsense sub-board.

Bold prediction. I dont really know what to think now. I guess the sky is kind of the limit, although I dont think we belong in the top 5. Prior to the season I looked at the weaknesses on defense and the tough schedule and saw 9-7 as a solid prediction. Might still be.

The lifelong Falcons fan in me predicts 8-8, just because predicting back to back winning seasons is like predicting the Cardinals in the Super Bowl. Its bound to happen eventually (like last season), but you arent sure if it would happen in your lifetime. It wasnt but about 3 years ago we started the season 6-2 and still didnt get back to back winning seasons, finishing 8-8.

See, when your team isnt in the middle of a dynasty, its the little things like beating the rival Pats in week 2 that can raise your spirits and give you a reason to party. Im sure it isnt a popular opinion here, but I can actually sympathize with your hated Jets fans there. If you are going to be a fan of an NFL team, chances are you will have to find some little things to be really happy about to keep yourself sane...cause only a few teams are really good for very long.

Couldn't agree more with everything here.

My goal hierarchy for the Falcons goes: 1- Winning season 2- Playoffs 3- Bye...I am not to the point of playoff depth predictions.

If every opposings teams fans were like you this forum would be better off.

I have a soft spot for the Falcons. I enjoyed watching June Jones and Jeff George's version of the Run and Shoot; Jamal Anderson and Chris Chandler lead the team to the Super Bowl; and Michael Vick run wild while Dan Reeves was coaching them.

However, my team needs a win this week...it should be a good game. Good luck the rest of the year, though.

The inferiority complex continues....

I have a soft spot for the Falcons. I enjoyed watching June Jones and Jeff George's version of the Run and Shoot; Jamal Anderson and Chris Chandler lead the team to the Super Bowl; and Michael Vick run wild while Dan Reeves was coaching them.

However, my team needs a win this week...it should be a good game. Good luck the rest of the year, though.
Thanks blackglass! Humbling compliment. We have had some fun gimmicks to watch over the years.

I second that opinion. The Falcons have been a class organization and have generally appeared to be on the upswing, with the exception of the Michael Vick debacle that set the team back a bit. And the "Dirty Birds" in the Jamal Anderson era were a likable group. I was actually hoping Anderson would join the Pats in 2002 after his injury to see what he could do.

But for this week, I hope the Pats deal them a loss. The Falcons can anticipate my support later in the seasons when they play the Bills and Jets.

Re: OT: Jets owner thanks fans with gift

I'm sure that all of us who to Gillette and sees the THREE recent Lombardi Trophies gleamining in their cases must sadly mumble how it just doesn't match up with a computer wallpaper gameball from week #2 of a season. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes