PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jets or Redskins... Who got the better deal this past week?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which team had the better deal this week..Jets or Redskins?

• The Jets with Holmes

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • The Redskins with McNabb

Votes: 25 52.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure. You'd always pick the quarterback as they are far more valuable and important to a side than a receiver. That said, the Holmes deal looks pretty good.

Maybe you need to read that again, Brady didn't even play his rookie year.

Yeah simple question, better DEAL, the DEAL. What does it matter if the Jets are closer to being good than Skins? That isn't the question. That has absolutely nothing to do with the deal itself, neither does age, McNabb is still in his prime and so is Holmes and they are both 1 year deals. Look if the Bills had done the same deal I would say the Bill got a better deal than the Jets, it has nothing to do with my feelings for the Jets.

The Redskins are getting a Pro Bowl player for a FULL season the Jets are getting an excellent receiver for 3/4's of the season. You tell me what is easier to find Pro Bowl QB or up and coming receiver? Now what position has a FAR, FAR greater impact? Thank you, McNabb is the better deal.

Last edited:
If playing to his standards is puking all over the field during the potential game-tying drive of Super Bowl, then yes.

Now's the part where you list off the QBs who are talented enough to get the Eagles to the SB in the first place. I'm not a huge McNabb fan, and I think he's overrated, but he's a top-10 QB. it's a lot easier to find a WR, even a very talented one, than that caliber of quarterback.

Last edited:
Maybe this would be an easier example for you to understand. Pretend you are the GM of the Browns for a second. You have huge needs at QB and WR. You get phone calls from the Eagles and Steelers at the same moment and they are offering you the deals that went down for the Skins and Jets respectively. Both players are entering the last year of their deals with no guarantee either will resign, you know Holmes will be suspended for the first four games and has a suspect reputation. You know McNabb is getting a little older and has a reputation of not being able to win the big one. You are only able to make one of these deals. Who do you take i.e. what is the better deal?

this certainly is confusing....maybe I'd ask the drug dealer since childhood what to do

Maybe you need to read that again, Brady didn't even play his rookie year.

Wrong....Technically Brady DID play his rookie year
...1 pass completed out of 3 for 6 yards in 2000

There is confusion here because peolle are interpreting the poll differently. People see "better deal" and some look at the deal in isolation and purely what a team got vs. what they gave up. Others look at "better deal" as meaning "more important deal" and how that deal will improve the team as a whole.

It's seems obvious to me Holmes was slam-dunk the "better deal" but McNab was the "more important deal". McNab's presence could add 5 wins for WAS whereas Holmes will probably only be good for a couple, if that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back