PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jets' Leon Washington carted off the field [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another JET player went out for a season with a leg injury.............. So F**king what. As a Patriot fan, I don't really give a crap. Is he a nice guy? Probably, but who cares............ like BB say's "he don't play for us". Why are we even worrying about it.

All these "tsk, tsk" fans that are chastising the OP, and waxing poetic about "what a nice guy" Washington is, give yourselves a rest. Who cares if the guy is out for the season........ that is the JETS problem, not ours. We should meet the news with the shrug of the shoulders, nothing more. Football is a violent sport and people get hurt every week, all we need to concern ourselves with is the ones that effect our team. Perhaps the smiley face was not needed, but this chastising the OP is silly.

Then again, those that are screaming loudest are the same as those in the gameday thread screaming at Brady and the offense for their "pathetic" 35-7 performance today.

This board has become a joke. You can't tell the trolls from the fans anymore. :mad:

If you paid any attention to what your criticizing, you'd understand that no one was criticizing the OP.

It was all about the subsequent poster who CELEBRATED the injury in post #8. It was not as you put it a "shrug of the shoulders, nothing more."

Get your facts straight.

Last edited:
even after the brady injury, i've still felt that rooting for injuries was bad comportment. BUT, i hate the new jersey jets with a fiery white hot passion that can only be measured in kelvin. for something bad to happen to any and all ny and nj franchises makes my heart go all a twitter. they are the devil incarnate. they've ruined baseball with their cheating and thankfully their cheating has not transfered to wins in the nfl. they suck, and f' them.

I'm curious to hear what my JEST co-worker will say when I see him this afternoon. And was Sanchez really eating a hot dog during the 4th quarter?

I have no love for the Jets. I live in Manhattan and have to deal with their obnoxious fans all year. But, career-threatening injuries (as the NY press is calling it this morning) to NFL players aren't an occasion for celebration (no matter how badly the Jets' idiot followers reacted to TB's injury last year).

I hope Washington recovers well and plays again.

If you paid any attention to what your criticizing, you'd understand that no one was criticizing the OP.

It was all about the subsequent poster who CELEBRATED the injury in post #8. It was not as you put it a "shrug of the shoulders, nothing more."

Get your facts straight.

Get your facts straight, INDEED.......

Notice that this is a MERGED THREAD, and perhaps my comment were directed at that OP in a thread that was rolled into this one. :rolleyes:

Perhaps you were to busy telling everyone to pay attention to pay attention yourself.

I have no love for the Jets. I live in Manhattan and have to deal with their obnoxious fans all year. But, career-threatening injuries (as the NY press is calling it this morning) to NFL players aren't an occasion for celebration (no matter how badly the Jets' idiot followers reacted to TB's injury last year).

I hope Washington recovers well and plays again.

Agreed, career ending is terrible......... if it is that.

but it would have to be a REALLY bad break to end his career. I didn't see it, so I don't know. Time will tell? Was it a clean hit. I still don't think its all that big a deal. Fan cheering, booing or anything else has ZERO effect, certainly as it relates to injuries that just "happen" as a result of the game. Cheering for cheap hits, chop blocks and other stuff that COULD injue is a totally different thing.

Was this injury the result of a "cheap" play?

Last edited:
Get your facts straight, INDEED.......

Notice that this is a MERGED THREAD, and perhaps my comment were directed at that OP in a thread that was rolled into this one. :rolleyes:

Perhaps you were to busy telling everyone to pay attention to pay attention yourself.

In that case, my apologies. Someone must have merged the threads and there is no way to tell which thread is which inside of it. Would you like me to edit the "OP" mention in your post or would you like to do it?

Last edited:
I sent the smiley face thread to the Practice Squad forum where it belongs.The OP started a new thread without the celebration and smiley and it was merged into this one.

I hate the Jets. Anything bad that happens to them is OK with me.

But wishing injuries on players and celebrating a season ending injury to a player with smiley faces, just doesn't belong on this board. We have been though this several times over the years and the vast majority of posters here agree that doing that should not be part of what we are about on this forum.

Last edited:
:agree::agree:
But wishing injuries on players and celebrating a season ending injury to a player with smiley faces, just doesn't belong on this board. We have been though this several times over the years and the vast majority of posters here agree that doing that should not be part of what we are about on this forum.

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

i heard he's bone went through he's foot he had to have emergency surgery that day

this is not just a season ending type thing he may never be the same again

i fell bad for the guy

I sent the smiley face thread to the Practice Squad forum where it belongs.The OP started a new thread without the celebration and smiley and it was merged into this one.

Absolutely. We say we have more class than the idiot Jets' fans. Let's show it.

Yet another screaming example of why I think there is going to be a labor stoppage. Washington was in his walk year, ll set to cash in as a free agent next year. And now he will belucky to play again. A guy who outplayed his rookie contract by miles, and will end up with nothing to show for it.

They really should put some sort of injury/disability pay into the next collective bargaining agreement. Everyone makes enough money to take care of the guys who get hurt before they can "cash in".

Yet another screaming example of why I think there is going to be a labor stoppage. Washington was in his walk year, ll set to cash in as a free agent next year. And now he will belucky to play again. A guy who outplayed his rookie contract by miles, and will end up with nothing to show for it.

They really should put some sort of injury/disability pay into the next collective bargaining agreement. Everyone makes enough money to take care of the guys who get hurt before they can "cash in".

Suffice to say, it's going to be a very busy offseason at the NFL headquarters.

stop thinking outside the box. critical thinking is not appreciated. the only question is " does the loss of washington help or hurt the blowhards from the toxic waste dump in nj."

In that case, my apologies. Someone must have merged the threads and there is no way to tell which thread is which inside of it. Would you like me to edit the "OP" mention in your post or would you like to do it?

No sweat..... one of the pitfalls of merged threads. It's all good. Thanks for the acknowledgement. I'll just add and edit.

You know........... That's kinda the whole point in this. There is a fine line between not minding (or caring) that someone gets hurt and cheering for someone "to get hurt".

For example, for me...... I won't lie, when Penny went down earlier this year, my first thought wasn't "gee, I hope he's okay, he's a really nice guy", it was much closer to "Hmmmm, hopefully it'll keep him out of the games we play against the Dofins, cuz he always takes his game to another level when he plays us". Nobody "set out" to hurt him, his injury was one of those that just happens in the game. Injuries suck, but they are a somewhat expected reality.

Is that wrong for me to think that? I don't necessarily think so. At the very least, it's certainly not in the same league celebrating a player that "goes low" on a QB (like Pollard did), and cheering for that injury. I had no problem with other fans if their attitude last year was "cool, least we don't have to worry about Brady this year". I do have a problem with "Pollard Fan Club" t-shirts getting printed basically celebrating this guy's cheap shot on Brady. BIG difference.

Football is a violent sport and injuries are GONNA happen in violent sports, you just hope they happen to "the other guy" and not us. In this case, the other guy happened to be a "nice guy" on the Jets. It is what it is ;)

Also, for those sounding the death knell on him, don't forget Sproles had a devastating injury to the same bone in 2006. He made it back just fine. I'm hoping Washington does too (just not until next year ;) )

Last edited:

First, the guy broke his leg, didn't lose his leg. A broken leg is usually easier to come back from than a torn ACL. Washington barring some freak complication will definitely play again.

Second, this type of thing will most likely not be addressed in the next CBA discussions. The NFLPA does provide their own compensation for players who are forced into retirement due to injuries already. There will never be a league run disability plan. Also, being in his contract year, Washington could have bought insurance from Lloyds of London against injuries like this (he may very well have). Many athletes on the verge of free agency insure themselves in case of injury based on their perceived value.

Third, the Jets did offer Washington a new contract for $4 million a year which he refused before the season. If I was Washington, I would have refused it too seeing how Michael Turner worked out as LT's back up and then cashing in as a free agent getting more than Washington was offered. But this isn't a case of a team refusing to renegotiate with a player who is under a rookie deal. The Jets wanted to extend him, but their idea of his value and his idea were not on the same page.

Re: OT: Jets Leon Washington carted off the field (merged)

Ha ha, I celebrate every Jest injury. Sorry, I hate them and wish them nothing but the worst.
That's really not cool mate. Injuries are the worst.. because then they give supporters something to hang their hats on with the "we weren't at full strength excuse, that's why you beat us".. as well as the injury to the player themself.

Not a cool comment.

Awful. Now instead of a solid player, some unproven rookie is going to get paid and while Leon wonders if he'll ever play again.

The money needs to go toward proven value and disability funds.

Re: OT: Jets Leon Washington carted off the field (merged)

That's really not cool mate. Injuries are the worst.. because then they give supporters something to hang their hats on with the "we weren't at full strength excuse, that's why you beat us".. as well as the injury to the player themself.

Not a cool comment.
Whatever. As I have said, if he's out for the year and will return to full health then I'm happy about it. If it's a long term career threatening thing then I'm not. Somehow I don't believe all Patriots' fans are rooting for their opponents' full health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back