PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jets' Leon Washington carted off the field [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Jets' Leon Washington carted off the field [merged]

Sucks to see anyone hurt, but I'm not sad to see it make the jests just that much weaker, IE sympathy for the player, not the team.

Maybe BB can work out a deal with him now. I mean, I'm sure the jests wouldn't mind considering that's how they typically do business. ;)

This is his 4th year in the league so would he be a RFA next year with the uncapped year???I think it will take much longer than 12 weeks to recover. I think Michael Bush recovery time was about a year...

Last edited:
Another JET player went out for a season with a leg injury.............. So F**king what. As a Patriot fan, I don't really give a crap. Is he a nice guy? Probably, but who cares............ like BB say's "he don't play for us". Why are we even worrying about it.

All these "tsk, tsk" fans that are chastising the OP, and waxing poetic about "what a nice guy" Washington is, give yourselves a rest. Who cares if the guy is out for the season........ that is the JETS problem, not ours. We should meet the news with the shrug of the shoulders, nothing more. Football is a violent sport and people get hurt every week, all we need to concern ourselves with is the ones that effect our team. Perhaps the smiley face was not needed, but this chastising the OP is silly.

Then again, those that are screaming loudest are the same as those in the gameday thread screaming at Brady and the offense for their "pathetic" 35-7 performance today.

This board has become a joke. You can't tell the trolls from the fans anymore. :mad:

Last edited:
Then again, those that are screaming loudest are the same as those in the gameday thread screaming at Brady and the offense for their "pathetic" 35-7 performance today.

Actually, I think it's the same ones who thought the "Bernard Pollard Fan Club" bit was shameful. Which is consistent and proper.

It's fine to be happy about the effect of the loss on the Jets and their fans, but laughing about the injury itself is pretty low.

Hate the Jets, team, fans and org but best wishes to Leon.
It's a game.
Injuries to stars Leon, Jenkins et. al. diminish the entertainment value of the game.

Actually, I think it's the same ones who thought the "Bernard Pollard Fan Club" bit was shameful. Which is consistent and proper.

It's fine to be happy about the effect of the loss on the Jets and their fans, but laughing about the injury itself is pretty low.

who laughed... i sure hell did not. I was happy thou. I did not realize the bone popped through until somebody made it bold and pointed it out. Their loss is our gain. Just remember the Brady haters, but this is much less significant of a loss.

agreed, laughing might be over the top, but I didn't get that there was all that much laughing here........... and personally, I was never offended by the Berny Pollard stuff. It's not like any of them actually "went low" on Brady themselves and caused the injury.

Who cares what others think. If Washington's leg was torn off at the knee, well then I'd send him flowers myself. But the fact that he busted his leg, playing the most violent sport in the biz............ Sorry, I'm just not gonna cry rivulets of tears for him either. And I'm certainly not gonna chastised fellow PATRIOTS fan on their opinion..........

For the record................ I personally would not expect any JET fan to "morn" us for losses we may suffer. This year or any other.

Injuries are PART OF THIS GAME.

Last edited:

Leon's injury leads to another man's opportunity. Shonn Green (Who?) 26 yrd td run, 21-0

Actually Shonn Greene was a very well known RB for Iowa last yr who ran for over 2000 yards. He led all of division 1 college football for most of the year before UConn's Donald Brown (went to INDY) took over the rushing lead late in the year.

Greene was predicted to go in the 2nd rd, and when the 2nd rd ended, the NYJ traded up immediately to take him as the #1 pick in the 3rd rd. He is expected to be a playmaker, and now has his shot.

Agreed 100%. Washington was a day-2 pick in 2006 and has been a tremendous performer through 4 modestly paid years, doing his job despite his contract frustrations. A devastating injury now could change the whole course of his life.

Not only does that suck for Washington, it's an example that's bound to stick in the minds of every other player who finds himself in a similar situation.

Yup- when a guy holds out, this is why. Honestly, I can't really blame any player that holds out in a contract year. It's just playing it conservative- playing out your contract year can be the smartest thing you ever did if you have a big year, but if you got hurt you're totally screwed.

Egh, compound fracture? I get queasy thinking about that stuff. I would love to see him here next year regardless, though.

Hmm. Maybe this means that the Jets are hesitant to offer him and new contract this offseason and he comes up to New England to get to play his former team twice a year and be on a contender.

Hmm. Maybe this means that the Jets are hesitant to offer him and new contract this offseason and he comes up to New England to get to play his former team twice a year and be on a contender.

Ooooh, ye speaketh evil... :D

ESPN reported at 11pm that its a fractured leg and he is done for the season. If there is one guy I can feel bad for on that team its him

sure hell would be an upgrade over Maroney

Re: The Jets...F**k their misery. Karma's a *****.

I wish Leon a solid recovery at the end of the year. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the backfield with Brady.

Last edited:

This!^^^^^

I'm glad the Jets are weakened but I feel bad for Leon. When that guy has the ball in his hands he scares me as much as any player in the league. He's like a younger, faster Kevin Faulk. I hope he recovers fully and leaves the Jets.

I'm glad the Jets are weakened but I feel bad for Leon. When that guy has the ball in his hands he scares me as much as any player in the league. He's like a younger, faster Kevin Faulk. I hope he recovers fully and leaves the Jets.

And comes to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back