PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jets Holmes throws offensive line under the bus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally wonder if Ryan has the balls to do what Belichick would do in this situation. Belichick would have no problem with stripping Holmes of his captain's title and/or benching Holmes at least for a period of time during the game. So far Ryan has used the star system in his punishments. Holmes has seen no punishment for repeatedly throwing teammates and coaches under the bus, but Mason gets benched and then traded.

I sure hope he does. Because with the culture they've built in that locker room, where it's ok to say whatever you want whenever you want, punishing someone for doing so might lose that team for him.

they're probably going to beat miami , then beat my chargers

after that, who knows

If the Chargers can't beat the Jets, I say that the Chargers should be demoted to the PAC and Oregon promoted to the AFC West... :D

they're probably going to beat miami , then beat my chargers

after that, who knows

I really dont think Revis will handle Jackson on his own.....that could make a difference in that game

How is this scum bag a captain?

Darn man, as much as I would love to see the Phins pull this out, I doubt they win, they dont have a Qb and really never had a QB.

Their running game has been pretty pathetic as well. Fingers crossed tho.
Brandon Marshall says hes going to play hard and maybe get ejected lol

Good timing if I may add!

Darn man, as much as I would love to see the Phins pull this out, I doubt they win, they dont have a Qb and really never had a QB.

Their running game has been pretty pathetic as well. Fingers crossed tho.
Brandon Marshall says hes going to play hard and maybe get ejected lol

Good timing if I may add!

Actually, when Daniel Thomas is healthy, they have a pretty good running game. The problem is he hasn't been injured.

Actually, when Daniel Thomas is healthy, they have a pretty good running game. The problem is he hasn't been injured.

Well I hope he gets healthy for this game Lol

nikolai-albums-nikolai-s-stuff-picture806-jestimplosion.jpg

Suckage and implosion go through Denver?

Well I hope he gets healthy for this game Lol

He has been practicing this week. A good sign especially since the Jets' run defense sucks although they can afford to put eight in the box vs. the Dolphins.

I have to say I am impressed with Holmes. It took nearly a week after a loss this week for him to throw a teammate or a coach under the bus. He guy is starting to show restraint.

So much for the Mason trade sending a message to the locker room that no one is safe. Holmes knows he cannot be cut or traded and will continue to show why the Steelers dumped the guy.

The funny thing is people on this board blasted Belichick for not trading for this guy. This guy is a worse locker room cancer than Adalius Thomas.

The message that it sent is that if you completely suck and don't have a big contract, they can and will get rid of you. Holmes, meanwhile, can keep earning that captain's badge however he chooses, because his contract is too big to fail :p

If being a scum bag disqualifies you from being a team captain, the Jets wouldn't have any team captains.

Nor would they have a head coach to appoint the captains .. Or an owner to hire the head coach ... Or a GM to oversee the implosion. :eek:

Holmes says Jets' line keeps passing game grounded

A Monday night loss would completely fracture that team's spine, and man do I hope it happens.

No wonder the Steelers shipped his butt out of town. He is the definition of 'lockerroom cancer'. You don't throw your OL under the bus to the press if your team is struggling and you want to win. You keep that kind of grousing in-house.

Last edited:
Here's the big difference between the Jets and the Pats.

On the Jets, Rex selects the team captains in order to create a cadre of appointed "leaders" who take their cues from him. Thus, Sanchez and Holmes being captains even though neither of them have earned any kind of leadership stripes from their teammates.

On the Patriots, the players elect captains who best represent them based on demonstrated leadership on the field and in the locker room. When Patriots captains speak, they do so with the knowledge that their own peers put them in that position.

It's pretty obvious which method is more effective based on what's going on in Jersey right now.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes