PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jets/Giants game logistics

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhpatsfan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance. The two teams share a stadium, correct? So when they play, which season ticket holders get their seats? Does it count as a home game for both teams? Do the ticket holders who don't get their seats get a discount that year?
Thanks in advance.

Re: OT - Jets/Giants game logistics

Just like any in any other situation the home team fans get the season's tickets. Last night it was the Giants "hosting" the JETS.

Just like any in any other situation the home team fans get the season's tickets. Last night it was the Giants "hosting" the JETS.

Haha only the bonehead jets would agree to a situation like that!

That makes sense. So the next time they meet, it would be the Jets hosting. And the Jets would still get their full compliment of home games since this was an away game, so no discount to Jets season ticket holders.
Thanks. I think I get it now.

well they are getting their own stadium built soon...i think.

They are going to share the new stadium too.

Season tickets reside with the team, not the facility. So regardless of how many times they play (though since one is NFC and the other AFC it would never be more than once a year and only in years when the NFCE is scheduled against the AFCE) it's the hosting teams fans who are ticketed for that game.

Where is the new stadium going up? Will it at least be in NY this time?

:confused: And your alternative solution would be.....?

It makes sense, a stadium is a huge undertaking, and it sits empty most of the time. Why have 2 when 1 will serve two teams just as well?

I agree with the reasoning, Pujo. I'm just trying to wrap my brain around the logistics.
What about stadium practices, locker rooms, staff offices....do both teams have full facilities (comparable to say, those at Gillette)?

Where is the new stadium going up? Will it at least be in NY this time?

No, it's going up in the Meadowlands complex right next to the old stadium. It will not be named Giants Stadium (or called The Meadowlands by it's alternate resident) this time though as the old one was by lease terms the Giants controlled since they moved in first and the JETS only joined them when they moved out of Shea. It will have a corporate sponsors name for the naming rights fees since it's construction cost is rising by the day.

The JETS had a plan to build in Manhatten but cost and politics killed that in a hurry.

I agree with the reasoning, Pujo. I'm just trying to wrap my brain around the logistics.
What about stadium practices, locker rooms, staff offices....do both teams have full facilities (comparable to say, those at Gillette)?

Obviously they would have to. It's a huge complex area and an 80,000 seat stadium so there was room for seperate practice fields. Most teams don't practice in stadium all that often. Obviously this was jerry rigged while the new facility will be designed to accommodate two tennants from the get go. The teams only face each other once every 4 years and the league schedulers know the situation so schedules are set accordingly. The old stadium features Giants colors that have to be covered up with banners. The new one will likely feature a lot more interchangeable panels to accommodate advertising as well and a neutral color scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes