PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Jets attempted to get Ferguson AND Leinart

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/413600p-349704c.html

The Jets view left tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson as the infrastructure for their offense. And after taking him with the fourth pick, they tried to construct a luxury high-rise around him: Matt Leinart.

Not long after picking Ferguson and passing on Leinart, the Daily News has learned, the Jets were furiously working the phones Saturday trying to move back into the top 10 to get the USC quarterback.

Last edited:
Wanted to give #29 & #71 for Detroit's #10. Obviously fell short on the Value Chart. Detroit wanted the Jets #35 as well, probably would have given their #141 to even it up. Jets would have missed out on Mangold and settled for the Oregon QB instead. Probably could have gotten a decent guard with Detroits mid 5th rd pick. I would have went for Leinart. What would you do?

jczxohn1 said:
Wanted to give #29 & #71 for Detroit's #10. Obviously fell short on the Value Chart. Detroit wanted the Jets #35 as well, probably would have given their #141 to even it up. Jets would have missed out on Mangold and settled for the Oregon QB instead. Probably could have gotten a decent guard with Detroits mid 5th rd pick. I would have went for Leinart. What would you do?
I thought the Cardinals picked tenth? And got Leinart?

spacecrime said:
I thought the Cardinals picked tenth? And got Leinart?
Right. Detroit had # 9. The #s still work, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes