PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jeb Bush as new Commish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mikey said:
You think Jeb Bush will be a better NFL commisioner than Tagliabue?

Why do you think so?
Well I just never liked Tagliabue although I guess I have to admit it was nice to get the CBA done. Regardless, other than that I don't think there's much to the job.

My main dislike for Tagliabue was expanding into cities that have no business having an NFL team and also his infatuation with playing games overseas - although I realize the other sports are the same way and the owners probably pushed it to increase revenues. But it's a stupid idea that needs to go away.

Pro Football Talk says Jeb told the NFL he's not interested. So I guess the issue is moot.

JR4 said:
You are so wrong! I started this thread first, realized turkeys like you would
turn it into something else but thought it was GOOD news. So I created a
post about it over there and linked to it.

Unless you can read my thoughts don't infer my intentions ... :enranged:

You are right in that I shouldn't try to read your thoughts.

But, posting the thread both here and the political forum would lead a reasonable person to believe that this had political explosion written all over it.

Take a look back at the "Condie Rice for commish thread". Take a look a the Joey Porter threads of last week.

Here's the good news. I decided that I'm finished jumping on people for posting political stuff on the football forum. If the administrator and the mods don't want to do anything about it , I'm wasting my time.

I'm going to use a different route the next time there is a thread that goes political.

PATSNUTme said:
Here's the good news. I decided that I'm finished jumping on people for posting political stuff on the football forum. If the administrator and the mods don't want to do anything about it , I'm wasting my time.
The problem is - this isn't a political thread.

BelichickFan said:

Neither was the Conie Rice thread. Neither was the Joey Porter thread. But,those who couldn't help themselves turned it into one real fast.

This one had the political dynamite tied to it. Just that the fuse didn't get lit- YET.

With an election coming up this fall, during football season, we can expect things to get worst. Unless the administrator and/or mod take a stand real soon, I don't think anyone is going to be too happy with the way the football forum is going to look.

I hope that I'm wrong about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah. His daughter's a dope fiend. His son got arrested for banging some chick in his car in a mall parking lot. No morals in that family.

Nah. His daughter's a dope fiend. His son got arrested for banging some chick in his car in a mall parking lot. His oldest son harasses ex girlfriends and climbs through windows when they dont answer the door.

No morals in that family.

BelichickFan said:

I haven't read the whole thread, but if he hasn't yet it won't be long before NEM accuses JEB of giving BJ's to foster his rise to power. (It's well known it happens all the time).

Must...resist...urge...to...make...Pro..Bowl...Ballot..Joke...arrgghh!

Last edited:
SoonerPatriot said:
Nah. His daughter's a dope fiend. His son got arrested for banging some chick in his car in a mall parking lot. His oldest son harasses ex girlfriends and climbs through windows when they dont answer the door.

No morals in that family.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case.

I would think the Libs would be happy since that would take Jeb out of the Presidential race for '08.

sieglo said:
I would think the Libs would be happy since that would take Jeb out of the Presidential race for '08.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case.

I do not know what qualifications they are looking for, but do not see Jeb Bush as a man who would fit into the mold of Tagliabue or his predecessors. Whether we like it or not his political history it would always come into play no matter what decision he made. I think he has too much baggage for this job and not sure if the NFL wants to go this way.

JoeSixPat said:
...JEB of giving BJ's to foster his rise to power. (It's well known it happens all the time).
I hadnt heard that one...

Zuma said:
Ouch......

No, you took that wrong.

NEM stated that Condie Rice PROBABLY got to where she is because she PROBABLY gave a BJ to someone. When called on that he stated that it happens through out history so he was right about it.

That's why I referred to him as the BJ expert. I wasn't taking a shot at him.

Last edited:
simple solution would be for ian to issue a 2 week ban for anyone posting their worthless political comments on a football board... he already built that little sandbox for you pricks to play in... try politics.com, not patsfans.com

I think Bush as commish is a bit silly...they don't want a political leader..will not wash..it will be someone who is qualified and NOT a public figure....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back