PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jeb Bush as new Commish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt he could be Gov. of Florida and NFL commish. That would give an advantage to the Dolphins and Bucs.

Although I guess Gary Trudeau was able to write Doonesbury and be the Prime Minister of Canada. I guess some people are better at multi-tasking than I am. :singing:

PATSNUTme said:
:mad:

OK- lets lock and move this thread before the silly stuff starts.

You should know better, by now to post a thread like this.

Even though it may start off as football related the dummies can help themselves to turn this into a political pissing match.
exactly true

Hoodie said:
I doubt he could be Gov. of Florida and NFL commish. That would give an advantage to the Dolphins and Bucs.
He's out as Governor due to term limits . . .

PATSNUTme said:
:mad:

OK- lets lock and move this thread before the silly stuff starts.

You should know better, by now to post a thread like this.

Even though it may start off as football related the dummies can help themselves to turn this into a political pissing match.
It's a real story, not just idle conjecture. Is Bush a lawyer ? If not, he's off to a good start in being better than Tagliabue.

BelichickFan said:
It's a real story, not just idle conjecture. Is Bush a lawyer ? If not, he's off to a good start in being better than Tagliabue.

I would strong suggest closing this thread before Belichickfan pollute this thread with his political garbage.

mikey said:
I would strong suggest closing this thread before Belichickfan pollute this thread with his political garbage.

Pot meet kettle

mikey said:

The pollution has already started...

mikey said:
Give me a break, I don't even like his brother and you know it. Jeb is a legitimite candidate and it's, therefore, worth discussing.

BelichickFan said:

Look JR4 posted this on the political forum and didn't get enough reponse over there to suit him, so he came over here with it.

If you need to post on the bull**** thread- do it over there. It's just sitting there.

Give JR4 what he wants and he'll go away.:enranged:

PATSNUTme said:
Look JR4 posted this on the political forum and didn't get enough reponse over there to suit him, so he came over here with it.
This isn't a political story - not until the BFH (Bush Family Haters) make it one, anyway. It's about a candidate for NFL comissioner. How the political leanings of the next NFL comissioner affect football, I have no idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoodie said:

Although I guess Gary Trudeau was able to write Doonesbury and be the Prime Minister of Canada. I guess some people are better at multi-tasking than I am. :singing:

Hmmm... Pierre Elliott Trudeau was Prime Minister of Canada, not Gary... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
PATSNUTme said:

If you need to post on the bull**** thread- do it over there. It's just sitting there.

Give JR4 what he wants and he'll go away.:enranged:

You are so wrong! I started this thread first, realized turkeys like you would
turn it into something else but thought it was GOOD news. So I created a
post about it over there and linked to it.

Unless you can read my thoughts don't infer my intentions ... :enranged:

just_sy1 said:
Hmmm... Pierre Elliott Trudeau was Prime Minister of Canada, not Gary... ;)

Hmmm, I hope you know I was joking. Though that was actually a question I once read in Parade magazine (the supplemental piece in the Sunday paper.)

Last edited:
JR4 said:
You are so wrong! I started this thread first, realized turkeys like you would
turn it into something else but thought it was GOOD news. So I created a
post about it over there and linked to it.

Unless you can read my thoughts don't infer my intentions ... :enranged:

You think it is GOOD news that Jeb Bush would be the Commissioner of the NFL?

Why do you think it is GOOD news?

mikey said:

I don't think it's good or bad. Other than getting the CBA done, it's pretty much a non job. Anyone could do it rather well.

BelichickFan said:

You think Jeb Bush will be a better NFL commisioner than Tagliabue?

Why do you think so?

Mmm ... I think that this thread shows why having Jeb Bush as Commissioner would be a very bad idea.

A Commissioner who is strongly identified politically would inevitably be divisive. I'm surprised that Rooney would have approached him.

Do you think that Rooney asked him to keep it confidential, by the way?

mikey said:

Good in the sense of "worthy of discussion". Should have said worthy instead
of good.

In the last paragraph of that article it says Tagliabue is suppose to exit on
July 31st but is willing to stay longer. I suspect if Jeb was really interested
Tags would stay until his job is finished.

I think a youthful commissoner would be a good thing ... he can better
relate to the players and having been in the position of authority can also
relate to the owners.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill