PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jay Mariotti arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jay Mariotti arrested

That was one of my reactions to this too. $50,000 bail seems to me to be an awful lot for a typical domestic. In fact my initial reaction was that that figure couldn't be accurate.

Obviously this is the first incident that we know of, but there has to be more to the story.

My guess is their is more to the story. Maybe assaulted a cop who tried to break up the fight. Anyways, this couldn't happen to a better guy. He was definitely in my top 3 of most hated mediots.

Instead of a four paragraph rant on your opinion of Jay (which nobody is interested in) why don't you post a summary of what he was arrested for first, then go into your rant. Thanks.

Gee...that sounds like something I'd expect to hear from someone like...what...could it be...Jay Mariotti...

I really don't like reveling in someone else's misfortune (yes, sometimes it is fun!). BUT if you're going to have a strong opinion, be strong willed in your beliefs no matter how far out they are and p*$$ off an aweful lot of people.....well then....sometimes other's smile when you get your comeuppance.

Patriots fans, i give you the man who wanted an investigation into the Cassel/Vrabel trade to KC. The man who laughed like a school girl when 4th and 2 failed and the man who led the charge to seemingly get the Patriots thrown out of the league for spygate (an exaggeration but you get the point).

When you live in a glass house....maybe you shouldn't throw those stones cause an AWEFUL lot of people are taking shots at you today:

ESPN's Jay Mariotti arrested by L.A. police [Updated] | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

Of the many reasons I have never taken "Around the Horn" seriously, Mariotti was probably the biggest and certainly the most annoying.

I didn't really care or know about this guy one way or the other until I saw some of the "Similar Threads" at the bottom of this discussion page. Man, what a Jackwad.

Last edited:
hes around the horns winningest contestant i believe... and he is such a jerk

Best news I have read all weekend...will be glad when he is booted from Around the Horn and an actual reporter replaces him.

Of the many reasons I have never taken "Around the Horn" seriously, Mariotti was probably the biggest and certainly the most annoying.

The three regulars are characters...Realli plays the overzealous fan, Woody Paige plays the idiot, he plays the contrarian. Adande/Smith/Blackistone/MacMullan/Cowlishaw/Ryan/Plaschke all play the unwilling straightmen.

I bet Skip Bayless is next to be arrested.

I bet Skip Bayless is next to be arrested.

Promise?

To me he is actually WORSE than Mariotti. When I see Bayless on the Tube I literally have to switch the channel . He looks like Maury Povich also, who I also cannot stand so that doesn't help.

Good, I hope he has to spend some time in prison with guys named Bubba. I hate that douche.

He's still not the guy I hate the most on that show, however... that dishonor goes to Woody "I like to YELL EVERYTHING I SAY SO EVERYONE KNOWS I'M TRYING TO MAKE A POINT HERE" Paige.

Page used to be on one of the shows Skip was on.

Page used to be on one of the shows Skip was on.

The Cold Pizza/First Take segment "1st and 10", he was on it until family matters forced him to move back to Denver permanently.

What would really complete my schadenfreude on this topic is if Mariotti used the "Do you know who I am? Do you know who you're dealing with?" routine with the police.

What would really complete my schadenfreude on this topic is if Mariotti used the "Do you know who I am? Do you know who you're dealing with?" routine with the police.

Given his attitude, his ego, his past that is a big possibility...

Given his attitude, his ego, his past that is a big possibility...

I'd say it was a given, though he was probably slurring his words. :eek:

He's still not the guy I hate the most on that show, however... that dishonor goes to Woody "I like to YELL EVERYTHING I SAY SO EVERYONE KNOWS I'M TRYING TO MAKE A POINT HERE" Paige.

I agree; Paige is an annoying, unlistenable, blathering buffoon.

Around the Horn is going to talk about it right now.

What is it about ESPN and all these ex-jocks and jourlnalist that work for ESPN that end up getting in trouble or have been in trouble before they where hired before working for ESPN.It seem to me ESPN standards are very low and then again they like drama thats why there the National Enquire of TV.Jay Mariotti has burn alot of bridges ever where he's worked and along the way has built up a who's,who of ememies along the way.Personally i hate the (TURD) what a obnoxious S.O.B. even before is arrest i have hated him.His hatred of B..B and the Patriots is no secret ever chance he got to take a shot at the Patriots organiztion on Around The Horn.Well know the BIG HYPOCRITE GET'S TO EAT CROW.:bricks:

I've seen his 'smug" mug before,,,,,but since I don't watch BSPN I have no idea who he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes