Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT - Jason Whitlock under fire for racist comment

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Snake Eyes, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +168 / 15 / -10

2. hovis

hovis On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

HA! That is friggen beautiful. :rofl:

3. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +278 / 4 / -2

#75 Jersey

Whitlock Gate. Racist Gate. Run with it Espn, see you already buried Mathew Barnaby under the rug. Why not run it into the ground like every other negative story out there. You know if it was a well known athlete this would be 24/7 coverage.

4. PittPatriot

PittPatriot PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 4 / -1

#11 Jersey

Whitlock is a fat f*ck racist…he still spends friday nights watching DVD's of The Wire.

5. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I once found myself in the hospitality room at the media hotel for the Big 12 basketball tournament in early 1998 in Kansas City. Whitlock was still with the KC Star. He came into the room and sat alone at a table where here proceeded to drink beer after beer while devouring a veggie/wings tray all by himself. He barely spoke to anyone. He struck me as being deeply unhappy.

6. LetsGoPats36

LetsGoPats36 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The 21st Century Minstrel Show strikes again.

7. juny

juny In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +144 / 1 / -0

No Jersey Selected

i wonder how forgiving he was to others who made stupid remarks in the past. i'm guessing he wasn't. now who's calling the kettle black?

8. andrewgarrr

andrewgarrr Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Should be suspended or fired.

9. Pessimistic Pete

Pessimistic Pete Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +67 / 8 / -19

The amount of racism we allow African Americans to display is ****ing disgusting.

The whole white guilt thing is also just really sad. Even seemingly harmless things like saying "lol for a white boy I can dance pretty good!" are slowly disgracing the heritage. Why must you quantify something with your race?

Now minorities are unfairly getting jobs over whites. They don't want equal rights, they now want to be superior and our society is making that come true. Quite sad.

African Americans make up 12% of the US population yet the majority of African analysts think that every sporting position should be represented with at least 50% Africans. That doesn't even make sense. I don't see the Hispanics, Asians, etc. complaining.

Sorry for the tangent and no I'm not a racist person at all (it's sad that I even have to clarify that, but anytime you're talking about race issues involving Africans, you're automatically a racist in today's world), which is why it sickens me. I hate seeing discrimination of ANY race and it's happening all over the country. Especially those poor Asian kids who get amazing grades but don't get into their desired college because the college already met their Asian quota, disgusting.

Rob Parker, Jemelle Hill, etc.....so many blatant racists allowed to spew their trash on ESPN everyday with no consequence.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  10. Wotan_the_Wanderer

Wotan_the_Wanderer Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Asian Americans are also minorities and in this case, it was an Asian American who had been subjected to racism by another member of the so-called minority. Please don't hijack this into a thread about "reverse racism."

11. Snake Eyes

Ratings:
    +168 / 15 / -10

What, exactly, is "reverse-racism"? I wasn't aware racism only only come from one group, racism can come from any person of any group, as Whitlock demonstrated.

Also, did anyone find it peculiar that Gronk was referred to as a "white boy wasted"?

12. Wotan_the_Wanderer

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Are you suggesting you've never heard this phrase before? And if you have, why insist on arguing semantics when you know clearly that this is phrase that's often uttered by the likes of Rush Limbaugh?

13. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +984 / 20 / -20

Off to the politic thread before this gets uglier that it already is.

14. TheBostonStraggler

TheBostonStraggler In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -1

What makes this the same old same old MSM BS is this: if Whitlock is at a comedy club and says this on stage, he is given an HBO comedy special. You can turn on HBO, and other channels, and hear "worse" under the guise of comedy. Why isn't this just a statement of comedy akin to that? We all know the reason for that.
    There are two reasons why whitlock is in trouble on this: A) because he said this against a group that has 'status' among the MSM (fortunately for him he is among a higher status saying it against a group with less status) and B) Whitlock, rightly or wrongly, frequently swims against the stream when it comes to the MSM's racial-ethic ethos (meaning he will get less 'slack' for comments like this). If Whitlock was totally in line with the MSM and never writing anything racially-ethinically controversial, this blows over quicker. I still believe he will get past this with not too much trouble but there will be some quote/unquote outrage.

In my opinion Whitlock absolutely, positively should NOT be in trouble on this. The reason is if he says something about White men, Catholics, highly attractive less than genius blond women, affluent, geographical groups, among others, it is largely a free pass against those groups. Ultimately, If the MSM wants to roast people for statements like this then they need to start being honest about it. Comedians begin not getting main stream recognition for the same statements (and worse). Since that is not going to happen (there are pletty of books out there as to the real motivations of the MSM), this deservedly should be a story that fades quickly into history.

15. Wotan_the_Wanderer

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Actually, Isiah Thomas was rightly taken to task and ripped a new one for having played the race card against Larry Bird. :rolleyes:

16. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +108 / 15 / -9

This is the same guy who thought the Ravien vs Patriots were a black
    vs white issue.

Jason Whitlock Says Patriots-Ravens Matchup 'Soaked in White-Black Racial Component' of Tom Brady-Ray Lewis - Daily Blend - NESN.com

This Lin kids is not bringing the best out of the black community.

Now Floyd Mayweather hits Jeremy Lin on race.

Floyd Mayweather Hits Jeremy Lin On Race | ThePostGame

The outspoken boxer who once told rival Manny Pacquiao, a Filipino, to "make some sushi rolls and cook some rice"

Well if you are going to be a racist, it is best to have a good resume.

17. #56300ex

#56300ex Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

I see what you did there.

18. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +108 / 15 / -9

Whitlock had no problem supporting the TWO WEEK suspension of golf channels KellyTilghman.

She used the wrong word for sure, but she did not put it in print.
    It is a lot easier to have a slip of the tongue, than make a mistake in print.

Tiger Woods did not have a problem with her comments, but Whtilock
    supported the suspension

Golf Channel President Comments On Tilghman Suspension - SportsBusiness Daily | SportsBusiness Journal

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  19. tuckeverlasting

tuckeverlasting 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

first of all sports writers can't be writing about jeremy lin's "angry inch". secondly, michael richards was in a comedy club and he still hasn't seen the light of day.

personally, i think everyone's too sensitive. i'd prefer if nothing were off limits and everything were out in the open. that's when you'd find out people's true character.

20. Snake Eyes

Ratings:
    +168 / 15 / -10

I don’t listen to Limbaugh, I have heard that term before but I think it’s stupid and offensive. Whites don’t have a patent on racism but you imply that when you use a term like "reverse racism", by not objecting when Gronk is referred to as "white boy wasted" you give silent consent the use of a racist term.

Words have a meaning, you’d do well to use them properly.