OT:Japan with an epic Peyton Manning Broncos esque collapse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froob

Independent Investigator & pliable af
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Yeah know it's women soccer but that was too funny, the biggest collapse since this
giphy.gif

Maybe Peyton doesn't feel quite as bad now.

They didn't collapse -- they ran into some genuine US badass b1tches

Yeah, that wasn't a collapse so much as a better team just thoroughly dominating. Japan struggled with England for the same reason in the semifinal: size is a problem for them (only 2 players over 5'6)". Across the board, the US was just bigger and faster than them. So when that's your starting point, and you come out and play a better tactical and technical game as well... well, you get a 5-2 final.

The way the US played after moving to a 4-3-3, nobody was going to beat them. They thoroughly beat the #1 team in the world playing a 'B' level game in the semis. They're just clearly the best team in the world right now, and nobody's particularly close. Maybe France, was just bad luck for them to have to play the #1 team in the quarterfinals.

Last edited:
As a middle aged neanderthal, I had to Google all the terms to understand what you were saying.......

I did too and I STILL don't understand WTF this crap is...

"I'm a social justice warrior!"...yeah...uh, nice. If this is really true then do society some justice and chew a few cyanide tablets.

Congratulations to the USA women's team ... they worked hard - on a mission and they succeeded.

Japan should have played a 4-2-3-1 to counter the American teams 4-3-3 ... but they didn't.

Japan's goalie really sucks ... was their weak link and staying in a 4-4-2 made it worse for her.;):D;)

Women's soccer is dreadful to watch ....... unless one is a young girl of course.

Japan's goalie really sucks ... was their weak link and staying in a 4-4-2 made it worse for her.;):D;)
Well, I am not sure what kind of formation Japan could have played to prevent their unwise goalie from coming out of the goal so far that the U.S. was literally able to score on a shot from midfield.

Well, I am not sure what kind of formation Japan could have played to prevent their unwise goalie from coming out of the goal so far that the U.S. was literally able to score on a shot from midfield.
The goalie was playing her position properly for where the ball was at the time ...
Her technique going back to the net was horrible ... awful ... why she tripped twice in the process.

That's rather deplorable to post .... RIP.
I'm with you Icy. Some things, no matter the intention, should not be touched on.

Congrats to the USWNT. A well deserved victory.

Yeah, that wasn't a collapse so much as a better team just thoroughly dominating. Japan struggled with England for the same reason in the semifinal: size is a problem for them (only 2 players over 5'6)". Across the board, the US was just bigger and faster than them. So when that's your starting point, and you come out and play a better tactical and technical game as well... well, you get a 5-2 final.

The way the US played after moving to a 4-3-3, nobody was going to beat them. They thoroughly beat the #1 team in the world playing a 'B' level game in the semis. They're just clearly the best team in the world right now, and nobody's particularly close. Maybe France, was just bad luck for them to have to play the #1 team in the quarterfinals.

It wasn't a Manningesque collapse.

It was more like every Pats-Colts game with Andrew Luck. :)

If you ask me (and no one has), I think all women's sports should be played in the nude. Heck, I'd even become a fan. :cool:

The only 2 woman's sports I enjoy more than men's are Tennis and Volleyball.

With men those have too many 1 shot points. With woman you see more rallies. Also woman's volleyball... well they are in good shape huh? :)

Edit: Also jokes aside there are a few sports where the woman are close to the men. However sports like Soccer are clearly night and day. With an under 18 male team dominates the top woman's team in routs year after year in scrimmages you know the quality is just not that high,

Last edited:
The only 2 woman's sports I enjoy more than men's are Tennis and Volleyball.

With men those have too many 1 shot points. With woman you see more rallies. Also woman's volleyball... well they are in good shape huh? :)

Edit: Also jokes aside there are a few sports where the woman are close to the men. However sports like Soccer are clearly night and day. With an under 18 male team dominates the top woman's team in routs year after year in scrimmages you know the quality is just not that high,

You haven't watched men's tennis recently. Those matches are now usually 3,4 even 5+ hours because they have long rallies. Gone are the days of serve and volley.

By the way, this is how the match in 2011 could have turned out. IIRC, the Americans dominated shots on goal but kept missing. They converted this time around.

You haven't watched men's tennis recently. Those matches are now usually 3,4 even 5+ hours because they have long rallies. Gone are the days of serve and volley.

I watch some Wimbledon last week and maybe it was just that match but it was Federer vs someone else and it seemed the entire set was serve and volley so I got bored after that and turned it off. I don't watch a ton of matches but whenever I tune in it is all serve and volley so I get bored and change the channel. Maybe I am just unlucky in the matches I catch though... idk.

Yeah know it's women soccer but that was too funny, the biggest collapse since this
giphy.gif

Maybe Peyton doesn't feel quite as bad now.

.........or, just maybe, the US Women's Soccer team (which delivered a complete and dominant beat down of a favored German team last week) is really just that good?

It doesn't always have to be a negative.

Last edited:
The US team was just super pissed that they lost in 2011. But the Japan team did a good Manning impression by laying down and dying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down