Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT: Jags on officiating

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SVN, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +190 / 1 / -0

http://www.jaguars.com/News/Article.aspx?id=6559

even brady was incensed at the lineman barking when the pats were taking a knee..

http://www.jaguars.com/News/Article.aspx?id=6560

i think the jags talk too much before a game but seem to quite incensed here.
  2. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Re: OT:Jags on officiating

Its quite possible that there is a bias in Colts officiating, but that was a total Jag meltdown on the 15 yard penalty (1st and goal on the 5) that probably cost the Jags the game. Do not cry about that call when your stupid enough to retaliate when your in postion to score.
  3. Gwedd

Gwedd PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +251 / 1 / -1

#61 Jersey

They have every right to be incensed. That game was blatantly rigged. It was bought and paid for by Polian and/or Goodell as a gift for the Colts to make certain they got a good standing in the playoffs.

Anyone with more than two functioning brain cells, who watches Colts games, can easily see the favoritism desplayed towards them by the refs.

As long as Polian owns that team, this will continue.
  4. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +190 / 1 / -0

i for one dont thing the refs and the game is rigged but i think the fact that polian week after week sends complaints to the league on officiating has its effect on games. The refs are trying to avoid hearing from polian every week so they look at the colts games differently inadvertently.
  5. workhorse

workhorse Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Sour grapes. I would be willing to bet most every d-line does the same thing. And everyone knows the guy that retaliates is the one that gets called for it. You have to keep your head on straight when you are in a position to score.

I guess the favoritism was in full force when they blew the play dead when the Colts had a pick 6 and when they took Gonzalez's TD off the board for offensive PI? How about the missed defensive PI that was more blatent on the very next play? My point is there are calls or non-calls that go for both teams, if you are strictly looking for one side, that's all you will see.

BTW, Jim Irsay owns the Colts.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  6. DGameguy

DGameguy Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I mean, that non-fumble call on Utecht was ridiculous, and I was incensed and ready to call the game rigged, but there were a couple of bad calls against the Colts, like that bogus offensive pass intereference on Gonzalez.
  7. patsfaninpa

patsfaninpa Rookie

Ratings:
    +51 / 8 / -3

THe pick 6 was an illegal procedure Einstein. And, yes Gonzalez blatantly tried to shove cb. Kind of whiffed. But, he certainly tried to push him. I see that the colts have started to use the pick play now that they can't get guys open. 3-4 of them. One obvious one, where Clark flattened the guy covering Wayne. The PI not called on Clark was borderline. They should let borderline calls go. Not give you everyone. But, since you get those calls all of the time. I can see why you would feel that way.
  8. PonyExpress

PonyExpress Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 3 / -0

I watched this game closely and agree with every complaint the Jaguars are voicing.
  9. workhorse

workhorse Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So you now get penalized for intent even if you don't actually do anything? :rolleyes:
  10. 37Harrison

37Harrison Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -2

#37 Jersey

Didn't Patriot fans get ridiculed for saying the same thing about the whole "spygate" incident? Weren't we told that if our kids gave us the excuse, "but everyone else does it" holds no water and "two wrongs don't make a right"? Seriously, we don't want to hear it. It is more than just Jaguar and Patriot fans that see this blatant bias for the Colts.

Making excuses to fit your argument won't work here.
  11. ironwasp

ironwasp Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I didn't see all of this game by any means; but those close calls that I did went to the Colts, but by and large I though the calls were correct.

And frankly the Jags have only one person to blame for the stupid unncessary roughness call when they'd just secured a first and goal on the 7. That was the momentum-killing game changer; without it I'm convinced they would have gotten in the end zone and kept within 7. They paid for the lack of discipline.
  12. cavtroop

cavtroop Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I wonder if the tide is starting to turn here against the Colts. I don't think they are doing anything overtly here - just a subtle intimidation of the NFL and the officials - constant whining, complaining to the league, etc. Squeaky wheel gets the grease, you know.

But I think people (outside NE) are slowly starting to see this now. You could tell Del Rio was thinking that right from the first challenge of the game - where he challenged the spot of the ball (over 1/2 yard difference) but still lost the challenge, as it was a 1st down (correct ruling). But you could tell Del Rio was BS that the spot was so generous. Even my wife, who doesn't follow football at all, mentioned what a generous spot that was.

Thats the kind of stuff the Colts get - great spots, a little leniency in the PI department, complete non-calls on holds on the OLine, etc., more Off PI called against opposing teams, etc etc etc.

The Off PI call had to be made - officials are intimidated, not stupid.

I also blame this on a lack of fulltime qualified refs. Ones that wouldn't be intimidated by the school-yard antics of the Colts front office. But thats a pipe dream, I guess.
  13. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,637 / 70 / -75

Disable Jersey

Lack of discipline is what caused it? No.

1.) That terrible "incomplete" ruling caused it as much as any one thing can be 'blamed'.

2.) Williams, who got that penalty, was getting up off the ground and pushed a Colt because he'd been knocked there by that Colts player when he wasn't even involved in the play. The official was standing right there while the incident happened and only flagged the Jaguar. That official should be fired today.
  14. Keegs

Keegs Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Now it's on profootballtalk.

But i guess it must be a massive coincidence that several teams get screwed by the refs when they play the Colts.
  15. workhorse

workhorse Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Actually he won the challenge, but it did not change the out come of the play which was a first down. But the did move the spot, so he won the challenge. You could probably challenge 2/3 of the spots in the NFL and win most of them. Spotting the ball is soooo inaccurate.
  16. cavtroop

cavtroop Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

And spots are always way too advantageous to the Colts.

As for the challenge, yes, he won. Point is, he shouldn't have had to burn the challenge - much like that call in the pats game on the first colts series. I think it was Whitehead (not sure) on the sideline. Two refs standing there, foot clearly out of bounds (everyone could see it), still called him in bounds, forcing the Pats to burn a challenge to overturn it.

Coincidence? Doubt it. Intentional by the refs? doubt that, too. They're just intimidated by the Colts FO, and by Polian.
  17. BrianPat

BrianPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

So sad, why do you think anyone is listening to you, your a colts fan ! This conversation does not involve you, your position is not one we agree with, stop trying to defend your team, it's sad !!
  18. workhorse

workhorse Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It's sad that you think someone souldn't defend their team. The conversation involves my team, so it involves me by default. Do you want a board run like a military state or a center of free discussion?
  19. Keegs

Keegs Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I want your team to quit playing every week with a ridiculous advantage.

My God, if Brady and that pats had the refs in their pocket they'd have 5 rings straight by now.
  20. BrianPat

BrianPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I disagree, but by all means, defend away !

Smart people avoid lost causes, defending your team on this subject, on this board, is a lost cause.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.