PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: iTunes help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill's Girl

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I know this is waaaaaay of topic, but does anyone have any expertise with itunes. I can purchase songs from the store, but they will not download to the library or my ipod. I have emailed their tech support, but an answer could be 72 hours away.....

Anyone have any advice on how to fix this? Feel free to PM me with an answer if you don't want to respond on the board.

Thanks in advance,
BG

try clicking on "advanced" in the upper left hand corner and then on "check for purchased music"

Last edited:
what kind of ipod do you have?

video ipod

regular ipod

ipod mini

???????

it does make a difference

jimmyjames said:
try clicking on "advanced" in the upper left hand corner and then on "check for purchased music"

I did that and when the download fails, I get a (-50) message. Thanks! I have been at this for 3 hours now....

brdmaverick said:
what kind of ipod do you have?

video ipod

regular ipod

ipod mini

???????

it does make a difference

I have a shuffle, but it was not hooked to my laptop when I was downloading.

Bill's Girl said:
I did that and when the download fails, I get a (-50) message. Thanks! I have been at this for 3 hours now....

Are the tunes registered for that computer?

Na_polian said:
Are the tunes registered for that computer?

What do you mean registered? I have an itunes account and they are saying the songs have been purchased.

Bill's Girl said:
What do you mean registered? I have an itunes account and they are saying the songs have been purchased.

Well, for example I have a desktop at home, which is where I normally download my iTunes. However, I copied some over to my laptop and tried to play them in iTunes and they wouldn't work because the songs were not "registered" for that computer. I also had trouble downloading on the laptop. However, I eventually got prompted to register my laptop (I forget hwo that came about) so I could play them etc... and I was then able to downlaod successfully. I think iTunes lets you use your song on 3 registered computers... IIRC.

(Another option is to look and see how your disk space situation is...)

Na_polian said:
Well, for example I have a desktop at home, which is where I normally download my iTunes. However, I copied some over to my laptop and tried to play them in iTunes and they wouldn't work because the songs were not "registered" for that computer. I also had trouble downloading on the laptop. However, I eventually got prompted to register my laptop (I forget hwo that came about) so I could play them etc... and I was then able to downlaod successfully. I think iTunes lets you use your song on 3 registered computers... IIRC.

(Another option is to look and see how your disk space situation is...)

I only have the one computer and I think I registered it when I got it. Thank you for all the help!

Thanks everyone, I finally got it!! I had to shut off the web excellerator on my Netzero software.....sheesh, four hours of my life I will never get back and all this for Captain and Tenille's Muscrat Love......

Last edited:
Bill's Girl said:
Thanks everyone, I finally got it!! I had to shut off the web excellerator on my Netzero software.....sheesh, four hours of my life I will never get back and all this for Captain and Tenille's Muscrat Love......

I thought that you said you were 32 , not 62.

Even the Captain and Tenille don't listen to the Captain and Tenille anymore.

PATSNUTme said:
I thought that you said you were 32 , not 62.

Even the Captain and Tenille don't listen to the Captain and Tenille anymore.

Nut, I was being silly.....four hours, four ativan and instructions written in sanscrit......not a pretty sight here! I actually downloading Faith Hill.

Does your location have anything to do with my being enamored by the Beli-smack?

Bill's Girl said:
Nut, I was being silly.....four hours, four ativan and instructions written in sanscrit......not a pretty sight here! I actually downloading Faith Hill.

Does your location have anything to do with my being enamored by the Beli-smack?

No, it is Super Bowl week and my Patriots aren't playing . So, Heartbreak Hotel is my offcial location for the Super Bowl.

If you take a right on Lonely Street is down at the end. It's very crowded but they still can find some room.

PATSNUTme said:
No, it is Super Bowl week and my Patriots aren't playing . So, Heartbreak Hotel is my offcial location for the Super Bowl.

If you take a right on Lonely Street is down at the end. It's very crowded but they still can find some room.

Does BB have a room there too?

Bill's Girl said:
Does BB have a room there too?

He told me not to tell.

PATSNUTme said:
He told me not to tell.

HA!!! I'll just grab my best tube of lip gloss, my Bon Jovi CDs and be right over....

Geez,I wish I saw this earlier.I would have helped out easily.

I work for the Apple iPod phone tech support haha.

PM me if you need any help. :D

I once wasted a few hours screwing around with itunes doing basically the same thing as Bills Girl. Then I wisened up and went back to buying my music on CD's and copying them wherever and whenever the heck I want too with no silly restrictions, not to mention much better sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes